No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +5.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

15th - Rise

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » Warlock Destroyer
 Author Warlock Destroyer
DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-06-13 12:32   
I've read old posts on forum and found a very beautiful model. Hope Kenny and YIMMM get inspired from it.

Achilles Lord of the Myrmidon
Grand Admiral
The Myrmidon Legion

Posted: 2013-06-13 12:45   
Not to step on anyones toes here, but that is armed more like a cruiser or even a battleship rather than a actuall destroyer.

Signature size too large, please resize (600x200x100kb)

Email Achilles Lord of the Myrmidon   Goto the website of Achilles Lord of the Myrmidon
Ray[OU]
Marshal

From: Some where in deep space, From another galaxy. [Origin Unknown]
Posted: 2013-06-13 13:28   
Looks like it was from something eles, IE Another game that never saw Light or a movie or something. However it would look nice if you coverd it up a bit (Im not much of a fan for haveing ship parts Exposed such as the aft of that ship) Somebody took a lot of time on that thing...Perhaps you should do a little research on it, dont want DS to get slammed with a lawsuit for copyright crap.

Schroedingers Gun
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-06-13 14:05   
Quote:
On 2013-06-13 13:28, Supreme Commander~Ray[OU] wrote:
Looks like it was from something eles, IE Another game that never saw Light or a movie or something. However it would look nice if you coverd it up a bit (Im not much of a fan for haveing ship parts Exposed such as the aft of that ship) Somebody took a lot of time on that thing...Perhaps you should do a little research on it, dont want DS to get slammed with a lawsuit for copyright crap.

thats because its from Babylon 5

EAS is short for Earth Alliance Ship

it was the 1st earth alliance ship to use artificial gravity instead of using rotation sections like the older Omega class destroyer it replaced. It also had organic components derived from Shadow tech. It was designed to equal the Minbari Sharlin cruiser in combat ability. The most powerful EA ship until the Excalibur was built.

*end geek mode*

Achilles Lord of the Myrmidon
Grand Admiral
The Myrmidon Legion

Posted: 2013-06-13 15:34   
Quote:
On 2013-06-13 14:05, Schroedingers Gun wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-06-13 13:28, Supreme Commander~Ray[OU] wrote:

thats because its from Babylon 5

EAS is short for Earth Alliance Ship

it was the 1st earth alliance ship to use artificial gravity instead of using rotation sections like the older Omega class destroyer it replaced. It also had organic components derived from Shadow tech. It was designed to equal the Minbari Sharlin cruiser in combat ability. The most powerful EA ship until the Excalibur was built.

*end geek mode*

Lol Achilles approves of Babylon 5 geeks.

Signature size too large, please resize (600x200x100kb)

Email Achilles Lord of the Myrmidon   Goto the website of Achilles Lord of the Myrmidon
Challenger
Marshal

Posted: 2013-06-13 18:27   
Moved to Developer Feedback

Email Challenger
Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-06-13 21:46   
It looks like it might make for a good T3 ICC destroyer if it was greatly simplified in detail, but kept the main shape.

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-06-13 23:31   
Quote:
On 2013-06-13 21:46, Fluttershy wrote:
It looks like it might make for a good T3 ICC destroyer if it was greatly simplified in detail, but kept the main shape.

So far, 1992m is longer than any dread in game. Cut EAS Merlin and 09-ME section and we'll have the ICC T3 cruiser.

Thanks for information Gun. Babylon 5 online does have some similar models to DS. Example:

Are Shadow and Vorlon mother and father of your Siphon, Kenny?

The bridge is UGTO like.

K'luth destroyer in purple.

Similar to YIMMM UGTO station model.

Seems like from ships from all cosmos stimulation game somewhat share same impression on models. I found this the most true ICC ship:

[ This Message was edited by: DiepLuc on 2013-06-13 23:39 ]

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2013-06-14 03:34   

The old ICC destroyer (minelayer) does resemble the Warlock in some ways.

Truth be told, I don't really like EF or EA designs. I remember reading somewhere that DS ships were inspired by B5. I liked the First Ones' ships though.

Xavier I. Agamemnon
Grand Admiral
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2013-06-14 05:45   
I love the EAS Warlock its design is so beautiful so simple. the reason its not a battleship or a cruiser because the B5 universe dosnt use classes the same way as on the shows ie the Hyperion is a Cruiser and has less armament than an omega destroyer the same with with a nova destroyer with has more armament then a omega with out the turning section of the omega. but i havent ever seen a battleship in b5 i could be mistaken what i have seen is that it goes like corvette cruiser destroyer.

oh and the Excalibur is not an EA Ship it a lone from the ISA to go find a cure of the drakh plague.
[ This Message was edited by: Xavier I. Agamemnon on 2013-06-14 05:49 ]

Xavier I. Agamemnon
CD/I.C.S Spartacus
HC/I.C.S Athena
CDD/I.C.S Achilles
Leader of the Exathra Alliance Fleet.

Email Xavier I. Agamemnon   Goto the website of Xavier I. Agamemnon
Admiral Valeor Tackle
Admiral

Posted: 2013-06-14 08:06   
Looks cool!

Pleasse do not cry

Schroedingers Gun
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-06-14 14:32   
Quote:
On 2013-06-14 05:45, Xavier I. Agamemnon wrote:
I love the EAS Warlock its design is so beautiful so simple. the reason its not a battleship or a cruiser because the B5 universe dosnt use classes the same way as on the shows ie the Hyperion is a Cruiser and has less armament than an omega destroyer the same with with a nova destroyer with has more armament then a omega with out the turning section of the omega. but i havent ever seen a battleship in b5 i could be mistaken what i have seen is that it goes like corvette cruiser destroyer.

oh and the Excalibur is not an EA Ship it a lone from the ISA to go find a cure of the drakh plague.
[ This Message was edited by: Schroedingers Gun on 2013-06-14 14:34 ]

if i recall correctly each race in B5 was different. yes the classes don't match up to DS ships, the Hyperion was a Battle cruiser while the Warlock was a destroyer which seems odd by DS sizing. having looked it up the the Nova class was a dreadnought (source Ships of the Galaxy for the B5 rpg).

The Minbari Sharlin while larger than any EA ship was only classed as a war cruiser.

To add to the confusion of ship size/classes in the B5 verse the Excalibur (Victory class) was only a destroyer.

The more i look at it the more i realise that in the B5 verse,class category a ship is in is down to what race builds it and what its designed to do. the Nova class dreadnought is 1450m long while the Victory class destroyer is 3000m long. It's all just one big mess of too many conditions and circumstances to take in to account.

also now i feel the need to have a B5 marathon again. damit

Xavier I. Agamemnon
Grand Admiral
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2013-06-14 15:44   
Quote:
On 2013-06-14 14:32, Schroedingers Gun wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-06-14 05:45, Xavier I. Agamemnon wrote:

[ This Message was edited by: Schroedingers Gun on 2013-06-14 14:34 ]

if i recall correctly each race in B5 was different. yes the classes don't match up to DS ships, the Hyperion was a Battle cruiser while the Warlock was a destroyer which seems odd by DS sizing. having looked it up the the Nova class was a dreadnought (source Ships of the Galaxy for the B5 rpg).

The Minbari Sharlin while larger than any EA ship was only classed as a war cruiser.

To add to the confusion of ship size/classes in the B5 verse the Excalibur (Victory class) was only a destroyer.

The more i look at it the more i realise that in the B5 verse,class category a ship is in is down to what race builds it and what its designed to do. the Nova class dreadnought is 1450m long while the Victory class destroyer is 3000m long. It's all just one big mess of too many conditions and circumstances to take in to account.

also now i feel the need to have a B5 marathon again. damit

crap i totally forgot the nova was a dreadnought. may it goes by size of armament?

nd there are different variants of Hyperion's there is a battle cruiser and theirs a heavy cruiser there are a bunch of other ones too

nd yea maybe ill do one too after i finish ST:TNG

Xavier I. Agamemnon
CD/I.C.S Spartacus
HC/I.C.S Athena
CDD/I.C.S Achilles
Leader of the Exathra Alliance Fleet.

Email Xavier I. Agamemnon   Goto the website of Xavier I. Agamemnon
Schroedingers Gun
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-06-15 09:28   
it occurs to me that we need to take in account the relative age of the ship within the verse. While the Nova class is a dreadnought, it is also an old ship design. In ship of the galaxy the Nova is described as having "...slow speed and poor maneuverability...". This makes me think that is why is a dreadnought as my understanding that the Warlock class could run rings round the Nova class.

Page created in 0.034321 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR