No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Cloak graphic idea
 Author Cloak graphic idea
Ignorance
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2013-11-23 16:48   
I'm not sure if Medusa does/can support this kind of graphic effect, but in the case it does or can be manipulated to do so, this effect might be nice ti have:

Perhaps instead of other friendly cloaked players being completely invisible, they would have a sort of light bending effect showing the very outline of their ship so you can still see where they are. This graphic effect could be enabled with the "Enable shaders" button.

If the devs also thought it fit to be in the future of DS, this same effect, perhaps more defined, could become visible on cloaks that are at or below 75% health, rather than every "battle tick"(for lack of a better word) the cloak completely shuts off for a tenth of a second then restarts.

Just some ideas. Please let me know what you think.

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2013-11-23 22:01   
back in the day when you were damaged below 70%, your hull damage used to apear through cloak, at 30% the blue flame lit up the area with a huge sign saying shoot here please

Email Borgie
Guyton (Angel of Death)
Marshal

Posted: 2013-11-23 22:21   
Quote:
On 2013-11-23 22:01, Borgie wrote:
back in the day when you were damaged below 70%, your hull damage used to apear through cloak, at 30% the blue flame lit up the area with a huge sign saying shoot here please

Than again back then being cloaked didn't mean a thing. You cloaked for fun for the most part.

Entil-Zha the Starkiller
Chief Marshal
Ravenous Wolfpack Clan

Posted: 2013-11-23 22:34   
You could fire while cloaked too...

\"Oh you could do that. And I could nail your head to the table, set fire to it,
and feed the charred remains to the Pak'ma'ra.\" - Capt. John Sheridan

Email Entil-Zha the Starkiller
Ignorance
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2013-11-23 23:56   
I guess what I'm proposing is for the cloak to conceal the damage, including the blue flame, and everything else from the hull, and rely on the cloak hp itself to base how visible the light-bending shader effect would be. This would help and hurt I think.

As of now, I have a pretty crappy laptop that can run ds at High settings just fine with the shader enabled, but assuming that the medusa engine can simulate this effect, it would put heavy graphics load on the player who had that effect being rendered. That kind of light bending effect being enabled would probably be best of in a button of its own.

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2013-11-24 06:27   
Quote:
On 2013-11-23 23:56, [*DI*]Ignorance[Helper] wrote:
I guess what I'm proposing is for the cloak to conceal the damage, including the blue flame, and everything else from the hull, and rely on the cloak hp itself to base how visible the light-bending shader effect would be. This would help and hurt I think.

As of now, I have a pretty crappy laptop that can run ds at High settings just fine with the shader enabled, but assuming that the medusa engine can simulate this effect, it would put heavy graphics load on the player who had that effect being rendered. That kind of light bending effect being enabled would probably be best of in a button of its own.

it already does on the enemy side, only every now and then do they see like a flash of damage, and most people don;t even notice

Email Borgie
Pand0rum (Dragoon)
Marshal

Posted: 2013-11-25 14:55   
I would say that the only way you can ping a ship if it's under 75% Hull, contradicting what you said from ship outline. instead of adding a shade outline that literally makes them visible, I would say you can ECCM or ping a ship only if the opponent is 75 percent hull or lower.

Page created in 0.016161 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR