Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » noooo not the strike
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author noooo not the strike
Mortimer Aeinhardt
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2013-07-05 17:38   
its my favorite ship, and i heard that soon enough its going to get nerfed.

taking away its ion cannons removes its purpose..replacing them with missiles is just rude.

its like....taking the scope off the sniper rifle because ''it makes you too good at this''

i thought the strike was the long range harassing machine :'(
thats how i used to play it...ahh the good times i had.

(other account , and no i don't want that account back)

Ray[OU]
Marshal

From: Some where in deep space, From another galaxy. [Origin Unknown]
Posted: 2013-07-05 17:45   
It's useless to protest and plead your case for your beloved ship. The Devolper's simply do not care, Believe me man i know from expereince it will be nerfed and there not a damn thing you can do about it. Im Sorry bro i feel your pain. Darkspace is setting up relief Meetings to help people who lose there favortie ship to The developer's wrath of NERFING things we love. Wensday's at 7pm central US

-Ray

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-07-05 18:21   
In 1.7, the Ion Cannons are basically a further condensed Gauss cannon.
Where a Heavy Gauss cannon is like two normal Gauss, an Ion Cannon is (correct me if im wrong) like 4 Heavy Gauss cannons.

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2013-07-05 18:51   
Quote:
On 2013-07-05 17:45, Ray[OU] wrote:
It's useless to protest and plead your case for your beloved ship. The Devolper's simply do not care, Believe me man i know from expereince it will be nerfed and there not a damn thing you can do about it. Im Sorry bro i feel your pain. Darkspace is setting up relief Meetings to help people who lose there favortie ship to The developer's wrath of NERFING things we love. Wensday's at 7pm central US

-Ray

What the sweet jesus are you on about? This reply contains so much misinformation and rubbish that I'm not even going to bother gracing it with a proper reply.
[ This Message was edited by: Pantheon on 2013-07-05 18:52 ]

UnknownWarrior
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2013-07-05 19:14   
Quote:
On 2013-07-05 18:51, Pantheon wrote:
Quote:

-Ray

What the sweet jesus are you on about? This reply contains so much misinformation and rubbish that I'm not even going to bother gracing it with a proper reply.

I had to LMFAO at Jacks response lol XD

Email UnknownWarrior
Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-07-05 19:40   
I suggest just bringing it up on chat and maybe talking to Walrus about it.
The Strike cruiser thing was brought up by me a while back, and I'm not sure what there was to be said on the matter.

It's a T3 Missile/Cannon/Laser layout, and basically has all ranges covered, at least in the front.

+SuperNova+
Marshal

Posted: 2013-07-05 19:55   
Muhehe one less sniper in Darkspace hooray!

Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-07-05 21:28   
Perhaps they can replace the Laser cruiser with an IC-based cruiser?

It seems a bit out of place in the *long ranged, tough* faction.

Ray[OU]
Marshal

From: Some where in deep space, From another galaxy. [Origin Unknown]
Posted: 2013-07-05 21:37   
Quote:
On 2013-07-05 18:51, Pantheon wrote:
Quote:

-Ray

It was joke or more Troll really Anyhow I apologise for any Inconvience i may have caused. and for my terrible spelling....you guys dont have spell check laying around do you? I was going to make a defence case but ill just leave it be.

Sheraton*XO*
Chief Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2013-07-05 21:40   
In response to Nova. We still possess our most efficient sniper...the border cruiser.

-Sheraton

Twilit Keel Mountains traversed at last we met a dragon who spoke thus: \"Sheraton am I who interprets the signs.\"

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-07-05 22:55   
Quote:
On 2013-07-05 21:28, iwancoppa wrote:
Perhaps they can replace the Laser cruiser with an IC-based cruiser?

It seems a bit out of place in the *long ranged, tough* faction.

As far as I know, every faction gets a laser ship for each hull (except for corvettes, only the kluth have one there)

In general, a T1 dedicated laser ship is the toughest ship in its class, designed to get in close and fight ships of the same type (lasers frigates to hit frigates, laser dreads to hit dreads)

A smaller ship can easily get out of range or into its much less powerful side-arcs, and non-existant aft arcs.

A larger ship simply has enough firepower to send them off if they close to laser range, though on the other hand, dedicated missile boats are still vulnerable, but that goes for just about anything smaller than them.

[ This Message was edited by: Fluttershy on 2013-07-05 22:56 ]

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2013-07-06 08:33   
Quote:
On 2013-07-05 17:38, Mortimer Aeinhardt wrote:
its like....taking the scope off the sniper rifle because ''it makes you too good at this''

would you like being harrassed by MI fleets sitting outside your shipyards, just waiting for you to spawn?

if something is too good without requiring a good effort from you (sitting at 1200 gu and shooting an assault dread doesnt count) then its too hard on the other guy(s) and the something gets altered to be competitive and in line with other ships.

also, using beams and missiles beats using core weapons. you need some playtime with the assault cruiser.

Sheraton*XO*
Chief Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2013-07-06 11:22   
Quote:
On 2013-07-06 08:33, Trader of Destiny wrote:
Quote:

would you like being harrassed by MI fleets sitting outside your shipyards, just waiting for you to spawn?

if something is too good without requiring a good effort from you (sitting at 1200 gu and shooting an assault dread doesnt count) then its too hard on the other guy(s) and the something gets altered to be competitive and in line with other ships.

also, using beams and missiles beats using core weapons. you need some playtime with the assault cruiser.

the Assault Cruiser uses beams, and torpedoes not beams and missiles.

just a slight correction.

-Sheraton

Twilit Keel Mountains traversed at last we met a dragon who spoke thus: \"Sheraton am I who interprets the signs.\"

Mortimer Aeinhardt
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2013-07-06 11:48   
Quote:
On 2013-07-06 08:33, Trader of Destiny wrote:
Quote:

woah who said anything about it being easy to maneuver?

its not that easy of a ship when your piloting it with no backup.
you can stillget jumped by anyone so..basically you still need a little skill.

in fact whether you realize it or not all ships need skill to pilot..well not all but certainly most.

like making due with what weapons you have, when to attack or where to attack from.

the strike has most of its weapons upfront, so you need to be directly facing the enemy, but not going too fast ( so you don't end up too close ) or too slow (so you can evade anything coming at you, even ships )

because what, the range for the ions is 1290 and the gauss 1410, you could still be showered by cannon fire or missiles.

so you still need that extra ''juice'' from the pilot

-xTc- ExisT
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2013-07-06 12:41   
My parasite will indeed miss the strike cruiser, it was it's favorite prey

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.023164 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR