- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +2.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Evellon
16th - faudin
14th - moriens

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » [1.702] Release Feedback
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 )
 Author [1.702] Release Feedback
Jhomes
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-12-06 22:57   
Ok borgie the valence autocannon is supposed to be the strongest one, approx 2400-4800 with 2.7 recharge time, i understand it does energy and ugto ablative takes xtra damage, railguns and gauss do kinetic and hurt reflective armorr more, tht has nothing to do with this. `ok forager i cant help but think u judged me as ignorant and didnt actually try to undestand my point, i said hours of testing, i didnt shoot a supply plat for hours, i have performed tht same test on many many targets, including ur suggested extractor which does have shields, u r thinking of pre 1.7 extractors they did not. i chose the friendly platform test to present because it is the easiest examplpe. ur left with no doubt wen the valence does 0 damage with repeated prolonged fire and wen you use railgun or gauss the platform can be damaged normally the tester can see right away something is wrong and is left without doubt or to speculate. also i understand combat timer and shield regen and tht platforms hav only 1 big shield arc. That said u DID NOT address why the valence doesnt do damage to the platform and the gauss and railguns DO wen performing that same test. gauss has lowest damage per sec, railgun in the midl and at 90 gu the valence has the best damage per sec, that was my question why is it not doing the damage it says it does. this is a real problem and i do not appreaciate given answers tht are obviously not the cause if ther was a logical explanation i would have figured it out and wouldnt bother with a post. I have 0 doubt here, i ask u whether it be an admin mod, watever, please do the test i describe in last post with ALL 3 gun types and explain why i am getting these results, once again thanks for your patience, long live the DS,

Jason

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-12-07 00:09   
I think we tested Valence vs Railgun at 500gu and 50gu, but I don't recall what the results were.

Valence SHOULD do more damage than the railguns at 500gu or lower IF the enemy is using ablative armor.

Could use some testing on what the effectiveness vs standard armor is.

Jhomes
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-12-07 04:54   
sorry i left a part out about the kluth chitin armor, i know it raises sig quite a bit and slows turn rate, its not really that i a problem with how it raises the ships hp per armor unit well above the armor and shield hp of equalvilant icc ship type, my probllem lies with the fact that the sig increase penalty is rendered null wen the armor units take damage, the more damage the lower ur sig becomes, wen my kluth ship is damaged and i need to get away i hav no more problem cloaking and leaving than i do with organic armor due to the increased sig effects being negated from battle damage. now i dont think chitin armor should be changed, its a very useful option that helps kluth stay in battle longer and use a more "tanking" strategy. My question is why does icc not have an armor switchout option with the positive balenced by negative effects? My idea is something called maybe idk "shield reinforced armor" or "magnetron infused armor" it could have higher hp than composite armor (but not as high as ugto armor of course), exact same regen rate as composite armor but requires ship energy per second like shields do to regen, also due to its electronic nature wld maybe be vuln to emp or at least lose the flux resis the composite has. I believe that would be a great trade off and alternative to using the aux shield reactors. also would be alot easier to implement than reworking the icc shield/armor setups i suggested before.

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2013-12-07 07:17   
tested valence autocannons against rain guns on line dread (14 cannons), targeting an extractor and a half-built platform*

val guns consistently dealt 75% of the volley damage of rail guns (as per tooltip info) at 90 gu.

at 500 gu, damage of val gun volley fell to 55-65% of rail gun damage.

hence, valence autocannons are ok-ish. falloff could be further increased for an increase in initial damage, but otherwise theyre good.

*platforms that have been only partly built have no energy to power shields, and hence no shield regen, and hence no "in defense mode we trust" problems.

further tested on a fully built platform, val guns were dealing visible damage, but the regeneration rate of shields is just very high in defense mode, which does not disengage when taking friendly fire.

also tested ghost shields, able to hide a dread with 3 of them. strength and regeneration is really "low", but energy consumption is low as well. best used on ranged destroyers, which cannot carry EWar devices for stealth, in combination with a pair of auxiliary shields for added padding at no signature/energy cost!
[ This Message was edited by: Forger of Destiny on 2013-12-07 07:32 ]

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-12-07 12:56   
I call out a new UGTO Command dread at Paul, then log in to Mannen and go to Luyten. Suddenly I find the command dread out of torpedo, it has 0 torpedo although I never shoot anything!

Supply platform should have repaird field. They never repair player when we build them near the planet. What's the poitn of supply plat when they repair themselves first?

I also call supply but for 30 minutes I don't see any supply show up.

I admit I dislike the new dread mechanics. They're stronger than 1.6 but slower. Especially the deadly core cannon is overwhelming.

Server also breaks armor. And reset aura to default. Pretty annoying.

WH accuracy can take a boost. I were 3000gu away from the target, in a dread. It means I must jump again.

Command dread of all factions ought to have mining beam. They're very useless once they use all the resource.
[ This Message was edited by: DiepLuc on 2013-12-10 13:02 ]

Fatal Perihelion
Chief Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2013-12-14 10:52   
When i log in i cant connect. I always have to start darspace twice.

*Flash*
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-12-14 15:54   
Quote:
On 2013-12-14 10:52, Fatal Perihelion wrote:

Same for me , i get a disconnnected msg then i log again and its working fine also the game is freezing while playing and the client stop working so i have to restart the game.

Email *Flash*
Sheraton*XO*
Chief Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2013-12-15 10:47   
Quote:
On 2013-12-14 15:54, *Flash* wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-12-14 10:52, Fatal Perihelion wrote:

Same for me , i get a disconnnected msg then i log again and its working fine also the game is freezing while playing and the client stop working so i have to restart the game.

This also happens to me. I get a continuous log in loop when I try to log in the first time unless I first open the GCQL, close it and then open it again.

-Sheraton

Twilit Keel Mountains traversed at last we met a dragon who spoke thus: \"Sheraton am I who interprets the signs.\"

Fatal Perihelion
Chief Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2013-12-16 12:00   
AD obsolete?

The AssaultDreadnought was an answer to Kluth once. Now ADs cant sonar-ping, they can barely blind fire (guns too slow and range too low).

Point is:
3 ADs in a pack could fight 4 Siphons. Now you will need E-war help, which means you can only field an AD if your superior in numbers anyway.
Only use for them now seems to be jumping stations to literaly assault them.

This is a little sad becauase ICC is not just the "ranged" faction or the "def" faction, it was a very versitile faction.

In most cases we have a ICC destroyer and cruiser faction now..if you want to be effective. Some people like that though.

Just saying that one of ICCs core ships is almost useless now, a good e-war fleet of small ships work well on the other hand, guess we have to adept

Chewy Squirrel
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-12-16 16:13   
Quote:
On 2013-12-16 12:00, Fatal Perihelion wrote:
AD obsolete?

The AD in its current form is an unmitigated disaster. It is little more than a death trap. It has an effective range of point blank against dreads. Even luth dreads can dodge the miserable core torpedo speed of it at range, and anything smaller than a dread can dodge the torpedoes at anything other than rubbing armor rings. And since beam damage is applied over time, the small ship can easily get out of arc or range and avoid most of the damage. It is designed like a luth ship that can't cloak and therefore can't get into range on its own terms, and so it is almost never at effective range. Even luth dreads can just sit at range and pelt it with cannons and torpedoes and win easily.

Sure it can jump other ships, but unlike luth dreads it cannot jump, attack, and then cloak to disengage. It instead is forced to sit there and die when the other ship gets more than 300 gu away and it can no longer attack it.

This isn't even mentioning how ICC torpedoes do incredibly low amounts of damage and how ICC active shields have the same HP as luth chit armor.

There is a reason why AD usage dropped overnight to approximately 0% after 1.7 was released.

Of course giving the AD back its ion cannons would fix most of these problems but knowing this new design philosophy that's not going to happen

[ This Message was edited by: Chewy Squirrel on 2013-12-16 16:14 ]

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2013-12-16 19:30   
Quote:
On 2013-12-16 16:13, Chewy Squirrel wrote:
Quote:
AD obsolete?

The AD in its current form is an unmitigated disaster. It is little more than a death trap. It has an effective range of point blank against dreads. Even luth dreads can dodge the miserable core torpedo speed of it at range, and anything smaller than a dread can dodge the torpedoes at anything other than rubbing armor rings. And since beam damage is applied over time, the small ship can easily get out of arc or range and avoid most of the damage. It is designed like a luth ship that can't cloak and therefore can't get into range on its own terms, and so it is almost never at effective range. Even luth dreads can just sit at range and pelt it with cannons and torpedoes and win easily.

Sure it can jump other ships, but unlike luth dreads it cannot jump, attack, and then cloak to disengage. It instead is forced to sit there and die when the other ship gets more than 300 gu away and it can no longer attack it.

This isn't even mentioning how ICC torpedoes do incredibly low amounts of damage and how ICC active shields have the same HP as luth chit armor.

There is a reason why AD usage dropped overnight to approximately 0% after 1.7 was released.

Of course giving the AD back its ion cannons would fix most of these problems but knowing this new design philosophy that's not going to happen

yeah the AD is lol weak now.. same thing with the LS. those v-torps are so slow its not even funny.

Email Borgie
Chewy Squirrel
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-12-22 16:53   

- Valence Autocannon effects toned down. Their projectile is less stretchy and their impact effect has fewer particles. Should lead to less framerate impact when using them.

Why not tie this to the graphics slider? So that people who have no performance issues can keep it on. The current effects are way cooler looking than the 1.703 effects.

Sheraton*XO*
Chief Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2013-12-22 17:39   
Quote:
On 2013-12-16 19:30, Borgie wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
AD obsolete?

yeah the AD is lol weak now.. same thing with the LS. those v-torps are so slow its not even funny.

I actually dispute the LS being weak. Yes, the variance torpedoes are slow and have difficulty hitting ships below dread level, unless you are good at manual targeting and detonation, but the missiles as they are now reliably hit k'luth and UGTO ships that are sieging a planet, especially when those ships are constantly slowing down to attempt to stay behind their chosen targets. I really don't think the LS is weak so much as you can no longer hit ships at 2k GU with the ion cannons.

However, if a dread makes the mistake of getting in close to the LS, or a Nest, or a battle station, they quickly learn why it's a bad idea. This was especially illustrated with the case of a nightshade who jumped my station a few weeks ago after I retreated a short distance when 2 nests jumped me. The nightshade, seeing that I had taken some armor and shield damage, tried to jump a short distance away from me and finish me off. It didn't end well for the nightshade because at closer ranges where the turn rate is less of a factor, the line station is easily able to toast dreads. Which is what it was supposed to do to begin with.

-Sheraton

Twilit Keel Mountains traversed at last we met a dragon who spoke thus: \"Sheraton am I who interprets the signs.\"

wolf420
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2014-01-02 18:57   
i have to say emp missles for ugto is a very bad idiea as ugto is they already have emp cannons that allow 1 ship to completely nuetralise another by killing all it's systems while also causing a good deal of damage and with systems compramised said ship cant jump do to jd being damaged + you have armor damage and all weapons shields damaged leaving in a nice beat up paper weight emp missles in my opinion would make an already op faction even more op

Mylith
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2014-01-03 00:23   
Quote:
Quote:
AD obsolete?

The AD took a large hit once it lost its superdread status...it really relied on that extra HP, arguably moreso than the other factions' superdreads.

http://twitter.com/DarkSpace7

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 )
Page created in 0.023556 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR