Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +1.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

16th - Eve_is_crap
14th - Durden

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » ICC laser problem
 Author ICC laser problem
Sheraton*XO*
Chief Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2013-07-14 07:44   
In Beta on the ICC assault dread if I fire all of the lasers at once the energy almost instantly drains to 180-160 from 400. This does not occur when I fire the lasers sequentially so that not all of them are shooting at once and it does not occur if I omit the lasers from my firing rotation. Is this a known glitch of some kind or are the lasers on ICC supposed to take up that much energy when they are all fired at once?

-Sheraton

Twilit Keel Mountains traversed at last we met a dragon who spoke thus: \"Sheraton am I who interprets the signs.\"

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2013-07-14 09:05   
its the same with luth disruptors too, people are gonna have to learn to fire beams in groups insted of all at once like before.

Email Borgie
Sheraton*XO*
Chief Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2013-07-14 09:15   
I do not mean that they are using up a lot of energy because they are coded that way. I mean that the energy drain that the lasers are taking are not matching up to what is displayed on the tooltips.

-Sheraton

Twilit Keel Mountains traversed at last we met a dragon who spoke thus: \"Sheraton am I who interprets the signs.\"

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2013-07-14 09:57   
This could be due to our mirror server problems currently (not keeping beta synced properly). I'll double check with Faustus, as all energy simulation is currently out of wack...
[ This Message was edited by: Pantheon on 2013-07-14 10:17 ]

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-07-14 13:27   
Yeah this is very likely the sync issue, I've been having it with several ships.

Any idea why energy simulation is so buggy at the moment?
When you first fire, you begin to drain gradually, but then suddenly 50% or more of your energy just vanishes.

I have a similar issue in release. When I fly the Picket Destroyer, the server is constantly kicking the energy back as it recharges, so it takes 3 times longer than it should to fully recharge.

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-07-14 16:44   
Even without sync problem, beam in beta is already noticeable for its excessive energy hunger.

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2013-07-14 20:00   
Quote:
On 2013-07-14 13:27, Fluttershy wrote:
Yeah this is very likely the sync issue, I've been having it with several ships.

Any idea why energy simulation is so buggy at the moment?
When you first fire, you begin to drain gradually, but then suddenly 50% or more of your energy just vanishes.

I have a similar issue in release. When I fly the Picket Destroyer, the server is constantly kicking the energy back as it recharges, so it takes 3 times longer than it should to fully recharge.

The Mirror Server keeps the beta server and clients in sync with updates, and Faustus believes it's not doing that correctly, meaning everyone could have different file versions.

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-07-14 20:19   
Quote:
On 2013-07-14 20:00, Pantheon wrote:
The Mirror Server keeps the beta server and clients in sync with updates, and Faustus believes it's not doing that correctly, meaning everyone could have different file versions.

Would this also explain the issue with missile and fighter launch failures?

Try firing missiles as soon as you can after they recharge. No missile will launch, yet the cooldown begins, and from the looks of it, the energy drains too.
Also, missiles stopped working entirely when I got through about 50% of my ammo.

I had a similar issue with fighters. Using a scout cruiser, I could only launch 2 wings of interceptors (normally 3), and the next launches all resulted in a cool down, but nothing actually being fired.

Any way of doing a checksum to see that everything is synced properly?

Page created in 0.019439 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR