No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +20.3 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Faction Planets (or something along those lines)
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Faction Planets (or something along those lines)
Achilles Lord of the Myrmidon
Grand Admiral
The Myrmidon Legion

Posted: 2013-10-03 16:01   
Ok I really don't do these things much unless I feel strongly about it. this is one of those times. For some time not ICC have had a distinct advantage when it comes to the fortifcation of their planetry shields. this has afforded them a great advantage in terms of safety against the other factions, because in order for an opposing faction to bomb their planets they must overcome the shield to even begin to shutdown the planetary defense. Thats all fine, I personally do not have a problem with the ICC having that advatage it is completely in line with their faction's traits. However, the other two factions are lacking when it comes to planetary defense. This in turn causes what we are seeing in the current release in the MV, a essentially two sided attack strategy with none of the three factions attacking ICC. I'm not talking about taking away ICC's planetary shield, but more so give something to the other factions to maybe give htier planets an edge like ICC's. In truth anything will really work, perhaps something that plays to the factions strengths. Again this is really just my thought, it could be backwards all together.

Signature size too large, please resize (600x200x100kb)

Email Achilles Lord of the Myrmidon   Goto the website of Achilles Lord of the Myrmidon
Hakketak
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2013-10-03 16:09   
the ugto superdepot and luth cloaking field have already been discussed. think it will outbalance things in a new way. icc suppose to have it easy in the capping, more troublesome in combat. they have the siege dread and planet shields. ICC have more purpose built ships, ugto are allrounders. luth are fast hit and runs with a slow approach. yes icc can cap planets faster, but since most ships serve only 1 purpose they can be more easily hit on their weak spots. every side has its ups and downs. i dont think we need cloak field or superdepot

Sheraton*XO*
Chief Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2013-10-03 22:08   
Quote:
On 2013-10-03 16:09, Billy the Leprechaun wrote:
the ugto superdepot and luth cloaking field have already been discussed. think it will outbalance things in a new way. icc suppose to have it easy in the capping, more troublesome in combat. they have the siege dread and planet shields. ICC have more purpose built ships, ugto are allrounders. luth are fast hit and runs with a slow approach. yes icc can cap planets faster, but since most ships serve only 1 purpose they can be more easily hit on their weak spots. every side has its ups and downs. i dont think we need cloak field or superdepot

I point out once more that the UGTO and K'luth have bomber dreads now. Rendering that point moot. I do find it distressing that the other sides don't necessarily have some type of planetary advantage, but I hope, at some point in the future, the planets will be moved to be more dynamic in a way that negates the inherent usefulness of something like a shield and moves the game toward a more involved approach to planet capturing or defending. We have been told that the planet redesigning was and has been in the works for some time since the alteration of planetary defenses to reduce the server load. I eagerly await the time when the other changes will be implemented.

-Sheraton

Twilit Keel Mountains traversed at last we met a dragon who spoke thus: \"Sheraton am I who interprets the signs.\"

Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-10-03 22:24   
capture planet with shield
???
profit

Sheraton*XO*
Chief Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2013-10-03 22:29   
Quote:
On 2013-10-03 22:24, iwancoppa wrote:
capture planet with shield
???
profit

Could you reword? I am not sure I understand your point.

-Sheraton

Twilit Keel Mountains traversed at last we met a dragon who spoke thus: \"Sheraton am I who interprets the signs.\"

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2013-10-03 23:27   
Bug or Thug caps ICC planet with shield, they get a shielded planet.

Chewy Squirrel
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-10-04 00:39   
A UGTO super depot I cannot agree with. Far too many balance issues with that. Slightly stronger defence bases for the UGTO I am ok with however.

That is, after all, the way it used to be way back when. UGTO defence bases used to fire 2 IT missiles each while ICC bases fired 1 IT missile. To make up for it the ICC were able to build unlimited shield generators on a planet.

Altodar
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2013-10-04 05:13   
Perhaps scrapping shields and giving all factions a unique aura structure would help.
They could behave similarly to command auras, if that's possible.
They could be restricted to one per planet to prevent stacking.

I'm not one to say what those auras should be, but it would make sense if they compliment the qualities of the faction, or covers for their weaknesses, such as K'Luth getting an aura which increases the power output of engines and generators, ICC getting an aura which enhances speed/acceleration, and UGTO getting an aura which improves turn rate.

I'm not sure if giving defenders a further advantage is a good thing.
If anything, there should be reasons to even bother taking a planet, because there really is no prestige to be gained from it except through the battle that it may spark.

[ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Marshal

Posted: 2013-10-04 05:37   
Just 2 ideas off the top of my head

Luth Cloaking base cloaks all stuctures within 1 space of it in all directions.

Lure: After analysing the ICC planetary shield structures from captured planets the K'luth have began to addapt the shield projection technology by interfacing it with there cloaking generator used on Capital Class Dreadnaughts they have manged to Sustain a "Cloaking Feild" for prolonged periods of time while the Structure its self remains visable due to a new and unique for of radiation caused by intermixing the two technologies the structures in close proximity are rendered completely invisiable, the K'luth high council has high hopes for this technology and has dedicated a significant portion of the science vesseles into futher research.

Ugto: Atmospheric Ablitive Shard Generator fires fine particles of ablitive armour dust into the planets atmoshpere to absorb atomoshepic detinations increasing damage reduction or hp of planetary structures

Lure: In the aftermath of a recent battle vs the ICC a long range reconassance vessel decteded unusual readings when scouting a formally ugto controlled planet from the sensor data gathered a using the latestet reconstruction data its belived a UGTO Command Dreadnaught detonated withing the upper atmosphere of the planet the ship was Equied with a full Abaltive Armouring's and the detination caused fine ablitive powder to be deposited into the atmospherw. When they analysed the blast damage of the ensuing ICC orbital bomb bardment the blast damage did not corralte with the suspected yeild. Interecpeted ICC communications also made note of the sigificant decrease in bomb damage.

just 2 ideas off the top of my head xD

Email [ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-10-04 06:32   
If the cloak building itself wasn't cloaked, that could be interesting.

*now where are those generators*

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2013-10-04 07:35   
Quote:
On 2013-10-04 05:13, Altodar wrote:
Perhaps scrapping shields and giving all factions a unique aura structure would help.

brb stealing your ideas
[ This Message was edited by: Colour Sergeant Fattierob (C/Sgt) on 2013-10-04 07:36 ]

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-10-04 10:28   
Quote:
On 2013-10-04 07:35, Colour Sergeant Fattierob (C/Sgt) wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-10-04 05:13, Altodar wrote:

brb stealing your ideas

Totally agree.
That would make planet more worthy to capture.

chuckdm
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2013-10-07 10:29   
As someone who is mostly playing only ICC (sometimes UGTO on Scenario) I still agree - other factions should have their own equivalent building. Even if just so I can cap it from them

K'Luth stealth field seems fine as many have described it, have no problem with that as long as it takes more salvos of bombs to destroy the cloak gen building. (Should require an entire dead or else multiple smaller ships - just like ICC shield gen does.)

However instead of an armor disperser thingy or upgraded defense bases, I have an alternative idea for UGTO - an automated mine launcher.

Basically, every 4 or 6 minutes it'll launch a small group of mines into orbit around 700gu from the planet. After about 2 hours, it should be enough to completely encircle the planet. It won't outright prevent bombing the planet, but without siege missiles, ships trying to bomb it will take heavy damage.

Seems more in line with UGTO strategy. As Bagger Vance said, "Just bash the living s#!t out of it!" (He was referring to hitting a golf ball with a 1 Iron. Good advice there.)

P.S. Can a mod tell me if cursing is allowed on these forums?

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2013-10-07 11:39   
Scrapping the shield gen and adding Planet auras should be fine as long as UGTO doesn't get a repair aura, we had enough issues with stupid high repair rates during the depot spam era.

Quote:
On 2013-10-07 10:29, chuckdm wrote:
P.S. Can a mod tell me if cursing is allowed on these forums?

It's not, it isn't allowed in the GCQL lobby or in game either.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-10-07 12:46   
I personally favor giving every faction Planetary shields, and make them particularly resistant to the MI death beam.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.024057 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR