No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +18.7 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » allys
 Author allys
mousey
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-10-03 08:43   
Allys bought should be able to be kept back into garage during their life span. Having allys following u here n there when there is nothing to do creates more of a nuisance than help, n alas, they usually loves to knock their heads against planets. Spending credits to have some fun is ok, but if it's make u feel stupid, it's another.
Enhancement on your own ship should be transferrable to another of your own ship without cost, after all it's has a life-span also. This will allow more players to spawn other type of ships which will create more play, instead of self limiting them to the ships they have modded. More plays equal ???, which should be good.

how u ppl feel about it? tks.

Sheraton*XO*
Chief Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2013-10-03 10:43   
It doesn't sound like a bad idea. However, what if your garage is full of enh or res?

-Sheraton

Twilit Keel Mountains traversed at last we met a dragon who spoke thus: \"Sheraton am I who interprets the signs.\"

Ray[OU]
Marshal

From: Some where in deep space, From another galaxy. [Origin Unknown]
Posted: 2013-10-03 11:00   
Does not understand......

Hakketak
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2013-10-03 15:59   
1) being able to recall allies as enhancements to your garage: i can see the sense of this idea, if they didnt die why should they be gone when u log? a counterargument would be that allies are hired for a limited time, they are like mercenaries. If you log out, why would the mercs stick around? they all need to go to shipyard automatically when you log? waiting possible a week to be recalled? also if someone buys 20 ally dreads, chances are most survive. if that players only has to rebuy a few t keep this going, seems a bit OP and also annoying for the rest of MV. the next downside you mentioned, ai flying into planet, would balance this issue. there is a random chance over time the ally flies into planet and dies, thus ending the contract. lets say that random time averages around 1,5 hour, means contract time for hired allies is about 1,5 hour. ai crashing into planet by actions of other ships is still more of a general thing and is rlly hard to solve, ai tend to track a target....

2) can remove enhancement free so you can put it on other ships: it would be easier yes, ive deleted many ships with enhancements i kinda wanna use again but didnt have enough creds to remove. i can see how this would make a player happy. but it would be kind of unlogical. you fit a certain enhancement with the thought that its a ship systems/hardware upgrade, that has to be connected to current weaponry. currently enhancements still fit all races, so once you fit an enhancement to a ship that enhancement wetn trough a lot of adaptation and input/output converting. would make logic sense that removing an enhancement safely would require effort, thus costs.
[ This Message was edited by: Billy the Leprechaun on 2013-10-03 16:02 ]

Page created in 0.011790 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR