No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +6.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Kluth = nerfed?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Kluth = nerfed?
Diabo|ik
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2014-01-05 12:36   
So I took a look at the map... And then the killboard...

What's up guys? Any K'luth pilots want to elaborate on the "lost count of the number of times" the devs messed up?

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2014-01-05 13:10   

you know, it wasnt that long ago when kluth were absolutly dominating the mv/killboard, due in part to OMGAIHORDE. and even as recently as yesterday there's been arguments that kluth have some innate, nigh-unbeatable advantage.

there really hasnt been any radical changes to either kluth aspects or their human analogs. the changes that HAVE been made, or are being made, are still entirely within beta and do not effect the metaverse. no builds have been pushed to release. none. not exaclt magic rocket alchemy, the live game data hasnt changed, only thing significantly different between now and a few weeks ago is who's on, when they're on and when they do when they're on.

Faustus
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2014-01-05 15:27   
Agree... none of the proposed cloaking changes are live, what is obvious different is the number of people playing Kluth based on the stats we've collected.

Goto the website of Faustus
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2014-01-05 20:26   
Quote:
On 2014-01-05 13:10, Doran wrote:
only thing significantly different between now and a few weeks ago is who's on, when they're on and when they do when they're on.

Numbers sway faction power more than any other factor in the game. The ships themselves are more or less balanced with a few more tweaks needed (in beta).

And thats not something that you can't really do much of anything about. You cannot force players onto a team they do not want to play.

AI is intended to help even out the numbers a bit in absense of players doing it themselves. I attempt to jump to the lowest populated faction when I join, because I don't find the game very fun when I'm on the outnumbering team. If other players want to, they can do the same, but few people see it the same way.

Artermus
Grand Admiral
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2014-01-05 21:13   
Numbers win any battle in this game.

Fire-Storm
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2014-01-06 01:31   
I want the Combat AI back, where did they go? if i don't stand a chance in pvp (cap and build planets, do rep work, plat building (that will actually help my team, and not just have random plats out there), now where am i supposed to get pres?

Code Red
Chief Marshal
Non Omnis Moriar

Posted: 2014-01-06 03:16   
Quote:
On 2014-01-05 15:27, Faustus wrote:
Agree... none of the proposed cloaking changes are live, what is obvious different is the number of people playing Kluth based on the stats we've collected.

Exactly as stated above , not long ago the MV was full of luth players that have dwindled in the last week , its the numbers thats the only problem.

Code Red, For winning in the 1RA Fleet Wars event, here's your coupon for a week.

Ravendark
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2014-01-06 07:01   
we didnt got nurfed! what a blasphemy! well not yet x)
as for myself, i got pulled into other games. news of cloak changes didnt really help the case...
i dont know about other luth, but thats my case. just for info

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2014-01-06 07:07   
about a month after release, there were no ugto to be seen. That's one reason I went UGTO for a while. Its boring with no targets.

The truth is, if there is even one player on, and they are DOING SOMETHING, no matter what the something is, when others log in, they will usually stay. But if a player logs in, and sees a lot of red, and no other allies, they will log out most of the time.

I have seen this so many times over the years, but most especially when a faction is getting shoved out "overnight". Attrition and demoralization are game killers, but cant really be coded against.

In cases like this it is always a vet or two who log in and begin to push back that changes the tide. Most likely its because they (mostly) don't care a lick about pres, and they are more like "OMGOMGOMGWTFWTFTARGETS!!!!!".

Also, when battlefields are properly prepared, something else usually done by a skilled vet, then the push back becomes almost automatic.

Watching the mv sometimes reminds me of a a pool match. You see two unskilled people play, and the game looks really hard. You watch a skilled player play, and you think its the easiest game in the world.

I say all this to give one gem of advice: When you log in, if you really want to play, then play. Others will eventually log in and you can gain momentum. Don't go all squishy-spine when you see a lot of red. Be the person that anchors the faction.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2014-01-06 08:38   
Quote:
On 2014-01-05 12:36, Diabo|ik wrote:
So I took a look at the map... And then the killboard...

What's up guys? Any K'luth pilots want to elaborate on the "lost count of the number of times" the devs messed up?

Remember, the alternate name for Darkspace is "Gangbang in da Void".

Numbers roll. Anytime, everytime.

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2014-01-06 20:22   
Quote:
On 2014-01-05 15:27, Faustus wrote:

they are now.. some of the worst changes to the game to date.. 483 broke cloak was even better then this...

[ This Message was edited by: Mersenne Twister on 2014-01-06 22:41 ]

Email Borgie
Ravendark
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2014-01-06 21:19   
did anyone notice that there is no energy drain under cloak? yes true, a dread might need a bit of help from our narrow band playing ecm buddies. but if you have the energy to cloak, you have 90 sec of pure energy revival and when that runs out you can unleash it into someones face.
and running under cloak at full speed gaining energy! makes no sense at all!
as it has it ugly disadvantages, it has some majestic utter nonesense advantages.
how cloak behaves with energy, it more feels like 'phase out' because it drains only when "cloaking"...as phasing out into..there. need no energy to stay there, just to get there. but you're still here and can get hurt by blind shooters.

im still not sure if i like it or hate it.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2014-01-06 21:55   
Quote:
On 2014-01-06 21:19, Ravendark wrote:
did anyone notice that there is no energy drain under cloak? yes true, a dread might need a bit of help from our narrow band playing ecm buddies. but if you have the energy to cloak, you have 90 sec of pure energy revival and when that runs out you can unleash it into someones face.
and running under cloak at full speed gaining energy! makes no sense at all!
as it has it ugly disadvantages, it has some majestic utter nonesense advantages.
how cloak behaves with energy, it more feels like 'phase out' because it drains only when "cloaking"...as phasing out into..there. need no energy to stay there, just to get there. but you're still here and can get hurt by blind shooters.

im still not sure if i like it or hate it.

Right now, the tactics appear to be.

Run at medium/high speeds, engage ECM. Jump to proximity of target. Loiter for a little bit. Engage cloak. Turn off ECM to save power and allow cooldown. Approach target quickly. Decloak. Strike as hard as you can. Then jump out. Or cloak... if your energy still allows.

Ravendark
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2014-01-07 03:27   
it works...somehow. just some kind of clear indicator of your remaining cloak would be good. i find myself naked..ehm..uncloaked too many times and i wonder wtf...oh its just 1.703... meaning there should be something else, bit bigger and more distinctive than cooldown on cloak device to tell user how much cloak is left.
time between cloaks would be shorter. so instead of ping, kluth appear from time to time for 15-20 sec (just an example) to recharge his cloak.

vets might not have a problems with that, new players are already confused.

Kinthalas
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2014-01-07 03:34   
Personally, I love the new cloak compared to last version. Can regain energy lots of the time, and still seems to work good for getting in or out.

Seems to make the stealth mod not as good, maybe an enh to cloak cool down as well on it?

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.026560 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR