No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Broken AI
 Author Broken AI
Wessssss
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-09-20 15:15   
I've noticed this a lot in game, made a video about it a few days ago. But now today it's just on my nerves

The K'luth have an undeniable AI advantage when it comes to combat. Their dreads always outnumber any other factions at like 4 to 1. if even any other faction has a dread.

I've seen K'luth player frigates use this to trigger an attack on a planet.
Call AI, get a swarm, jump in, let the dreads take the heat, and just cruz around to chase after the defending player tries to jump.

Today I was in a CC building a planet. when suddenly 2 K'luth Dreads 2 stingers 2 crusers, and one player frig all jump on me. The dreads and player just followed me around my escape jump. then when i went to a built friendly planet to heal, which i was jumped again by the two dreads and the player eventually I jumped lightyears away and logged.

It's flat out unfair. I've never seen a fight that was even let alone the ICC or UGTO have a dread (not including players) advantage against the K'luth.

Here's a vid showing the imbalance but not what I encountered today
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySDQ75dgLXY

Chewy Squirrel
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-09-20 15:37   
Also the fact that UGTO and Luth elite dreads seem to respawn almost instantaneously after you kill them is infuriating. Plus they both have fighters that will live after they die, constantly trigerring your out of combat timer.

I am also still bitter that the ICC get a minelayer elite, and no dread. The ICC combat dread ai is rare to be seen as well.
[ This Message was edited by: Chewy Squirrel on 2013-09-20 15:37 ]

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-09-20 15:43   
Quote:
In 1.7:
K'Luth Changes
- Antimatter Jumpdrives now have cooldown equal to that of Tachyon drives, 50% greater energy use than Tachyon drives, and 50% greater jump velocity (3600 gu/sec vs 2400, up from 3000 gu/sec in release).

This solves the issue.

K'Luth has a better AI swamp, I think. They have 1 elite dread. UGTO has 1 elite dread but it has bomber fighter and it usually heads to bomb planet. ICC has 1 AI normal dread. K'luth also has 1 elite cruiser, both UGTO and ICC has 1 elite destroyer.

I personally think that AI should not be able to send distress. As in release, one AI calls and other AI response, and they respectively send continous distress, leaving the player alone. Along with flooding the screen with yellow line, they don't or slowly answer to player's call. It indeed disturbs every gamer.

AI combat ought to be silent and listen to planet or player.

Critus
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-09-20 15:43   
I agree, this game was become, "ai spam to win", its pointless and really gets on my nerves... Admins, make the ai back off, they should only be allow in there faction control systems, except the supply ships for obvious reasons. Many people log off with rage cuz of this, iam one of them...

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2013-09-20 15:51   
It has been addressed in beta.

Page created in 0.019833 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR