No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +18.7 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Old player checking again. How is supply role?
 Author Old player checking again. How is supply role?
SVoyager
Midshipman

Posted: 2013-11-17 18:42   

<--- oh my 2006, long time!

Hi, I received an interesting email lately, something saying darkspace and 1.7 !

My first reaction was "holy sh*t this game is still running, awesome!!". So here I am trying to see what changed. I am at work atm so can't jump in game right away.

I was someone that liked to get a supply ship (don't know if they were called supply ship. The ship that repaired and refueled others) and absolutely loved just standing a bit behind the front lines and repairing whoever was jumping in so that he would get back in the action asap.

I always liked these kind of roles in games, one more example was the game planetside, I spent endless hours with them flying bricks (damn forgot the name but its the repair ship), you land and ppl would pull up next to the ship and you would jump out and help repair. While some might find that boring, me I was getting all the fun from something as simple as that!

Is this role still in the game and still as useful as it was? I would love to jump in again and have some fun repairing stuff!
[ This Message was edited by: SVoyager on 2013-11-17 18:44 ]

Orkan [OO-XII]
Grand Admiral
The Myrmidon Legion

Posted: 2013-11-17 19:04   
It sure is.

That's one of the nice things in life where someone assumes their role and is completely satisfied with it. It's not all combat you know, there is plenty to be said for supply, construction, e-war and Point Defense roles. It's great to hear that you have such a great fondness for the role. Everybody appreciates having a skilled supply pilot on hand. : )

Welcome back to DS.

Email Orkan [OO-XII]
Ignorance
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2013-11-17 20:51   
I love planetside and planetside 2.

[ This Message was edited by: Doran on 2013-11-17 21:35 ]

0stego
Fleet Admiral
United Armed Corps

Posted: 2013-11-18 12:11   
Quote:
On 2013-11-17 20:51, Ignorance[Helper] wrote:
I love planetside and planetside 2.

[ This Message was edited by: Doran on 2013-11-17 21:35 ]

Good for you, here's a cookie....

Back to the topic at hand.. Yes there is still supply ships just not many people flying them that I have noticed but its hard to watch the battle when your building planets.

Goto the website of 0stego
Achilles Lord of the Myrmidon
Grand Admiral
The Myrmidon Legion

Posted: 2013-11-18 12:18   
Indeed many fleets are looking for people to assume those rolse. Depending on who you fly with (ICC, UGTO, K'Luth) the roles is needed more or less.

Signature size too large, please resize (600x200x100kb)

Email Achilles Lord of the Myrmidon   Goto the website of Achilles Lord of the Myrmidon
SVoyager
Midshipman

Posted: 2013-11-18 13:42   
Great to know, thanks! Yeah I was ICC at the time, mostly because I liked the design of the ships. I have no idea how the factions evolved since but I guess I might get back in there as ICC again.

Thanks again for the replies!

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-11-18 18:00   
Supply is extremely useful right now.
There's even a 3 drone supply ship that can repair like crazy.

Lot's of activity going on recently, and the team will very much appreciate being supported. You may enjoy that supply ships are quite sturdy now, at least compared to how they were.
You may even get tips
[ This Message was edited by: Fluttershy on 2013-11-18 18:01 ]

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2013-11-19 01:40   
Supplies generally are vital to all factions, and I would personally recommend at least one player running supply at all times, especially in extended campaigns in enemy territory. For ICC they provide much needed ammo and augments ICC's already fast out of combat regen found in their shields, for Kluth they are less needed but can still help a damaged cloaked ally especially if their cloak device is taking damage, and for UGTO they are needed for UGTO to even attempt to say they have long term combat endurance.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2013-11-19 17:35   
Quote:
On 2013-11-19 01:40, SpaceAdmiral wrote:
For ICC they provide much needed ammo and augments ICC's already fast out of combat regen found in their shields.

Shields have never been augmented by repair drones, the only kind of boost they get is from the 30 second out of combat timer.

TheHunter
Marshal

Posted: 2013-11-19 23:46   
Quote:
On 2013-11-17 18:42, SVoyager wrote:

<--- oh my 2006, long time!

Hi, I received an interesting email lately, something saying darkspace and 1.7 !

My first reaction was "holy sh*t this game is still running, awesome!!". So here I am trying to see what changed. I am at work atm so can't jump in game right away.

I was someone that liked to get a supply ship (don't know if they were called supply ship. The ship that repaired and refueled others) and absolutely loved just standing a bit behind the front lines and repairing whoever was jumping in so that he would get back in the action asap.

I always liked these kind of roles in games, one more example was the game planetside, I spent endless hours with them flying bricks (damn forgot the name but its the repair ship), you land and ppl would pull up next to the ship and you would jump out and help repair. While some might find that boring, me I was getting all the fun from something as simple as that!

Is this role still in the game and still as useful as it was? I would love to jump in again and have some fun repairing stuff!
[ This Message was edited by: SVoyager on 2013-11-17 18:44 ]

After looking at all the dates of joining and since im 2001 first now 2005 IM FEELING OLDDDDDDDDDD

Goto the website of TheHunter
SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2013-11-20 04:01   
Quote:
On 2013-11-19 17:35, Talien wrote:

Shields have never been augmented by repair drones, the only kind of boost they get is from the 30 second out of combat timer.

Meant overall regen. ICC already have a large, non depot assisted combat endurance in the form of their shields, but a few supply ships can, when the shields are recharging, also repair a bit of armor and more importantly hull. They do not need to top off armor to be effective, and a repeated assault of ships taking light armor damage jumping and then recharging shields extremely quickly can be troublesome, especially from a UGTO perspective.

Page created in 0.032630 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR