Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » [Feedback] The new Metaverse map
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author [Feedback] The new Metaverse map
Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2013-06-23 14:54   
Please leave feedback for the new Metaverse map below. Please only comment on the map, and not things like AI counts (which are completely seperate).

Issues we're aware of:

• Selecting things in proxy servers and having them disappear.
  • AI counts being wonky (please don't comment on this) - spawners are not hooked up yet.

Cold Death
Admiral

Posted: 2013-06-23 16:10   
So, first of all, I'd like to say that the new MV map ( as seen on the Beta server ) looks awesome, and very nicely done by the devs.

Second, I noticed that it's been split up into smaller sectors, and since I haven't been online all that much is there a planned feature where you can talk to people across sectors?

Other than that, I'm happy to see this game is still going strong and that some of the people I knew are still here.
[ This Message was edited by: Cold Death *RO* on 2013-06-23 14:55 ]

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2013-06-24 07:37   
Quote:
On 2013-06-23 14:54, Cold Death *RO* wrote:
So, first of all, I'd like to say that the new MV map ( as seen on the Beta server ) looks awesome, and very nicely done by the devs.

Second, I noticed that it's been split up into smaller sectors, and since I haven't been online all that much is there a planned feature where you can talk to people across sectors?

Other than that, I'm happy to see this game is still going strong and that some of the people I knew are still here.

Cross-server chat: Yes, it will be there on release. Unfortunately due to some database changes being required, this will have to wait until release, but it does work. Most of Faustus' time has been spent on making significant changes to GCQS to handle all the game server chat rather than each server process, and allow multi-room connections.

Essentially, fleet chat, faction chat, and server chat will all be done via rooms, but will be hidden to GCQL. This also has the added bonus of allowing new players access to the best knowledgebase we have, the players, upon joining the universe.

Sheraton*XO*
Chief Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2013-06-24 08:10   
I do like the map layout in general. However, I find it annoying on the ICC side that we have no planets aside from barrens to facilitate SY planets in ross 248 and 61 cyg A. Those things aside I find the map adequate. the placing of the planets is fine on all sides the pirates are on one side, and the MI on the other.

-Sheraton

Twilit Keel Mountains traversed at last we met a dragon who spoke thus: \"Sheraton am I who interprets the signs.\"

Achilles Lord of the Myrmidon
Grand Admiral
The Myrmidon Legion

Posted: 2013-06-24 08:11   
I, for one, absolutely love the the Mv layout it takes me back to the old SAg server days.

Signature size too large, please resize (600x200x100kb)

Email Achilles Lord of the Myrmidon   Goto the website of Achilles Lord of the Myrmidon
Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2013-06-24 08:19   
lots and lots of 3-system servers now, the brown gates are everywhere!

travelling from one end of the map to the other (say, Struve to Ross 348) will still take time, but not as much as before.

attacks on home servers would be easier to do, same with retreating.

lalande (the centremost of all systems) would receive generous player traffic as it is the fastest way to travel from Luyten (UGTO-ICC competed system) to BD (ICC-K'Luth competed server).

Critium 32 seems to be a server of its own. pretty isolated for a star.

lot of vertical variations in the servers which would provide for a fantastic and dynamic view of space.

overall, good place to play in.

+SuperNova+
Marshal

Posted: 2013-06-24 08:35   
Its awesome, cant wait for the release! muhehe

Cold Death
Admiral

Posted: 2013-06-24 08:55   
Quote:
- New metaverse map (*le wild gaifen appears*).

Speaking of gaifens, can we expect them to spawn in nebulas again?

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2013-06-24 09:25   
Quote:
On 2013-06-24 08:10, Sheraton *XO* wrote:
ICC no planets aside from barrens to facilitate SY planets in ross 248 and 61 cyg A.

thats correct. note also those two are between CD and Eps Ind, which do have planets better suited to supporting shipyards (unless those planets in eps ind were removed as per the poll 3 months ago.) [and since it's left with an arid and an ice, looks like they were. good job guys. this is why you cant have nice things.]

Quote:
On 2013-06-24 08:11, Achilles Lord of the Myrmidon wrote:
back to the old SAg server days.

nope. farther back.

Quote:
On 2013-06-24 08:19, Trader of Destiny wrote:
Critium 32 seems to be a server of its own. pretty isolated for a star.

its not.

*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2013-06-24 10:45   
I don't like the fact that the ICC jump gates in Ross 248, 68 cyg A, CD 36 is a straight shot through to tau ceti where as all the other systems have some sort of obstruction be it a planet cluster or star

Email *FTL*Soulless
Ray[OU]
Marshal

From: Some where in deep space, From another galaxy. [Origin Unknown]
Posted: 2013-06-24 10:56   
This may or may not be off topic but it does involve travel, and it might just be me....Now iv only been to ICC thus far But There seems so be something Amiss with the Jump drive's of ICC station's and Commmand dread. They are takeing Extremely long time to charge and it takes 36secounds or so just to jump 22,000 something Distance. Is this Intended? Ill go to the other Factions and test those same class ship's.

[ This Message was edited by: Ray[OU] on 2013-06-24 11:09 ]

Sheraton*XO*
Chief Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2013-06-24 12:03   
Quote:
On 2013-06-24 10:56, Ray[OU] wrote:
This may or may not be off topic but it does involve travel, and it might just be me....Now iv only been to ICC thus far But There seems so be something Amiss with the Jump drive's of ICC station's and Commmand dread. They are takeing Extremely long time to charge and it takes 36secounds or so just to jump 22,000 something Distance. Is this Intended? Ill go to the other Factions and test those same class ship's.

[ This Message was edited by: Ray[OU] on 2013-06-24 11:09 ]

long jump drive charge time on the stations is not a glitch.

Twilit Keel Mountains traversed at last we met a dragon who spoke thus: \"Sheraton am I who interprets the signs.\"

Sheraton*XO*
Chief Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2013-06-24 12:16   
Quote:
On 2013-06-24 09:25, Doran wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-06-24 08:10, Sheraton *XO* wrote:
ICC no planets aside from barrens to facilitate SY planets in ross 248 and 61 cyg A.

thats correct. note also those two are between CD and Eps Ind, which do have planets better suited to supporting shipyards (unless those planets in eps ind were removed as per the poll 3 months ago.) [

CD+36 has plenty of planets to support SYs certainly but unless cross server transfering is being improved this will present a problem for some, like me, whose game likes to freeze everytime they cross the servers.

-Sheraton

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-06-24 15:24   
I would love if all factions have their spawning gate (as in scenario) per sectors.

Examples of spawn gate (for 0 res ships only):
Ross 348: UGTO
Ross 448: ICC
Dres-kona: K'Luth

William 38a: ICC
Williams 22: K'Luth
Cephid Prime: UGTO

This way, everybody has a chance to invade every sector, without to travel a long, long way to the destined location. Nobody wants to get an engi, go several gates, enter the transfer gate, build plats in deep spaces; then log off 2 mins, get bomber and return the same routine; the log off 2 mins and repeats transport 3 times. Too much time. Even without resistance during capturing, I don't think player has such patience and luck.

The problem with the old map, current map, and beta map is that it does not support quick invasion from another sector. Players, regardless of faction, must always reach a certain gate to transfer to another sector. That's why mainly the faction who is controling the cluster where the tranfer gate locates, will dare to invade. Else, no.

That's why there is rarely invasion at Rogen, Procyon, Home server. Too inconvenient! I can understand why people only gather in Sagi. I myself spend around 1 hour to capture a planet in Rogen alone with a SY exists. Without existent SY, I didn't know how long it would have taken me to capture the first planet in a sector.

So please, have each faction a launching gate in one cluster per sector. This way, we can get rid of transfer gate, and farewell transfer gate camping and hello multiple choice of invasion place.

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2013-06-24 17:15   
There will only ever be one spawn gate per faction, and it will only ever be in their home system. No more, no less. They only serve as a spawn point if the server map data becomes corrupt and un-bootable, making the map restore to default (all planets unknown, no structures, etc).
[ This Message was edited by: Pantheon on 2013-06-24 17:16 ]

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.024698 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR