Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Whats the idea
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Whats the idea
woodburner
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2014-01-06 11:38   
I thought the idea behind Kluth cloak and weapons was to use cloak to get close and open up at close range with our powerful weapons

With this patch and your timer idea you are changing the way Kluth are played and not for the better

our wepons are mostly for close range and our cloak is to allow us the opertunity to get close but now the cloak is almost usless

There was a patch a long time ago with cloak enegery drain and it got binned quickly why on earth did you bring it back.

There is no point in my opinion that this timer will be any better for how Luth should be played

Bring back our cloak as it was intended to be please.

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2014-01-06 12:31   
Quote:
On 2014-01-06 11:38, woodburner wrote:
I thought the idea behind Kluth cloak and weapons was to use cloak to get close and open up at close range with our powerful weapons

You still can do that.

Quote:

With this patch and your timer idea you are changing the way Kluth are played and not for the better

K'luth cloak has always been an issue and has been through so many revisions that i'm surprised people can say with a straight face "the way K'luth are played"

Quote:

our wepons are mostly for close range and our cloak is to allow us the opertunity to get close but now the cloak is almost usless

You can still do that. You just can't use it to sit around forever or run away without penalty anymore.

Quote:

There was a patch a long time ago with cloak enegery drain and it got binned quickly why on earth did you bring it back.

Because it didn't solve either of the above problems

Quote:

There is no point in my opinion that this timer will be any better for how Luth should be played

Bring back our cloak as it was intended to be please.

And what exactly is cloak "intended to be" in your opinion?

woodburner
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2014-01-06 14:44   
And what exactly is cloak "intended to be" in your opinion?
[/quote]

Well Cloak shouldnt have a timer and shouldnt cause so much energy drian you cant use it.

All that happens when you use cloak is you go at 3gu and can get near the plant camping humans.

In my humble opinion cloak should mean cloak without massive engery drain and without a timer.

Luth armour is weak compared to the uther factions and thats why we have cloak to survive.

woodburner
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2014-01-06 16:51   
ICC-Sheilds
UGTO-Armour
Kluth-Cloak

I dont see no timer on the other two

Why do luth have to be penalized we aint that OP

I mean how OP are harpex missles I am not moaning about them, I just would like to see the only advantge Luth got restored and not handicaped

[ This Message was edited by: woodburner on 2014-01-06 16:55 ]

Ignorance
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2014-01-06 17:20   
My idea:

Keep the 'Energy cost to cloak' mechanic, but remove the timer on the cloak. This means that teamwork will play more of a role in combat, specifically sieges against ICC or UGTO. (i.e. get a team together with at least one engineer or command ship. The engineer will build a bunch of recon platforms that provide ECM.) Cloak under the ECM of the platforms, then head into the planet's range, that way you have sacrificed no energy to cloak.

This may seem to be an unfair advantage, but since it requires more teamwork on the k'luth part, it should allow for less superiority when soloing.
It is absolutely true that the Luthies have far inferior defenses compared to the other factions, and that should have been precisely the reason why we had the cloak. Like I suggested in a few posts past, do not nerf our cloak AND our (chitin) armor. It is downright stupid and provides a stupid advantage to the opposing factions, because they can just lie in wait until our cloak dies, then rip us to shreds easily.

Fatal Afro Man *NCO*
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2014-01-06 18:09   
Quote:
On 2014-01-06 17:20, Zylgrox wrote:

because they can just lie in wait until our cloak dies, then rip us to shreds easily.

You're in an ICC fleet....

Ignorance
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2014-01-06 18:19   
Applying emphasis. Sorry.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2014-01-06 18:38   
Quote:

because they can just lie in wait until our cloak dies, then rip us to shreds easily.

Or you could just attack like you are supposed to do, not hide forever. Thats not the purpose of cloak.

Cloak is a tactical tool - its design has changed with Kluths design, and now Kluth designs are much different than they ever have been. Lots of forward heavy weapons that deal more damage flat out than human factions, and armor that isn't nearly as weak as it used to be.

I think people are using argument that no longer apply to this version of the game.

I get it.. its nice to be able to cloak whenever you want and not worry about prestige loss. I get that its nice to be able to get those "damn planet campers" whenever you feel like in a way that other factions cant.

But thats not intended, it never was. Kluth cloak was supposed to break... but it never worked out that way. Kluth chitin armor was supposed to be better protection - not THE protection. So now we have this, and in many ways its better. And now Kluth can be played the way it was intended to be. You have all those ships at your disposal for a reason.

-Ent
[ This Message was edited by: Ent on 2014-01-06 18:41 ]

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2014-01-06 20:48   
Quote:
On 2014-01-06 18:09, Fatal Afro Man *NCO* wrote:
Quote:

You're in an ICC fleet....

I LOL'ed

El Guapo
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2014-01-07 09:24   
I'm not going to quote any one, nor am I going to qq the new patch.

What I will say is this.

I played for awhile yesterday, I enjoyed playing for the first time in weeks.
It will take some time to adjust and work out how to play k'luth again. But we will.

I know it's more balance now as we where able to move the UGTO out of Procyon. 1 cruiser with flux and emp couldn't stop 3 k'luth players.

I also know it's better because the UGTO got on their knees and begged the ICC to let then work together....

We out numbered them by a couple, and other than lost prez, I enjoyed myself.

The Fridge
Chief Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2014-01-07 11:57   
Quote:
On 2014-01-06 16:51, woodburner wrote:
ICC - Pulse Shield
UGTO - Flux Wave
Kluth - Cloak

I do.

Quote:

Why do luth have to be penalized we aint that OP

[ This Message was edited by: The Fridge on 2014-01-07 11:58 ]

Azure Prower
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2014-01-08 23:14   
Quote:
On 2014-01-07 11:57, The Fridge wrote:
Quote:
ICC - Pulse Shield
UGTO - Flux Wave
Kluth - Cloak

I do.

ICC - Shields
UGTO - Armor
K'luth - What's the advantage again?

In previous builds where K'luth was meant to be the "hit and run/close up and in your face" faction; which I assume what this new cloak nerfs were trying to achieve. Back then. K'luth had faster jump drives. K'luth no longer has that advantage. Thus K'luth has become a gimped UGTO.

[ This Message was edited by: Azure Prower on 2014-01-08 23:18 ]

Walrus of Apathy
Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2014-01-09 00:18   
Quote:
On 2014-01-08 23:14, Azure Prower wrote:
[
In previous builds where K'luth was meant to be the "hit and run/close up and in your face" faction; which I assume what this new cloak nerfs were trying to achieve. Back then. K'luth had faster jump drives. K'luth no longer has that advantage. Thus K'luth has become a gimped UGTO.

K'luth still have faster JDs, they're even faster in 1.7 than they were before. K'luth JDs go 3600 gu/sec while the humans only go 2400 gu/sec.

Email Walrus of Apathy
Azure Prower
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2014-01-09 00:21   
Quote:
On 2014-01-09 00:18, Walrus of Apathy wrote:
Quote:
[

K'luth still have faster JDs, they're even faster in 1.7 than they were before. K'luth JDs go 3600 gu/sec while the humans only go 2400 gu/sec.

I was talking about the cool down.

Orkan [OO-XII]
Grand Admiral
The Myrmidon Legion

Posted: 2014-01-09 03:23   
Quote:
Quote:
On 2014-01-07 11:57, The Fridge wrote:
Quote:
ICC - Pulse Shield
UGTO - Flux Wave
Kluth - Cloak

I do.

ICC - Shields
UGTO - Armor
K'luth - What's the advantage again?

AHR - No other faction has a gadget than can repair Hull so quickly.

There is also ELF tech to regain energy lost.

That's the advantage.

Cloak finally has a condition to it - something which balances it. Imagine if ICC could spam v to their hearts content with no cooldown and destroy all missiles, fighters and mines everytime with no negative effect. That was how cloak used to be. Imagine an ICC weapon so powerful It would render all those missiles, mine and fighter ships useless by default. Fun? No. Challenging? Extremely. Fair? Not by a long shot. Why fly a ganglia if it's missiles were always PD'd, You would have more core cannons on a Krill. That's what cloak used to be: a 'V' weapon which unbalanced the game.

[ This Message was edited by: Orkan [OO-XI] on 2014-01-09 04:10 ]

Email Orkan [OO-XII]
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.033846 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR