No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +1.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Doran

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » [1.702] Release Feedback
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
 Author [1.702] Release Feedback
Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-11-22 16:48   
Quote:
On 2013-11-21 18:19, Sheraton *XO* wrote:

I suppose if someone were to demonstrate through "testing" that these ELF beams and torps helped offset that energy drain, or that the cannons should use more energy that could be a tanglible downside. Personally I am opposed to making the k'luth have to use up anymore energy on the cloak. However, if anyone wants to demonstrate through a test instead of our speculations here that might convince someone, somewhere to change something.

-Sheraton

It's not really the cloak energy drain that's the issue, more the fact that once you run out of energy, you still got plenty of time to escape before it damages itself to failure.

Increasing the damage it takes could work.

I'm not sure what really needs to be tested, If you use a kluth torpedo ship without any ELF torps swapped out, your energy will suffer, but you can largely offset this by putting 2-4 ELF torps on there.

Torpedo/Beam ships tend to suffer energy-wise as well, and the ELF beams alone wont offset this, but again, swapping in some ELF torps will more or less completely negate the problem with the added benefit of leaving your enemies low on energy (which doesn't matter much unless you actually get them down to 0 energy)

Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-11-22 17:04   
If AHR required energy to operate...

Sheraton*XO*
Chief Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2013-11-22 17:44   
Quote:
On 2013-11-22 17:04, Iwancoppa wrote:

I really don't think that is a good idea.

-Sheraton

Twilit Keel Mountains traversed at last we met a dragon who spoke thus: \"Sheraton am I who interprets the signs.\"

Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-11-22 18:19   
Quote:
On 2013-11-22 17:44, Sheraton *XO* wrote:
Quote:

-Sheraton

Congratulations, tier 3 of Graham's disagreement hierarchy.

UGTO AI is clearly broken and evidence of it is Lalande right now. Horridly outnumbered, outshipped, outranked and getting kicked in the gluteals, no friendly AI assisting.

UGTO AI seems to have been broken ever since 1.7 came out. For Example, when ICC was invading Sol and had the numbers/Rank advantage, UGTO would never recieve friendly AI.

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-11-22 18:39   
They should be getting AI as long as they have a shipyard.
If there is a shipyard and they are not spawning when the teams are uneven, then something is wrong, yes.

Sheraton*XO*
Chief Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2013-11-22 18:56   
Quote:
On 2013-11-22 18:39, Fluttershy wrote:
They should be getting AI as long as they have a shipyard.
If there is a shipyard and they are not spawning when the teams are uneven, then something is wrong, yes.

Also. make sure the AI are not in another system from you.

-Sheraton

Twilit Keel Mountains traversed at last we met a dragon who spoke thus: \"Sheraton am I who interprets the signs.\"

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2013-11-22 19:31   
Quote:
On 2013-11-22 18:19, Iwancoppa wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-11-22 17:44, Sheraton *XO* wrote:
Quote:

-Sheraton

Congratulations, tier 3 of Graham's disagreement hierarchy.

UGTO AI is clearly broken and evidence of it is Lalande right now. Horridly outnumbered, outshipped, outranked and getting kicked in the gluteals, no friendly AI assisting.

UGTO AI seems to have been broken ever since 1.7 came out. For Example, when ICC was invading Sol and had the numbers/Rank advantage, UGTO would never recieve friendly AI.

This is probably in your head : tests show it to be working perfectly.

Not to mention UGTO AI is no different from ICC AI, which is no different from K'Luth AI. They all use the same routine.

Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-11-22 19:33   
Tests may show it's working perfectly, but in-game evidence does not.

We had the same issue in 1.7 release. Tests were fine, in-game was not fine.

Are you testing on the Metaverse server cluster or alpha/beta clusters? Murphies law, something will be broken on the MV cluster and not what you're testing on.

Sheraton*XO*
Chief Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2013-11-22 21:21   
Supply platforms are still being glitchy. at 9:30 or thereabout we were trying to cap a k'luth planet but the supply platforms would not resupply our bomber.

-Sheraton

Kinthalas
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2013-11-23 10:00   
Quote:
On 2013-11-22 21:21, Sheraton *XO* wrote:
Supply platforms are still being glitchy. at 9:30 or thereabout we were trying to cap a k'luth planet but the supply platforms would not resupply our bomber.

-Sheraton

There is just something wrong with supply plats, a lot of people say you're out of syc.. or desyc.. etc, but I don't think it's that.

I just know that whent a supply plat is full health, and has nothing else in range to reload.. I don't get fixed a lot of thime. Also sometimes when it actually does work, I don't get full ammo.. 9 bombs insted of 10, and have to shoot bombs into open space 2-3 times actually get a full reload.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-11-23 10:28   
were they stuck in a cycle repairing themselves? were they close enough to planet to be taking damage, or mayybe repping somebody who was?

This also happens

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Sheraton*XO*
Chief Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2013-11-23 11:33   
Quote:
On 2013-11-23 10:28, Azreal wrote:
were they stuck in a cycle repairing themselves? were they close enough to planet to be taking damage, or mayybe repping somebody who was?

This also happens

The plats had full shields and were within 150 GU of the command carrier which also had full shields, no armor damage, or hull damage, and while I was receiving supplies from them initially. This stopped after I topped up my ammo, and thereafter no supplies were given to the bomber. They would repair the bomber's armor. But they would not resupply him.

-Sheraton

Orkan [OO-XII]
Grand Admiral
The Myrmidon Legion

Posted: 2013-11-23 15:14   
I have seen platforms have a very erratic functionality.

Most of the time they reload but there is almost always an issue. With Jump drive fuel for example I always seem to receive a different amount and never a full load, Often jumping away and jumping back tends to continue the resupply but I may still not receive 100% of reload. This is a time consuming and signature raising workaround, especially not good for a pilot currently in a dread.

I have also noticed that they do not smoothly supply one ship and then the next in the area, I consider them highly buggy. Could it be due to data 'packet-loss' due to the connection?

Email Orkan [OO-XII]
Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2013-11-23 15:17   
Quote:
On 2013-11-23 11:33, Sheraton *XO* wrote:
The plats had full shields and were within 150 GU of the command carrier which also had full shields, no armor damage, or hull damage, and while I was receiving supplies from them initially. This stopped after I topped up my ammo, and thereafter no supplies were given to the bomber. They would repair the bomber's armor. But they would not resupply him.

That most likely is desynch, it happens to me all the time and I have to log out and close GCQL completely before reloading everything for it to start working again.

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-11-23 17:54   
May I suggest adding repair field platforms?
Drone platforms would remain useful for resupplying a single target.
Repair field platforms would be able to rearm entire squads, but repair slowly.

Anyone who thinks I'm gonna put 1700 prestige on the line for a support station and not get jack in return is a really funny guy.
15 minute JD, 5 minute WH, No self defence, And being the juiciest target on radar. NOPE.

T2 and T3 supply ships all the way.
[ This Message was edited by: Fluttershy on 2013-11-23 17:58 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Page created in 0.020514 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR