Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » General Suggestions Thread
 Author General Suggestions Thread
Cold Death
Admiral

Posted: 2013-10-31 13:56   
We need a thread where people can post all their suggestions, instead of having them write up an individual thread every single time they had an insane idea. Oh look, here's one such thread now!

Indeed, put those suggestions down below and wait gracefully for them to be rejected! And if you're lucky enough, they might even be put 'under consideration'. Seriously though, let's try minimizing the spam on the forums by using this thread instead, shall we?

AdmiralChaos
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-10-31 14:29   
4 threads over a week is spam?
And bury you with honesty.

I'll make all your dreams come to life,
And slay them as quickly as they came.

Cold Death
Admiral

Posted: 2013-10-31 14:46   
On any other forum I know of, no, 4 threads within the span of 4 days wouldn't really be spam. But if you look to the side on the "Latest Topics"( Which is where pretty much 90% of everyone does their forum browsing ), you'd see it fills up a considerable amount of the list.

Scorched Soul[+R]
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2013-10-31 15:19   
It's really that difficult to go through the forums section of the website? Chances are most of them will die within 3 or 4 days. By making this thread, which I expect to be as productive/ lengthy as 90% of the threads I start, you are just adding to the clutter.

I suggest making the header of the Latest Topics list into a hyperlink that gives you a longer list so people can continue to avoid searching through the forums section.

[ This Message was edited by: Scorched Soul[+R] on 2013-10-31 15:24 ]

Email Scorched Soul[+R]
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-10-31 15:25   
wasnt there a handy dandy suggestions system set up for voting?

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Null Pointer
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2013-10-31 16:02   
Quote:
On 2013-10-31 15:25, Azreal wrote:
wasnt there a handy dandy suggestions system set up for voting?

There was. But if my memory serves correctly, it was removed due to a script error thing always appearing.

Incinarator
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-10-31 22:10   
I have a suggestion born from the loss of planet based PD.

Since its not reasonable to go back to the system where each planet actually has it's own PD beams and tries to shoot down the bombs, I propose an idea which should have a very similar effect without as much server load (although I may be wrong there, I don't know how the code works).

The idea is to have PD bases create a shield on the planet that can stop a set number of bombes per base per a period of time. For example, lets say that for each T1 PD base you build the max HP of the shield is increased enough to stop one bomb, and that the shield completely regenerates to its maximum value every ten seconds. If there were five T1 PD bases on a planet, the planet could stop five bombs every ten seconds. The effect is very similar to the old planetary PD system. It wouldn't replace the old system, but it'd come closer than the current damage reduction system.

Just food for thought.

Scorched Soul[+R]
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2013-11-02 13:26   
Quote:
On 2013-10-31 22:10, Fatal Incinarator |SoT| wrote:
I have a suggestion born from the loss of planet based PD.

Since its not reasonable to go back to the system where each planet actually has it's own PD beams and tries to shoot down the bombs, I propose an idea which should have a very similar effect without as much server load (although I may be wrong there, I don't know how the code works).

The idea is to have PD bases create a shield on the planet that can stop a set number of bombes per base per a period of time. For example, lets say that for each T1 PD base you build the max HP of the shield is increased enough to stop one bomb, and that the shield completely regenerates to its maximum value every ten seconds. If there were five T1 PD bases on a planet, the planet could stop five bombs every ten seconds. The effect is very similar to the old planetary PD system. It wouldn't replace the old system, but it'd come closer than the current damage reduction system.

Just food for thought.

I actually really loved the old planet PD system in comparison to the new one which I honestly don't even notice when I bomb, which is why I think this is an awesome idea.

Email Scorched Soul[+R]
Page created in 0.015098 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR