Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » [Suggestion/Future Plan]Pirates/MI
 Author [Suggestion/Future Plan]Pirates/MI
Commando950
Fleet Admiral
The Intergalactic Border Patrol

Posted: 2013-11-01 07:22   
The new releases are very nice on Dark Space. I think this game really has went very far the short time I've been here...(A year)

I'm here to suggest that MI/Pirates not just sit in their respected home systems. MI can at least handle defending their home turf though, however pirates just got DOMINATED by ICC in their home. I think both factions are pointless sitting there.

I know in development log it talked something about events. If I'm saying something already planned please ignore this post.

Pirates/MI could possibly invade systems that are not owned by them and start capturing/fighting. This could be easily tuned by setting a system that detects how many players there are, but it could still happen if their not there...Just more rarely. It would make factions deal with more than just each other and lead to a much more interesting type of threat. Pirates could also be ship-jackers as usual and make Infantry a must have for fighting.

Even more so there could be large Civilian Cargo Freighters/Traffic that take large amounts of resources to valuable planets that get raided by pirates frequently.
^This above is not really too important, but again.. I'd suggest the MI/Pirate.^

Thank you for taking the time for reading this post. Good work devs!

Sending Forum Posts at school!(WOOT! WOOT!)
[ This Message was edited by: Commando950 on 2013-11-01 07:23 ]

AdmiralChaos
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-11-01 08:22   
I like it.. as long as whatever MI come, they don't bring there insta wipe yout planet beams with them.

They can.. and usually do, come in vast numbers.. can't they just be coded to *(If no enemies; orbit planet) and use they're numbers to capture that way? At least you would have hope to defend planets.

It would also help with kluth taking and attempting to hold planets near the home systems. (Or anyone wanting to pick on MI.)
And bury you with honesty.

I'll make all your dreams come to life,
And slay them as quickly as they came.

Scorched Soul[+R]
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2013-11-01 15:38   
My guess is that events like this are already in planning but will some with an anouncement and some time to prepare so that home systems dont just get routed without any warning.

I like the idea except for the fact that MI controlled systems are completely surrounded by K'Luth controled systems, and I kinda like having SY planets to spawn from.

Email Scorched Soul[+R]
Page created in 0.008499 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR