No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.8 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Superweapons
 Author Superweapons
_Sajuuk_
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-08-07 03:03   
as most of you know. the AI factions Superweapons (as in MI death beam and the pirate... eh idk what its called but its a annoyance.)

but it may come at some point that where the UGTO , ICC and Kluth would like to get their hands on their own "Superweapons". so i will make a few suggested ideas for Superweapons for the playable factions.

(would make most sense if said weapons were mounted on Dreads and Stations or had to be the only weapons that are rank locked. meaning that only the players with CM rank and Marshal could use them)

UGTO : Proton Cannon

due to UGTO love affair with any kind of Energy projectile and cannons it seems fitting for that they would have a cannon. this weapons differs from the Particle cannon is that it fires a much higher dmg projectile then the Particle cannon.

ICC : Singularity Missile

due to the ICC being the "Range" faction it seems fitting for them to get a Missile as their Superweapon. as by the name states. this weapon creates a Singularity when it impacts and produces basicly a tiny Black Hole and the gravity of a small black hole would tear apart the armor and Hull of any ship unlucky enough to be hit by it.

Kluth : Rift Beam

kluth love Beams. we all know that. but it seems appropriate that their Superweapon was a Beam. this weapon gets its name from the effect it has on the target. the beam causes a Rift in space that basicly TEARS APPART the enemy ship

(it would be nice if at some point that these said weapons were fired from turrets mounted on the ship or station. and could possibly require their own ship hulls to keep the idea of big ships with terrfiying power)
[ This Message was edited by: -Orion- on 2013-08-07 03:06 ]

Chewy Squirrel
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-08-07 05:26   
Core weapons are meant to be the faction super weapons.

And yeah, let's give ICC the only weapon that can be PD'd =/

| Dark Hiigaran |
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-08-07 05:43   
insane amount of hp on the missiels?

Email | Dark Hiigaran |
Kesari
Vice Admiral
My Little Pony

Posted: 2013-08-07 06:10   
Super weapons tend to be a very very bad thing, and the only reason the AI-only factions have them is because ... there is no good reason for it, they're bloody annoying.

The singularity lance and the pirate dark matter cannon have all the indicators of a terribly designed super weapon:
- Cannot be avoided
- Cannot be anticipated
- Cannot be countered in any way

Limited to planets or not, it's still a "gimme planet nao thx" button, and a "oops i didn't see you there" insta-station-kill button if you happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

If you're gonna give AI a planet nuking super weapon, make it something that can be shot down with weapons fire.
[ This Message was edited by: Kesari on 2013-08-07 06:12 ]

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2013-08-07 06:41   
why would the factions like to get their hands on superweapons?

they are content with doing things the hard way.

if you meant weapons with cool animations, special effects, things to make you feel excited instead of "oh, incoming killer super duper unavoidable weapon, guess ill just launch another ship once it hits me after 30 seconds", i agree with you

its not about doing 100x more damage than a Node, its about doing 1% of it in style.

[ This Message was edited by: Trader of Destiny on 2013-08-07 06:53 ]

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2013-08-07 07:48   
Quote:
On 2013-08-07 06:10, Kesari wrote:
... the pirate dark matter cannon have all the indicators of a terribly designed super weapon:

Yo Kesari i'm really happy for you, imma let you finish but Pirates had one of the best anti-station weapons of all time

Quote:

- Cannot be avoided

It's a giant glowing blue ball clearly labeled "Dark Matter Round" or such that is the slowest traveling non-mine projectile in the game. Or it should be

Quote:

- Cannot be anticipated

It's fore mounted on a station (wait, er, it might be on the rogen's flagship for testing or something) that has a MO of sitting far away and pelting you with missiles and wibble. Theirs also a giant pulse effect from the barrel when it fires

Quote:

- Cannot be countered in any way

DODDDDGGGGGEEEEEEEEE

But yeah singularity lance kinda silly imo too

Guyton (Angel of Death)
Marshal

Posted: 2013-08-07 10:37   
Core weapons were super weapons at one point in time. One QST would be enough to destroy anything less than a destroyer in one shot. Imagine how much damage the Battle Station did on it's own. There was really now way to avoid friendly fire or much to escape while on the receiving end. Unless there were something unique just for stations a very slow moving vessel. Then I don't really see super weapons making their return.

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2013-08-07 10:39   
No super weapons.

Page created in 0.022005 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR