No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +22.0 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » ICC Killing Guide V1.0 - Shootin' blues
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author ICC Killing Guide V1.0 - Shootin' blues
Rain of Fire [O-XII]
Grand Admiral

From: South of Klaus, 14,000 gu from Insanity and 3,000 from Desperation.
Posted: 2013-11-09 11:03   
Here is something you forgot to mention :3

Maneuverability:

ICC ships have the best turning rates of any faction, due to the massless shields. Meaning, that in a 1 on 1 with stock ships of the same class, the ICC ship *should* consistently be able to slightly outmaneuver their opponent.

Also, ships that lack armor entirely (Border Cruiser, Strike Carrier etc) have 1.3-1.5 times the maneuverability of ships of their own class. Said maneuverability is enough that they can seriously contend with ships a class below them, especially if the player(s) in question know how to properly use their ships.

The Answer: I'd recommend, just as a matter of course, to try and operate ships one class below the ICC ship you are engaging. Of course, this isn't a hard and fast rule, but (especially in the case of beam ships) it's a very, very good idea. Otherwise ICC ships, with their reduced mass, have a fairly good chance of getting out of beam range.

--------------------------

I lol'd so hard when I saw this. Now ICC are the faction the take-down guides are written for? Awesome
On 2012-11-06 20:23, Tael wrote:
\"Depends who you asked... Praetorian, KC, a few others, and myself use to sit in the lobby and talk out the game...

Convinced more than one new person initially this was a text game. \"

Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-11-09 19:48   
Quote:
On 2013-11-09 11:03, Inconsequential Fire wrote:
Here is something you forgot to mention :3

Maneuverability:

ICC ships have the best turning rates of any faction, due to the massless shields. Meaning, that in a 1 on 1 with stock ships of the same class, the ICC ship *should* consistently be able to slightly outmaneuver their opponent.

Also, ships that lack armor entirely (Border Cruiser, Strike Carrier etc) have 1.3-1.5 times the maneuverability of ships of their own class. Said maneuverability is enough that they can seriously contend with ships a class below them, especially if the player(s) in question know how to properly use their ships.

The Answer: I'd recommend, just as a matter of course, to try and operate ships one class below the ICC ship you are engaging. Of course, this isn't a hard and fast rule, but (especially in the case of beam ships) it's a very, very good idea. Otherwise ICC ships, with their reduced mass, have a fairly good chance of getting out of beam range.

--------------------------

I lol'd so hard when I saw this. Now ICC are the faction the take-down guides are written for? Awesome

I mentioned that ICC are more maneuverable. If you can't figure out that it's because they don't have armor, you need to think more.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.007476 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR