No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +6.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Kluth = nerfed?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
 Author Kluth = nerfed?
Azure Prower
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2014-01-08 23:05   
Quote:
On 2014-01-08 10:15, Ravendark wrote:
Quote:
On 2014-01-08 08:28, Ent wrote:

In a lot of ways, this cloak is even stronger than it was before. But players just see timers and cooldowns and don't actually get in there and fight and see for themselves how much more freedom you really have.

-Ent

yeah, no longer can i cloak and fall asleep

Sitting cloaked whilst you were tabbed out was a great feature.

-xTc- ExisT
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2014-01-09 20:50   
The more I play with this new cloak, the more I love it. And I'm probably the only one on my faction who thinks that way, LOL

I've noticed something now I've never noticed before.
Cloak has 2 functions: Gaining superior attack position, and escaping.

With this new cloak, you can only do one. You can't commit to battle and escape. It's either or, and you have to decide, given the situation, what you want to use it for. Should I use cloak to gain position on my enemy's aft,waiting the entire cloak duration while regenerating my energy to full and repping my armor? Or should I go in guns blazing, keep a close eye on my energy and use cloak to escape?

Here is the awesome part. Whichever I decide to do, engage or escape, I can now do it PERFECTLY with 0 CONSEQUENCE. If I and my teammates use cloak to get behind you, you are going to have a really bad day unless you jump, I am outnumbered or you have reflective(lol) or your ship counters mine. If I decide to escape, if(and that's a very big IF) I am able to achieve cloak I WILL escape, with a perfectly fuctioning, 0 energy draining cloak. That of course depends on how much energy I have after attacking or if they lock me with ECCM or not

That's just how I see it.
Most people see timers or limits or huge energy cost. I see a better working cloak, that you now have to be smart with

Pand0rum (Dragoon)
Marshal

Posted: 2014-01-09 21:01   
[/quote]
I attempt to jump to the lowest populated faction when I join, because I don't find the game very fun when I'm on the outnumbering team. If other players want to, they can do the same, but few people see it the same way.
[/quote]

That is why I have considered being all faction with no fleet as of recently, but i still have not come to a total conclusion. I agree with what everyone has been saying about how numbers in factions rule the battles in this game though. The K'luth aren't overpowered, Rather, they win because they have the numbers when they need it the most.
Sorry this is a bit off topic of recent discussions on this overal topic, but I figured I'd speak my mind.

[ This Message was edited by: Pand()rum. on 2014-01-09 21:04 ]

Hell Bender
Grand Admiral
K'Luth Revolution

Posted: 2014-01-16 22:12   
It's good to see the Kill Board with all but a single kluth kill in 24 hours. Guess the new cloak is working out to the other side's expectations and the kluth are finally being pushed out.

(Somewhere before I posted this) Someone said Kluth had numbers when needed.. then why all the changes to the dynamics of stealth? Just saying, you can't praise it before just to use it to nerf it after.

Never on the kill board, that I've seen, has one side been so dominated by the other two. Guess that issue is now fixed with the kluth no longer dominating half the galaxy. Why not just remove them?

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it.

Email Hell Bender
Orkan [OO-XII]
Grand Admiral
The Myrmidon Legion

Posted: 2014-01-17 01:34   
K'Luth = Balanced.

Quote:
On 2014-01-16 22:12, Hell Bender wrote:
It's good to see the Kill Board with all but a single kluth kill in 24 hours. Guess the new cloak is working out to the other side's expectations and the kluth are finally being pushed out.

(Somewhere before I posted this) Someone said Kluth had numbers when needed.. then why all the changes to the dynamics of stealth? Just saying, you can't praise it before just to use it to nerf it after.

Never on the kill board, that I've seen, has one side been so dominated by the other two. Guess that issue is now fixed with the kluth no longer dominating half the galaxy. Why not just remove them?

The fact that the K'Luth are making less kills on the killboard has little to do with the new cloak and more to do with the numbers of people playing on various factions. I am not the first to say this. It is down to population. The K'Luth are being 'pushed out' because less people are flying K'Luth.

There are committed K'Luth Pilots, skilled and deadly who are still masterful at their art. Full respect due.

There are also many Pilots, who used to fly K'Luth often but have taken a dislike to the current mechanic or perhaps feel an urge to try out the other factions and have stopped Flying Luth. Time will tell where their loyalties will finally reside.

Many K'Luth Pilots it seems from the above feedback actually like the new cloak changes.

The Change in MI space also proves that things are back in balance. Indefinite cloak was perhaps the reason why the MI failed to beat back the invading Luth into Kaus Borealis, Tetra or Xi Bootis. After all how can an ai script engage an enemy it cannot target or detect?

I have never flown K'Luth in MI space in 1.7 but that must have been a backwater pres farm for true.

There is however nothing really amiss to the way things have changed, people must adapt and isn't that the one single thing of which we must all be certain in life.
A good Pilot is a good Pilot regardless of the changes in their equipment. Their equipment limits their performance but cannot dull their intellect or potential.

The K'Luth, as a faction, are an excellent adversary and it is great to see that this change has finally sorted the men from the boys.

Email Orkan [OO-XII]
Hell Bender
Grand Admiral
K'Luth Revolution

Posted: 2014-01-17 02:15   
Quote:
On 2014-01-17 01:34, Orkan [OO-XII] wrote:
K'Luth = Balanced.

Quote:
On 2014-01-16 22:12, Hell Bender wrote:

The fact that the K'Luth are making less kills on the killboard has little to do with the new cloak and more to do with the numbers of people playing on various factions. I am not the first to say this. It is down to population. The K'Luth are being 'pushed out' because less people are flying K'Luth.

There are committed K'Luth Pilots, skilled and deadly who are still masterful at their art. Full respect due.

There are also many Pilots, who used to fly K'Luth often but have taken a dislike to the current mechanic or perhaps feel an urge to try out the other factions and have stopped Flying Luth. Time will tell where their loyalties will finally reside.

Many K'Luth Pilots it seems from the above feedback actually like the new cloak changes.

The Change in MI space also proves that things are back in balance. Indefinite cloak was perhaps the reason why the MI failed to beat back the invading Luth into Kaus Borealis, Tetra or Xi Bootis. After all how can an ai script engage an enemy it cannot target or detect?

I have never flown K'Luth in MI space in 1.7 but that must have been a backwater pres farm for true.

There is however nothing really amiss to the way things have changed, people must adapt and isn't that the one single thing of which we must all be certain in life.
A good Pilot is a good Pilot regardless of the changes in their equipment. Their equipment limits their performance but cannot dull their intellect or potential.

The K'Luth, as a faction, are an excellent adversary and it is great to see that this change has finally sorted the men from the boys.

IF you are correct, then the company is in sad shape... taking more than 12 years (I'm using my start date because I don't know DS's right off) to figure out Perma cloak is bad? (I don't think so but, we all know that already)

BTW, youngin's these days complain about the current cloak... We had perma cloak with jump and firing abilities before without being able to be pinged or beacon'd.
That should put into a bit more perspective. Kluth adapt every so often with the changes to cloak, I'm just kind of tired of it. Takes away from what I consider a good game that just needed more people.

OH and update the manual, it's misleading. Says Kluth get perma cloak and sit and hunt the other factions and that just ain't true anymore.

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it.

Email Hell Bender
Boerenkool
Marshal

Posted: 2014-01-17 03:13   
well i guess ugto no longer have twice the hp for armor layers and icc dont get the extra shield layers from aux gens, so we dont get infinite cloak.

maybe think of adding faction specific options instead of removing/reducing them? think that will reduce complaining in all factions. cause now the faction differences been reduces to "kinda". Kluth can kinda cloak, icc ships are faster and more maoevrable with kinda longer range and kinda more recharge on the shields vs armor, but kinda less dmging, and Ugto now only have kinda more armor hp. change kinda for "a lot"?

or is this an intermediate step towards something bigger in changes for balance? so many questions, so little mv time

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2014-01-17 07:36   
Quote:
On 2014-01-17 03:13, EppleFlep wrote:
well i guess ugto no longer have twice the hp for armor layers and icc dont get the extra shield layers from aux gens, so we dont get infinite cloak.

maybe think of adding faction specific options instead of removing/reducing them? think that will reduce complaining in all factions. cause now the faction differences been reduces to "kinda". Kluth can kinda cloak, icc ships are faster and more maoevrable with kinda longer range and kinda more recharge on the shields vs armor, but kinda less dmging, and Ugto now only have kinda more armor hp. change kinda for "a lot"?

or is this an intermediate step towards something bigger in changes for balance? so many questions, so little mv time

uhh icc still does get extra layers from aux gens, ugto armor is about 20% stronger per arc, but lower regen then shields, and luth armor

Email Borgie
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Page created in 0.016238 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR