Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +1.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

16th - Eve_is_crap
14th - Durden

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Just a few questions..
 Author Just a few questions..
AdmiralChaos
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-06-27 01:48   
I've recently started playing again and just looking to get caught up. (I know I could most likely FIND all the answers i'm looking for, but I have so many its easier to just ask here)

Do defense and point defense bases no longer fire missiles? Or am I just not rendering them anymore? If they don't, what do they fire? (Because I don't seem to notice anything.)

Along with the last question, is PD only for bombs now? It seems inf go right through.. And is the minimum bombing and dropping range still in effect?

Can you still 'upgrade' structures on planets?

To capture a planet, all you need to do is be close to it now? What role does inf play now? Just slowling or speeding up the proccess? How does the prestige work now for just 'orbit' capping? Same as it used to be? Based on structures? Does everyone within' orbit get that amount or is it split between all who happen to be there when it caps?

How does alliegence take effect on planets? Just makes it more difficult to capture?

And I assumed all stations were nerfed due to overuse? (makes sense but kinda defeats the purpose of being high ranked)

Fleet forums, I assume the level two 'perks' won't really take effect until next patch? So the default would still be no forums until 10+ members? (I do see the fleet mail, poor Kaine will enjoy checking his email later lol)

If you could spare a moment to answer my questions, i'd be grateful. But please keep in mind, I only desire answers to how things are now, not how they will change in the next patch. Thank you. (That stuff is easy enough to find knowledge on, so far anyway.)
And bury you with honesty.

I'll make all your dreams come to life,
And slay them as quickly as they came.

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2013-06-27 04:25   
Quote:
On 2013-06-27 01:48, AdmiralChaos [Steady] wrote:
I've recently started playing again and just looking to get caught up. (I know I could most likely FIND all the answers i'm looking for, but I have so many its easier to just ask here)
OK, lets get started.

Do defense and point defense bases no longer fire missiles? Or am I just not rendering them anymore? If they don't, what do they fire? (Because I don't seem to notice anything.)

All planetary defence bases do not fire any weapons or lasers anymore. Instead, they have a certain damage which is automatically applied on enemy targets within a 750 GU range from the planet surface. This damage gets distributed across multiple enemy ships (1 ship receives 100% damage, 2 receive 90-95%, dreads receive more damage than scouts).

Along with the last question, is PD only for bombs now? It seems inf go right through.. And is the minimum bombing and dropping range still in effect?

Yes, PD only affects bombs now. Bomb damage is reduced by PD%.
Minimum bombing range is in effect (roughly 100-120 gu depending on the bomb itself).
There never was a minimum dropping range...

Yup. Select a structure, select an upgrade.
Worth mentioning, now only dedicated engineers can scrap structures on planets. Other ships need to orbit the planet to scrap anything.

To capture a planet, all you need to do is be close to it now? What role does inf play now? Just slowling or speeding up the process? How does the prestige work now for just 'orbit' capping? Same as it used to be? Based on structures? Does everyone within' orbit get that amount or is it split between all who happen to be there when it caps?

Yes, being within 600 gu of planet's center will make the control rise or drop in your favour (enemy planet's control drops, friendly's rises) over time. Infantry on the surface also make control rise/drop (10 inf ~ 1 ship).
Bombers have more effect on enemy planets, engineers on friendly.
Once the planet gets captured, players of it's new team get a cap point each and 5 prestige for it. Number of structures has no effect, empty planets are worth the same as intact deathstars.

How does alliegence take effect on planets? Just makes it more difficult to capture?
Per level of allegience,
-Max control value goes up by 10%.
-Damage dealt by each def structure goes up by 10%.
-Contribution of friendly infantry to control goes up by 10%.
-Resources mined by each mine goes up by 10%.

And I assumed all stations were nerfed due to overuse? (makes sense but kinda defeats the purpose of being high ranked)

Stations are different from before as they
-are slower.
-have no fighters.
-contribute as much as 0 to planet control.
-have self-repair AHR (called damage control) inplace of a repair drone.
-are more oriented towards a role (BS - close range combat, SS - repairs and long range missiles, CS - building and medium-long range fighters.

Fleet forums, I assume the level two 'perks' won't really take effect until next patch? So the default would still be no forums until 10+ members? (I do see the fleet mail, poor Kaine will enjoy checking his email later lol)

Don't know about that, but its a good measure to level up your fleet to level 2 in advance.
Also, you need 15 members to receive forums without level 2.

[ This Message was edited by: Trader of Destiny on 2013-06-27 10:37 ]

AdmiralChaos
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-06-27 05:08   
Thanks for all the answers, I appreciate it

Achilles Lord of the Myrmidon
Grand Admiral
The Myrmidon Legion

Posted: 2013-06-27 06:42   
As for the Stations. THey did get nerfed but are still incredible powerful and worth flying if you have access. THe only caveat is you better have other ships supporting you because your too slow to evade fire. 3 dreads can easily overpower a station. As it should be.

Signature size too large, please resize (600x200x100kb)

Email Achilles Lord of the Myrmidon   Goto the website of Achilles Lord of the Myrmidon
AdmiralChaos
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-06-27 07:29   
Well..I mostly miss having reloads on the combat stations.. Or the ability to refit between reload and build

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2013-06-27 09:44   
Quote:
On 2013-06-27 01:48, AdmiralChaos [Steady] wrote:

To capture a planet, all you need to do is be close to it now? What role does inf play now? Just slowling or speeding up the proccess? How does the prestige work now for just 'orbit' capping? Same as it used to be? Based on structures? Does everyone within' orbit get that amount or is it split between all who happen to be there when it caps?

If you could spare a moment to answer my questions, i'd be grateful. But please keep in mind, I only desire answers to how things are now, not how they will change in the next patch. Thank you. (That stuff is easy enough to find knowledge on, so far anyway.)

Planetary defenses were changed over from firing actual weapons to having an AOE damage field, it was a performance issue where the server was using too much resources to keep track of planets that were firing at AI passing by them. It's worth noting that the damage from the AOE field is NOT blocked other ships, so no more camping ontop of a Station to avoid damage from planetary defenses. There is also no more FF from planetary defenses as the field will only damage enemies. Planetary PD is vastly different now, it doesn't shoot down incoming bombs or pods but decreases damage by the listed amount, structures and troops on a planet with 30% PD will take 30% less damage. The reduction in damage based on number of enemy ships in range was removed, so it does full damage to all enemies.

Yes you can upgrade structures instead of scrapping and rebuilding, but be aware you will still lose build pres as if you had scrapped and then rebuilt.

Being within capture range when a planet caps will get you prestige, the amount is the same regardless of how many people are orbiting. You'll know you're in range because it will display a message on your screen notifying you of the control % of the planet.

All Stations got a new Damage Control gadget so SS/BS aren't totally without repair ability, it's like having an always on self targeting repair drone. Repair Stations only have 1 drone now, but have an AOE repair gadget that repairs/reloads all allies in range.

It's also worth noting that being in a group no longer shares stats between members, only raw prestige. Everything is converted to the "bonus prestige" stat so there is no longer any risk of having your actual stats screwed up by being in a group.

AdmiralChaos
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-06-27 13:55   
Ohhh, that absolutely makes groups a little bit more desirable..

*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2013-06-27 15:04   
Quote:
On 2013-06-27 13:55, AdmiralChaos [Steady] wrote:
Ohhh, that absolutely makes groups a little bit more desirable..

In a little more detail you only gain 10% of what ever that player gained. So he gained 10 press for killing a ship, you get 1 press as bonus press. And you no longer share the press loss

Email *FTL*Soulless
AdmiralChaos
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-06-27 15:41   
Ahh.. so basically no reason to not be in a group now

*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2013-06-27 19:05   
Quote:
On 2013-06-27 15:41, AdmiralChaos [Steady] wrote:
Ahh.. so basically no reason to not be in a group now

Correct. Its actully encouraged now...unless your at that point where it doesnt matter XD

Email *FTL*Soulless
AdmiralChaos
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-06-27 19:42   
Prestige not matter? In my darkspace? Never!

Sheraton*XO*
Chief Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2013-06-27 23:08   
See: *Flash*, Steveyk, Sheng, Etc.

-Sheraton

Twilit Keel Mountains traversed at last we met a dragon who spoke thus: \"Sheraton am I who interprets the signs.\"

AdmiralChaos
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-06-27 23:19   
Nowadays, those numbers dont seem so crazy.. I've been pulling 1-2k a day mostly just building.

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-06-27 23:40   
I'm really glad they redid grouping, it originally had a HUGE grief potential.

When I was a new player, a couple of stats sent me a group request (Of course I said yes!) and 10 seconds later they both self destructed on top of some attacking ships and I was demoted to negative midshipman, and wasn't able to rank beyond midshipman for 3 weeks. (I finally figured out that I could reset my account and went ahead and did so)
Another time someone scrapped an entire planet with several T3 structures with a newbie grouped with them.

I saw this happen to a few other players too, they got demoted to nothing, and pretty much rage-quit. Who wouldn't? You just had several days of prestige torn away from you by no fault of your own (New players had NO way of knowing this could happen)

You would get demoted to the minimum rank possible, and be STUCK there. Stuck using what few ships a midshipman has available.

On top of that, this had exploitation potential (Though I never saw this actually done); You could group with a couple of fresh accounts before you die to basically take the brunt of your prestige loss, and they could reset or just stick around as a penalty sponge.

So again, thank you so much for fixing this, whoever did the change...

[ This Message was edited by: Fluttershy on 2013-06-27 23:41 ]

AdmiralChaos
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-06-28 01:51   
I was always too greedy to share my earnings, only person I ever grouped with was Kaine.. and I always ended up not gaining anything due to his IMA CHARGE IN AND SELF DESTRUCT MY STATION NP. He is the reason for maybe half of my deaths.. ;p

Page created in 0.025804 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR