No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +1.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Tactics & New Players » » ICC Shields
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author ICC Shields
Lockdown
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2013-11-07 00:30   
Since no one can answer me this question ill make a Forum Topic to this maybe someone knows it, how to kill and ICC Shield in pvp ?
Played now around 5-6 Hours and when u hit certain guys u wont down their shields because of regen , i still think this is op when the other two faction have big disadvantages.
Ive started many years ago as ICC and it was easy but didnt know how unkillable they are in 1vs1 O.o.
The only way i figured ut is 2vs1 to make atleast so much dmg to break the regen and not at all ships the bigger the ship the more people u need ??
I heard about elf beams , true they leechs energy and that maybe after several minutes will block the shield energy. But it wont work against dreads and higher but since Kluth has no more energy after cloaking and im playing Ugto it doesnt work for me , i would like to have some ideas which ugto weopens are effectiv vs shields????? Hearing this for years "EMP is an Anti Shield Weopen" for some Reason i cant kill anybody with this gun no matter which ship or faction.
I would even like to talk about the Strengh of the Shield and why its even more better at regenerating ? why dmg doesnt stop it ? why it doesnt have high energy costs use like cloak ? For me this isnt balanced since ugto armor has the same numbers and value but doesnt regen at that speed and kluth has less armor but regens ...

Just checking the Killboard counts for i dont know (2-3 years?) shows how op this is.

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2013-11-07 00:37   
if your playing on ugto use emp cannons, on kluth use elf beams and torps, also with icc they turn faster then ugto and luth ships, try putting on turning jets enhancements on your ships

Email Borgie
Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-11-07 02:47   
EMP cannons do 0 damage except systems, even then it's marginal. Don't bother with them.

Best bet is beam boats, especially flux beams.

Incinarator
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-11-07 03:26   
Shields have a weakness to energy/emp weapons, which means that flux weapons indeed work best. You can either try to burst through the shields with high damage weapons, or engage the ICC in extended length dogfights to sap their energy.

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2013-11-07 03:38   
try to use weapons that are effective against the target youre fighting.

ICC dreads should be fought with torpedo cruisers, beam/torpedo dreads and battle stations, in that order. missiles and fighters can also be used to a great effect.

i feel you might be using a cannon cruiser/destroyer against icc cruisers/dreads. cannons are best against smaller targets.

Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-11-07 05:21   
Quote:
On 2013-11-07 03:26, Fatal Incinarator |SoT| wrote:
Shields have a weakness to energy/emp weapons, which means that flux weapons indeed work best. You can either try to burst through the shields with high damage weapons, or engage the ICC in extended length dogfights to sap their energy.

Falsifications from an ICC player trying to sabotage you ~.~

On a serious note, guide to shooting ICC:

destroyers: Lance.
cruisers: Phalanx.
dreads: Free kill! anything.

Lance destroyer is a flux spamming beam boat of goodness.
Phalanx is an anti-ICC Dream with a boatload of armor and PD to go with face-melting beams.
ICC Dreads that have just jumped in are even bigger free kills then UGTO dreads. pile on. Lance dreads, bastion dreads, EADs, you name it.

Don't expect to get many kills or get killed much. When two factions with mutually high defence fight, it's going to get drawn out and take a while.
As with everything UGTO, your best bet is generally to smack them as hard and fast as possible. 'long, drawn out' fire fights serve no purpose other then allowing your armor to go down and their shields to laugh at your horrible DPS. Get in and smack smack smack. Close range also works to the advantage of not being at danger from ICC's favourite missile boats.

Stuff you don't use:

missiles are utterly useless. Lolpulse shields lol pulse beams. Good luck

[ This Message was edited by: iwancoppa on 2013-11-07 05:29 ]

The Fridge
Chief Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2013-11-07 09:15   
Ablative seems useless compared to Reflective in the current version from my experience.

Missiles will do so much damage to you regardless of armour type.
Torps don't seem to hurt that much.

Lasers are the high damage that ICC has apart from missiles and so Reflective can be used vs both ICC and Kluth.

I'm not saying Reflective is OP, I'm saying the weapons that Ablative is useful against are either underpowered to the point that reflective is fine for them or overpowered like missiles where the damage reduced is huge but your still gonna get wrecked just 3-4 seconds later.

Point Of No Return
Chief Marshal
United Nations Space Command

Posted: 2013-11-07 12:49   
As an ICC pilot I will remind you that when shooting at an ICC ship that in order for them to reenforcwe a arc of shielding that they draw away shielding from the other arc's, leaving them low or drained altogether to (0)
effectively killing 3 arc's of shielding to temp repair the 1 arc being attacked and after a couple more hits the ICC ship has lost all its shielding layer protection. Unlike the double layers of armor on each arc of your ships and in combat timer mode the regen is for the most part not able to keep up with any more damage and then its an easy matter of knocking out the composite armor to reach the ICC hull and the emp and flux , elf weapons do kill the ICC shields since they are an energy layer of armor type protection. Glad I could clear some of the confussion about the awesome ICC shielding

Sheraton*XO*
Chief Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2013-11-07 18:49   
Quote:
On 2013-11-07 05:21, iwancoppa wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-11-07 03:26, Fatal Incinarator |SoT| wrote:

Falsifications from an ICC player trying to sabotage you ~.~

On a serious note, guide to shooting ICC:

destroyers: Lance.
cruisers: Phalanx.
dreads: Free kill! anything.

Lance destroyer is a flux spamming beam boat of goodness.
Phalanx is an anti-ICC Dream with a boatload of armor and PD to go with face-melting beams.
ICC Dreads that have just jumped in are even bigger free kills then UGTO dreads. pile on. Lance dreads, bastion dreads, EADs, you name it.

Don't expect to get many kills or get killed much. When two factions with mutually high defence fight, it's going to get drawn out and take a while.
As with everything UGTO, your best bet is generally to smack them as hard and fast as possible. 'long, drawn out' fire fights serve no purpose other then allowing your armor to go down and their shields to laugh at your horrible DPS. Get in and smack smack smack. Close range also works to the advantage of not being at danger from ICC's favourite missile boats.

Stuff you don't use:

missiles are utterly useless. Lolpulse shields lol pulse beams. Good luck

[ This Message was edited by: iwancoppa on 2013-11-07 05:29 ]

On dreads I note that it highly untrue. But if you want to use dreads against the ICC then I encourage you to line up single file. My destroyers, and cruisers will be waiting.

-Sheraton

Twilit Keel Mountains traversed at last we met a dragon who spoke thus: \"Sheraton am I who interprets the signs.\"

Sheraton*XO*
Chief Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2013-11-07 18:57   
Quote:
On 2013-11-07 00:30, Lockdown wrote:
Since no one can answer me this question ill make a Forum Topic to this maybe someone knows it, how to kill and ICC Shield in pvp ?
Played now around 5-6 Hours and when u hit certain guys u wont down their shields because of regen , i still think this is op when the other two faction have big disadvantages.
Ive started many years ago as ICC and it was easy but didnt know how unkillable they are in 1vs1 O.o.
The only way i figured ut is 2vs1 to make atleast so much dmg to break the regen and not at all ships the bigger the ship the more people u need ??
I heard about elf beams , true they leechs energy and that maybe after several minutes will block the shield energy. But it wont work against dreads and higher but since Kluth has no more energy after cloaking and im playing Ugto it doesnt work for me , i would like to have some ideas which ugto weopens are effectiv vs shields????? Hearing this for years "EMP is an Anti Shield Weopen" for some Reason i cant kill anybody with this gun no matter which ship or faction.
I would even like to talk about the Strengh of the Shield and why its even more better at regenerating ? why dmg doesnt stop it ? why it doesnt have high energy costs use like cloak ? For me this isnt balanced since ugto armor has the same numbers and value but doesnt regen at that speed and kluth has less armor but regens ...

Just checking the Killboard counts for i dont know (2-3 years?) shows how op this is.

The damage regeneration of the shields is reduced in combat. A few reasons why you may have failed: 1) Did the person have defense recharge enhancements? 2) Did you remain out of combat more than 30 seconds? If so this allows the build in overcharge to kick in. 3) Did the ship have 2 layeres of shields? IE: Is it like the storm cruiser? 4) Were you using only EMP weapons or did you also combine that damage with something else? 5) Was the ship enhanced with defense mods? 6) Were they reactive shields in which case they do not drain energy? Were they skirmish which has a high regeneration rate but low overall health? Were they active shields with high health, high energy drain and low regen?

-Sheraton

Twilit Keel Mountains traversed at last we met a dragon who spoke thus: \"Sheraton am I who interprets the signs.\"

Achilles Lord of the Myrmidon
Grand Admiral
The Myrmidon Legion

Posted: 2013-11-08 10:29   
The UGTO take on ICC shiels is this, at least it is for my guys: Keep the pressure on. simpl as that the shields have lower hitpoints which means they dont last as long but recharge very quickly which means if you hope to survive a fight (one on one) with a ICC ship UGTO has to play to their strengths that means get in close and use that unlimited ammo to the best of our ability.

Signature size too large, please resize (600x200x100kb)

Email Achilles Lord of the Myrmidon   Goto the website of Achilles Lord of the Myrmidon
Rain of Fire [O-XII]
Grand Admiral

From: South of Klaus, 14,000 gu from Insanity and 3,000 from Desperation.
Posted: 2013-11-09 11:12   
All I can say to you people, is that EMP is your friend.
I'm pretty certain they DO damage shields, but it doesn't matter if half of your snap is dead from EMP blasts.
Seriously, EMP is THE best part of UGTO, as with just a couple of salvoes you can kill guns, cloaking devices(hint hint), engines and jumpdrives.

They are pretty much the counter to ICC staying power.
On 2012-11-06 20:23, Tael wrote:
\"Depends who you asked... Praetorian, KC, a few others, and myself use to sit in the lobby and talk out the game...

Convinced more than one new person initially this was a text game. \"

Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-11-09 19:47   
Quote:
On 2013-11-09 11:12, Inconsequential Fire wrote:
I'm pretty certain they DO damage shields, but it doesn't matter if half of your snap is dead from EMP blasts.
Seriously, EMP is THE best part of UGTO, as with just a couple of salvoes you can kill guns, cloaking devices(hint hint), engines and jumpdrives.

WRONG.

EMP cannons do NOT damage shields.

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2013-11-09 22:27   
Quote:
On 2013-11-09 19:47, Iwancoppa wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-11-09 11:12, Inconsequential Fire wrote:

WRONG.

EMP cannons do NOT damage shields.

right from 1.71 dev log

ICC
- All shields: vulnerable to EMP and ELF weapons
- Active Shields
-- Highest HP
-- Slowest regen
-- Moderate energy use
- Reactive Shields
-- Moderate HP
-- Moderate regen
-- Lowest energy use
- Skirmish Shields
-- Lowest HP
-- Fastest regen
-- Highest energy use
-- Increased signature penalty
- Composite Armor
-- Moderate HP
-- Low regen
-- Moderate mass
-- Bonus resistance to EMP damage
[ This Message was edited by: Borgie on 2013-11-09 22:27 ]

Email Borgie
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Playing DarkSpace.

Posted: 2013-11-09 22:31   
EMP cannons deal pure EMP damage, and therefore go through armor and shields and hits system damage directly. Flux weapons deal EMP/Energy, and deal the extra damage to shields.
[ This Message was edited by: Ent on 2013-11-09 22:32 ]

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.022512 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR