No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +2.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » Half damaged ships on spawning in beta.
 Author Half damaged ships on spawning in beta.
Sheraton*XO*
Chief Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2013-07-08 17:50   
Hello everyone. I was testing the torpedo dread with several other members of ICC and I noticed that when I spawned the ship it spawned half dead. This was at exathra. there were no obstructions, and another player also had their ship spawn half dead. no shields or armor but full hull as if something had been attacking it.

Has anyone else experienced this oddity?

-Sheraton

Twilit Keel Mountains traversed at last we met a dragon who spoke thus: \"Sheraton am I who interprets the signs.\"

Orkan [OO-XII]
Grand Admiral
The Myrmidon Legion

Posted: 2013-07-08 18:05   
Not yet, but hey, maybe it ran into some recently demoted ex-planet now planetoid like Pluto pre-spawn : P

( See 'Gu' thread - I can't believe you shot me down like that Sheraton, and on a live forum too, I thought you had my back man! You could of messaged me my error and I would've said celestial body instead! : P )

Peace.

Email Orkan [OO-XII]
Sheraton*XO*
Chief Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2013-07-08 19:55   
Oh come on orkan all in good fun. besides if I wanted to shoot at you I would do that with cruisers Sorry if I somehow hurt your feelings over the matter.

-Sheraton

Twilit Keel Mountains traversed at last we met a dragon who spoke thus: \"Sheraton am I who interprets the signs.\"

Orkan [OO-XII]
Grand Admiral
The Myrmidon Legion

Posted: 2013-07-08 20:47   
It's all good Sir, : )

I was just messin about, didn't really mean to hi-jack this thread! (nor was i seriously upset. See you laters in the MV!)

Email Orkan [OO-XII]
Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-07-08 23:17   
I've been noticing this when spawning ships that had recently undergone a layout change.

For example, every dread I deployed was starting with 24% armor across all arcs, full hull, and several weapons recharging.

I'm assuming the ships start with whatever they originally had before they were changed, this would also explain the bug where a ship can be spawned with many rings of red armor, because it has more hp than it should.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2013-07-09 03:58   
Yes, if you had ships in your garage they'll spawn with the same armor/shield HP they had the last time they were used. If armor/shield HP has been changed your ship will show damaged arcs or arcs with over 100% HP.

Jim Starluck
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2013-07-10 23:56   
Quote:
On 2013-07-09 03:58, Talien wrote:
Yes, if you had ships in your garage they'll spawn with the same armor/shield HP they had the last time they were used. If armor/shield HP has been changed your ship will show damaged arcs or arcs with over 100% HP.

Except there haven't been any changes to maximum ship hull, armor or shield HP for quite some time, and this is happening to newly-spawned ships. I've noticed it myself; it's quite perplexing.

Email Jim Starluck
Sheraton*XO*
Chief Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2013-07-10 23:58   
Is it possible that somehow the spawning process is acting like a planet collision? are we crashing into the planets somehow and surviving somehow or is it something else?

-Sheraton

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2013-07-12 09:45   
Quote:
On 2013-07-10 23:56, Jim Starluck wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-07-09 03:58, Talien wrote:

Except there haven't been any changes to maximum ship hull, armor or shield HP for quite some time, and this is happening to newly-spawned ships. I've noticed it myself; it's quite perplexing.

Fixing the Mirror Server, which we've had issues with in beta, would mean data discrepancies which could account for the issues people are seeing now.

Page created in 0.022625 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR