Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Kluth Scenario
 Author Kluth Scenario
The Fires of Orion
Admiral

Posted: 2014-01-14 01:31   
Can we please get more kluth Scenario maps im sick of UGTO vs ICC it's boreing

Email The Fires of Orion
Chewy Squirrel
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2014-01-14 02:18   
I'm pretty sure very little to no development work is going into scenario nor will it ever again. Play in the MV. Scenario is just a bonus that is constantly up for complete removal(again).

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2014-01-14 11:34   
Theirs actually a large number of scenario maps that are in rotation and it follows a logical chain progression, if I remember correctly. Some notes:

1) Their is one map that is considered the entry point and the text for it states it very much so - something something "the peace between the UGTO and ICC is broken" etc etc

2) If one side wins a certain number of maps in a row but then loses before entering a "Home Territory" one it usually results in a "theoretical" stalemate that resets the scenario server to the entry point map.

3) If one side manages to push into either of their "Home Territories" but is then pushed out the maps will start to mention "flanking maneuvers" and the k'luth will show up at Sirius.

4) From here it matters who wins The battle of Sirius.

If the k'luth win the k'luth start to push out leading to the ICC and UGTO allying up against them. If the k'luth continue to win they'll conquer both CD and SOL and the server resets. If they are rebuffed it's a "theoretical" stalemate and the server resets

If the ICC win they will push into SOL and I believe the K'luth will ally with UGTO eventually (and the ICC will push into K'luth space). If the UGTO win they will push CD and the ICC will ally with the K'luth (and the UGTO will push into K'luth space eventually too). If either side managers to hold them off then it it stalemates and resets.

This is how I remember writing the flow charts a VERY long time ago. I don't know if they've changed since then or not.

Also the scenario server is not the focus of development and probably will never be. Every time it's taken down some people complain and it goes back up. It's kind of in limbo.

tl;dr: Their are K'luth scenario maps you just need to figure out how to get to them. I'd say only a quarter of the maps don't feature k'luth
[ This Message was edited by: Fattierob on 2014-01-14 11:35 ]

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2014-01-14 14:48   
Quote:
On 2014-01-14 02:18, Chewy Squirrel wrote:
no development work is going into scenario

yes.
Quote:
nor will it ever again.

no.

and adding to what fattierob said,

Chewy Squirrel
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2014-01-14 15:50   
Scenario in its current form is used for 3 things:
-Farming for transport badge
-Farming for privateer badge
-Farming for construction badge

I was one of the people who asked for scenario back when it was first nixed. But I was talking about the original pre-SY scenario server where you could log in to any faction and fly around and shoot people in a hotly contested small map, while trying to capture the right mix of planets to get all of the resources you need to build up friendly planets. It was a more fast paced and arcade-ish version of the MV.

Now it is spend 1 hour making an SY planet, then spend 30 minutes mining for each dread you want. And if only one faction gets a built up SY because someone happened to login to get some construcion prestige, the other side has no chance of catching up if someone else is playing (which granted is unlikely). Or you login to scenario with 1 hour left and no SY making playing there pointless. Or you login to see it is one of the maps with only barren planets.

The current version of scenario is not what was asked for, and I would not mind seeing it removed again.

Page created in 0.014372 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR