No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » [Feedback] The new Metaverse map
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author [Feedback] The new Metaverse map
Chewy Squirrel
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-06-24 21:33   
Will we also be able to see players on different servers with the release of 1.7? I can foresee the fragmentation of the central systems onto different servers causing issues on this front.

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2013-06-24 22:13   
Quote:
On 2013-06-24 21:33, Chewy Squirrel wrote:
Will we also be able to see players on different servers with the release of 1.7? I can foresee the fragmentation of the central systems onto different servers causing issues on this front.

Your connections couldn't handle it. Not even joking.

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2013-06-24 22:17   
Quote:
On 2013-06-24 15:24, DiepLuc wrote:
I would love if all factions have their spawning gate (as in scenario) per sectors.

Examples of spawn gate (for 0 res ships only):
Ross 348: UGTO
Ross 448: ICC
Dres-kona: K'Luth

William 38a: ICC
Williams 22: K'Luth
Cephid Prime: UGTO

This way, everybody has a chance to invade every sector, without to travel a long, long way to the destined location. Nobody wants to get an engi, go several gates, enter the transfer gate, build plats in deep spaces; then log off 2 mins, get bomber and return the same routine; the log off 2 mins and repeats transport 3 times. Too much time. Even without resistance during capturing, I don't think player has such patience and luck.

The problem with the old map, current map, and beta map is that it does not support quick invasion from another sector. Players, regardless of faction, must always reach a certain gate to transfer to another sector. That's why mainly the faction who is controling the cluster where the tranfer gate locates, will dare to invade. Else, no.

That's why there is rarely invasion at Rogen, Procyon, Home server. Too inconvenient! I can understand why people only gather in Sagi. I myself spend around 1 hour to capture a planet in Rogen alone with a SY exists. Without existent SY, I didn't know how long it would have taken me to capture the first planet in a sector.

So please, have each faction a launching gate in one cluster per sector. This way, we can get rid of transfer gate, and farewell transfer gate camping and hello multiple choice of invasion place.

we had this once before.. it was awful. if you were defending you had waves, and waves of ships comming at ya. back then when this was in the game, ship losses were nothing so people were able to throw ships right back at you, giving you very little time to repair.

Email Borgie
Fatal Perihelion
Chief Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2013-06-25 07:50   
First of all im very happy and excited that we get a new map.

Not wanna go off topic but i think that its good how it is now regarding spawn gates. It should not be too easy to invade enemy home systems, it should require teamwork to do such a "long travel invasion campaign".

What bothers me more is that AI will always stay hostile, no matter how much planets you capture (except Trade transport AI).
So the planets will be recaptured very fast as long as it is not a constant huge invasion like we had with the Kluth vs Ugto-almost-genocide half a year ago.

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2013-06-25 07:58   
Spawn gates are only there to facilitate spawning when all other avenues have been removed. There will be no other spawn gates, no moving of spawn gates, no removal of spawn gates. Please don't comment further on them.

Chewy Squirrel
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-06-26 03:50   
Quote:
On 2013-06-24 22:13, Pantheon wrote:
Quote:

In that case splitting up the central conflict systems onto seperate servers might not be such a great idea. Unless the splitting was just a beta thing?

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2013-06-26 07:26   
Quote:
On 2013-06-26 03:50, Chewy Squirrel wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-06-24 22:13, Pantheon wrote:
Quote:

In that case splitting up the central conflict systems onto seperate servers might not be such a great idea. Unless the splitting was just a beta thing?

You will be able to see objects around selected objects in another server. The server will remain as split as it is.

Ray[OU]
Marshal

From: Some where in deep space, From another galaxy. [Origin Unknown]
Posted: 2013-06-26 08:38   
I dunno the map make's me confused...Which gate am i supposed to jump over for da big battle's? No entiendo. Why is there a rank restricted server in the middle? Cant we move it to the side or something...Iv always fancyed MI and Pirate systems to be off to the side and out of the way. But it's your call bro.

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2013-06-26 08:59   
Quote:
On 2013-06-26 08:38, Ray[OU] wrote:
I dunno the map make's me confused...Which gate am i supposed to jump over for da big battle's? No entiendo. Why is there a rank restricted server in the middle? Cant we move it to the side or something...Iv always fancyed MI and Pirate systems to be off to the side and out of the way. But it's your call bro.

No idea what you're on about. No central systems are rank restricted.

Sheraton*XO*
Chief Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2013-06-26 10:19   
I believe he refers to epsilon indarus which is an MI system right now.

-Sheraton

Twilit Keel Mountains traversed at last we met a dragon who spoke thus: \"Sheraton am I who interprets the signs.\"

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2013-06-26 10:49   
Quote:
On 2013-06-26 10:19, Sheraton *XO* wrote:
epsilon indarus

thats not a thing, and even it was,
Quote:
which is an MI system right now.

it wont be come release time

[ This Message was edited by: Doran on 2013-06-26 10:50 ]

Sheraton*XO*
Chief Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2013-06-26 11:34   
so terribly sorry I meant Epsilon Ind.

-Sheraton

Twilit Keel Mountains traversed at last we met a dragon who spoke thus: \"Sheraton am I who interprets the signs.\"

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2013-06-26 19:24   
We'll be rotating the servers every few days. Unfortunately VM4 isn't powerful enough to handle all of the servers running when built up (it's only a dual core machine, whereas VM3 is an octo core machine).

Except regular wiping of planets, we'll occasionally run them all, but not for long periods of times. I understand this isn't perfect, but this is the reality of running a game with as much simulation as DarkSpace when trying to beta test things (my own local machine buckles when I try to load the entire MV on one process).

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2013-06-27 01:12   
Quote:
On 2013-06-26 08:59, Pantheon wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-06-26 08:38, Ray[OU] wrote:
Why is there a rank restricted server in the middle? Cant we move it to the side or something...

No idea what you're on about. No central systems are rank restricted.

Ursa minor (Wolf359, Vanmaanen, Ross 248) is the only way to reach the UGTO homesystems from the rest of the MV.

either some other system should probably be picked for the newbie server, or swap ursa minor with some other server to act as the UGTO middle systems

p.s. - critium
[ This Message was edited by: Trader of Destiny on 2013-06-27 01:20 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.026465 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR