- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +1.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Bizaro
15th - *Flash*
9th - Uziel Lt. Seraph

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Bombing infantry not working
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Bombing infantry not working
[Revan]
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-06-28 10:28   
I've just spend 5 minutes spamming a group of infantry with bombs and they have yet to die, or even register damage. Is there a trick to bombing infantry off planets? or a special technique?

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2013-06-28 10:29   
Does the planet have a shield? Or are they all in one stack that's hovering off the planet's surface? Those are the most common issues with bombing inf.

[Revan]
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-06-28 10:42   
Quote:
On 2013-06-28 10:29, Talien wrote:
Does the planet have a shield? Or are they all in one stack that's hovering off the planet's surface? Those are the most common issues with bombing inf.

its the second one , they are stacked on top of each other i've tried bombing them and the planet tip their on but neither seems to work
[ This Message was edited by: GeneralRevan on 2013-06-28 10:42 ]

-xTc- ExisT
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2013-06-28 10:44   
Quote:
On 2013-06-28 10:42, GeneralRevan wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-06-28 10:29, Talien wrote:

its the second one , they are stacked on top of each other i've tried bombing them and the planet tip their on but neither seems to work
[ This Message was edited by: GeneralRevan on 2013-06-28 10:42 ]

This bug is annoying and quite common.
The best way to fix it is to drop one infantry unit on a square somewhere on the planet
As the enemy inf move to fight your inf, just pick your inf back up and the other inf shouldnt be floating anymore and you can resume bombing

Boerenkool
Marshal

Posted: 2013-06-28 15:54   
also, if its just a stack of 4 inf (not a large stack of more then 6 as they mean above), dont aim for the infantry but the diamond under it.

Aiming for the infantry from an angle makes the bomb pass the infantry diamond and planet diamond, it will hit the planet on an empty space of the surface.

[Revan]
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-06-28 16:25   
does anyone know if the bug will be fixed in 1.7?

Chewy Squirrel
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-06-28 20:37   
Quote:
On 2013-06-28 16:25, GeneralRevan wrote:
does anyone know if the bug will be fixed in 1.7?

Seeing as how this bug has been around since pretty much the beginning of Darkspace, I'm going to go with "no." Although it was a lot less noticable before bombs got nerfed and bomb splash damage got clamped.

*Flash*
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-06-29 00:49   
How about the new ppl that are coming to the game? How can they bomb planets or they should check the forrums about the bugs to understand? Imo infantery should be spread around the planet

Email *Flash*
Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2013-06-29 12:59   
Quote:
On 2013-06-29 00:49, *Flash* wrote:
How about the new ppl that are coming to the game? How can they bomb planets or they should check the forrums about the bugs to understand? Imo infantery should be spread around the planet

it does, for the most part. only time they stack is when there are enemy infantery are on the planet. and yes new players should check the forums, or *gasp* read a the wiki site.

Email Borgie
DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-06-30 13:26   
The problem is at the bomb, not the infantry. When you launch it at the diamond, it will hit the surface and explode. But if you select a floating infantry and launch, the bomb will flying around the target like missle without hitting it directly. I think when I manually detonate the bomb, it can kill infantry within its explosion. So what to do is how missle hit the target.

Talking about missle, planetary missle is kind of weak! With bomber fri, I can easily take out all infantry on the planet with mirv. I can't kill any infantry with 10 PSM. Personally, I would love if PSM get removed to avoid pleasure bombing; and all bombs have the speed of PSM.

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2013-07-01 17:08   
I fixed this in beta.

The interface displays infantry on the same hex location as stacked above one another, when in actual fact they are all located at the same position. When firing a weapon, the projectile would aim for the targetted location (as it's designed). Unfortunately, this caused the problem of projectiles circling floating infantry, and sometimes missing the mark.

I solved the issue by getting the base hex location of any infantry selected, so your bombs will now track down to the actual location of the infantry .
[ This Message was edited by: Pantheon on 2013-07-01 17:10 ]

[Revan]
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-07-01 17:12   
Quote:
On 2013-07-01 17:08, Pantheon wrote:
I fixed this in beta.

The interface displays infantry on the same hex location as stacked above one another, when in actual fact they are all located at the same position. When firing a weapon, the projectile would aim for the targetted location (as it's designed). Unfortunately, this caused the problem of projectiles circling floating infantry, and sometimes missing the mark.

I solved the issue by getting the base hex location of any infantry selected, so your bombs will now track down to the actual location of the infantry .

Yay! this will make bombing much more efficient and enjoyable.Thanks

Chewy Squirrel
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-07-01 18:32   
Quote:
I fixed this in beta.

Very nice! 1.7 is looking better and better

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-07-01 18:43   
Quote:
I solved the issue by getting the base hex location of any infantry selected, so your bombs will now track down to the actual location of the infantry.

If, I launch bomb at a random standing infantry, then it move. Will the bomb track and destroy that inf?

Btw, do you have any plan to change the way planetary shield function in 1.7?

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2013-07-01 19:08   
Quote:
On 2013-07-01 18:43, DiepLuc wrote:
Quote:
I solved the issue by getting the base hex location of any infantry selected, so your bombs will now track down to the actual location of the infantry.

If, I launch bomb at a random standing infantry, then it move. Will the bomb track and destroy that inf?

Btw, do you have any plan to change the way planetary shield function in 1.7?

No, it won't track that unit. Sorry, I really don't want to be polling the target over and over again and setting the target over and over again, 20 times a second.

It's not a target for 1.7.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.022361 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR