No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Missiles are broken
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Missiles are broken
chuckdm
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2013-09-30 12:38   
I've noticed when shooting transports from an ICC Missile Frigate (Sparrows) that, even when the transports are sitting DEAD STILL in orbit, they do this same thing. Apparently "not moving" must be finding some sort of strange code loophole and read as "moving at infinite speed" or something. At least that's how it looks.

Tis alright with me for now though. In an ICC Stealth Corvette with SABOT Rockets I can kill anything destroyer-or-lower so I'm happy. Though 3 or 4 ranks from now (when I get in a dread finally) I can see this pissing me off a lot. Still needs to be fixed.

Also just wondering, why the heck do fighters and missiles use the same code anyway? I mean, logically, fighters SHOULD evade the target, and missiles should NOT evade the target. Just seems like these should have completely different code anyway. I agree, no code is going to work well for both. But the solution here isn't to write code that only works well for fighters. Just write two different sets of code. Only one set of code is going to run on either of them, so it shouldn't cost any more CPU to do this, right? If anything, giving missiles more dumb-esque, direct-ish tracting should lower CPU usage, right?

Also, SABOTs really are OP. I'm LOVING how OP they are, but they're still OP. The fact that the M-27A can mount freaking 5 of them with ECM just makes them that much more OP. I can literally remain negative sig WHILE FIRING THEM ALL! Four salvo's against an engi, transport, extractor, or anything else (small and) too slow and/or dumb to run away from orbit and I get a kill.

Sheraton*XO*
Chief Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2013-09-30 15:06   
Quote:
On 2013-09-30 12:38, chuckdm wrote:
I've noticed when shooting transports from an ICC Missile Frigate (Sparrows) that, even when the transports are sitting DEAD STILL in orbit, they do this same thing. Apparently "not moving" must be finding some sort of strange code loophole and read as "moving at infinite speed" or something. At least that's how it looks.

Tis alright with me for now though. In an ICC Stealth Corvette with SABOT Rockets I can kill anything destroyer-or-lower so I'm happy. Though 3 or 4 ranks from now (when I get in a dread finally) I can see this pissing me off a lot. Still needs to be fixed.

Also just wondering, why the heck do fighters and missiles use the same code anyway? I mean, logically, fighters SHOULD evade the target, and missiles should NOT evade the target. Just seems like these should have completely different code anyway. I agree, no code is going to work well for both. But the solution here isn't to write code that only works well for fighters. Just write two different sets of code. Only one set of code is going to run on either of them, so it shouldn't cost any more CPU to do this, right? If anything, giving missiles more dumb-esque, direct-ish tracting should lower CPU usage, right?

Also, SABOTs really are OP. I'm LOVING how OP they are, but they're still OP. The fact that the M-27A can mount freaking 5 of them with ECM just makes them that much more OP. I can literally remain negative sig WHILE FIRING THEM ALL! Four salvo's against an engi, transport, extractor, or anything else (small and) too slow and/or dumb to run away from orbit and I get a kill.

These are known issues. Also, the damage of torpedoes scales with the ship.

Additionally fighters DO evade the point defense beams by staying consistently outside their range.

-Sheraton

Twilit Keel Mountains traversed at last we met a dragon who spoke thus: \"Sheraton am I who interprets the signs.\"

chuckdm
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2013-10-01 22:20   
Well sorry for the necropost, but yanno, there are like 10 topics TOTAL with activity in the past 60 days in "English" and many of those are about Beta, which I'm not playing. In any case, if necro's are frowned upon here, I'll try to restrain myself.

That said, here's something to add: Do SABOTs really have damage falloff? I haven't noticed kills taking any fewer rockets or doing more damage at 700 range vs. 300 range. If they do have falloff, it must either apply very far out or very nearby. Or very little.

Sheraton*XO*
Chief Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2013-10-01 22:37   
Quote:
On 2013-10-01 22:20, chuckdm wrote:
Well sorry for the necropost, but yanno, there are like 10 topics TOTAL with activity in the past 60 days in "English" and many of those are about Beta, which I'm not playing. In any case, if necro's are frowned upon here, I'll try to restrain myself.

That said, here's something to add: Do SABOTs really have damage falloff? I haven't noticed kills taking any fewer rockets or doing more damage at 700 range vs. 300 range. If they do have falloff, it must either apply very far out or very nearby. Or very little.

No sabbots have no fallout.

-Sheraton

P.S. You really should play in beta also.

Twilit Keel Mountains traversed at last we met a dragon who spoke thus: \"Sheraton am I who interprets the signs.\"

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-10-04 07:40   
Latencey and/or lag causes stealth missles to be cloaked even with a +18 sig. Just had it happen today, and had it happen yesterday with a +15 sig. Too 'sploitable.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Point Of No Return
Chief Marshal
United Nations Space Command

Posted: 2013-10-04 09:17   
easy fix make all missles use the shroud values or codes since as stateed earlier they have a higher to hit rate than other ver missles

Sheraton*XO*
Chief Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2013-10-04 10:21   
out of sheer curiosity. Has anyone here actually gone into beta to try and see if any of the problems such as tracking have been fixed? I have and the missiles hit more consistently now.

-Sheraton

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.011868 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR