Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +18.5 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

16th - Eve_is_crap
14th - Durden

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Project Wonderful
 Author Project Wonderful
Cold Death
Admiral

Posted: 2013-07-01 13:50   
Hey guys, it's time for another one of these topics! Yep, that's right, every year we have this discussion of "Why there are so little players?!" And "How do we get more?!". However, this year, I come to you with a suggestion:

Project Wonderful

This is an advertising agency whose motto is "Advertising made awesome!". The way their system works is via auction. Once you set up an ad on your webpage, advertisers bid on it, and the highest bid wins for a certain amount of time until someone outbids him! This is great for the publisher and all, but I'm not here to suggest alternate funding for DarkSpace via ads. No, I suggest you guys at Palestar look into advertising with these guys, because from what I've seen, the cost of ad-space can be as low as $0.01 on forums that get roughly 150 visitors per day(Trust me, I'm part of such a forum with project wonderful on it).

The reason why I suggested this is because of the low-cost advertising. Look at it, just 1 cent for a relatively active forum! And if you want, some sites that get roughly 5k unique views per day have an ad-space cost of about $0.50 - $1.50. Consider this, and try to get more cannon fodder, *cough*, I mean new players into the game!

Edit: Also, they have this website category system that includes Gaming and Games, so you can advertise specifically on gaming sites if you wish to.
[ This Message was edited by: Cold Death *RO* on 2013-07-01 13:54 ]

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2013-07-01 16:05   
We don't have a budget for advertising (read that as zero).

Taelon
Marshal

Posted: 2013-07-01 18:29   
Someone make an ad to say we need an ad for advertising money!

Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-07-01 21:45   
Surely you could eek out a teeny budget that's basically spare change you found on the street. These guys look quite cheap.

AdmiralChaos
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-07-01 23:24   
This sounds like a great suggestion, I wonder if it would be possible to set up a donation for it? (after server costs and the such was met of course)
And bury you with honesty.

I'll make all your dreams come to life,
And slay them as quickly as they came.

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2013-07-02 01:10   
advertisement companies are evil

Hiigaran
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2013-07-02 01:30   
@Cold Death *RO*: make the ad on your costs but make a deal for monthly ingame credits with palestar

Cold Death
Admiral

Posted: 2013-07-02 05:02   
Quote:
On 2013-07-02 01:30, | Dark Vaygr | wrote:
@Cold Death *RO*: make the ad on your costs but make a deal for monthly ingame credits with palestar

I don't think that would ever happen for a couple of reasons. First of all, such a role would be completely useless, because even if Faustus and Pantheon agreed to it, I'd be spending money on ads I could be spending on credits. So, my role would be completely useless because if what you suggest happens, then the ad's worth in credits would simply be added to my account but I would have already given that amount of money for the ad. Second, I'm not in any position to become such a person. I have no formal connections with Palestar or Project Wonderful, this is just a suggestion I'm making to Palestar about Project Wonderful.

Also, there are many sites that have just launched their project wonderful ads and the ad cost on that is $0. You see, you don't bet on every single site at once, you bet on a single ad space on a single site. That's why it's so cheap.

Guyton (Angel of Death)
Marshal

Posted: 2013-07-02 05:40   
Has anyone ever noticed when emails stating the release of a new patch there are a sudden boom in players? The gamers are still here lurking in the shadows waiting for a more stable version they can enjoy. Also the game is free to play with volunteer developers. Advertisement requires money from their own pocket when really all they have to do is be patient when pushing development. Old games like Dark aSpace can usually count on their old vets to spread the word. You probably don't want to advertise something we all agree is not yet stable.
[ This Message was edited by: Guyton (Angel of Death) on 2013-07-02 05:41 ]

Botoru
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2013-07-02 07:03   
If you look at RSM members must have last logged on in 2012 and before

Cold Death
Admiral

Posted: 2013-07-02 08:59   
Quote:
On 2013-07-02 05:40, Guyton (Angel of Death) wrote:
Has anyone ever noticed when emails stating the release of a new patch there are a sudden boom in players? The gamers are still here lurking in the shadows waiting for a more stable version they can enjoy. Also the game is free to play with volunteer developers. Advertisement requires money from their own pocket when really all they have to do is be patient when pushing development. Old games like Dark aSpace can usually count on their old vets to spread the word. You probably don't want to advertise something we all agree is not yet stable.
[ This Message was edited by: Guyton (Angel of Death) on 2013-07-02 05:41 ]

Indeed, Out of all those 145,000 registered accounts, at least some of those have to be still active and at least as many remember DarkSpace. I suggest sending an email to everyone once 1.7 is released.

-xTc- ExisT
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2013-07-02 15:00   
When version 1.671 was released(the one with new layouts) they did email everyone and gave everyone a 5k credit coupon to redeem.
I remember a large amount of vets of whom I've never seen before logged in on patch day. I also remember logging into luyten and watching Dessie dogfights unfolding all over the system

There were alot of players at first, but after a few days it returned to the normal playerbase

Cold Death
Admiral

Posted: 2013-07-03 02:24   
So as I understand it, 2 of the major reasons that made old veterans leave the game were the ( then new ) Metaverse and some layout changes which were not as popular with players or made it seem like some ships were overpowered, or whatever. But as I see it, both of those have now been changed again in 1.7, so indeed sending an email over could spark some more interest.

Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-07-03 02:50   
I have a feeling it also was due to Cloaks being buffed significantly through mechanics changes.(no energy needed to run + no ping)

Page created in 0.019911 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR