Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Wtf?
 Author Wtf?
Grand Cross
Midshipman

Posted: 2014-01-18 03:43   
This is the seventh timee one of my accounts has been reset without my consent. I'd like for sum1 to plz explain to me y the heck my newest acc got wiped.. I had gold on everything and was flying a battle dread i'd like my acc to at least b restored to that much i culd care less bout the 2 mil credits i had stockpiled for an emergency..
[ This Message was edited by: Grand Cross on 2014-01-18 04:11 ]

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2014-01-18 04:17   
You should submit a support ticket here with all the basic information that you can remember.

Basic info, including but not limited to the concerned account name.

Chances are, that if you enter the metaverse with that account, the account profile will get updated to the correct values.

Grand Cross
Midshipman

Posted: 2014-01-18 05:23   
logged in and found the right profile, for some reason it didn't show up on my email thing when i thought i forgot my account. i assumed i had changed it to grand cross but, this makes no sense it should've shown up when i entered my email... this is the second time my password has been changed without my knowledge and the first time my email was changed along with it.... this sucks big dinosaur... well u get the picture right? if i can't get my account back then i'm giving up on ds altogether since the stupid email bullcrap isn't working for me in the right ways either and i know ds isn't going to add more ways to recover your password... maybe something to update ur email should you change it AND forget your password.... the giving my email address to reset my account password didn't work for me the first 6 times i tried to use it on my many main accounts so why in the seven circles of heck should it work now...

[ This Message was edited by: Grand Cross on 2014-01-18 06:14 ]

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2014-01-18 06:28   
submitting a ticket is perhaps the fastest way used by old players who have lost their old accounts.

its not a guaranteed to be successful for everyone, but ive seen the DS staff help people recover their accounts in real time.

forums can be read by anyone (like me), but submitting a ticket will help the men in suits prioritise and centralise the process of helping you. this gets even faster if you can spend some time in the GCQL lobby and look out for (or be looked out by) any admins on the prowl

Grand Cross
Midshipman

Posted: 2014-01-18 07:31   
Quote:
On 2014-01-18 06:28, Forger of Destiny wrote:
submitting a ticket is perhaps the fastest way used by old players who have lost their old accounts.

its not a guaranteed to be successful for everyone, but ive seen the DS staff help people recover their accounts in real time.

forums can be read by anyone (like me), but submitting a ticket will help the men in suits prioritise and centralise the process of helping you. this gets even faster if you can spend some time in the GCQL lobby and look out for (or be looked out by) any admins on the prowl

but there's still one big problem... even if i do recover my account what in the world changed it's email address in the first place and how do i stop it from happening again? the password was also changed too, could there b a bug in the system that specifically targets inactive accounts? or does the bug if it exists simply target me?

Sheraton*XO*
Chief Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2014-01-19 13:14   
Quote:
On 2014-01-18 07:31, Grand Cross wrote:
Quote:
On 2014-01-18 06:28, Forger of Destiny wrote:

but there's still one big problem... even if i do recover my account what in the world changed it's email address in the first place and how do i stop it from happening again? the password was also changed too, could there b a bug in the system that specifically targets inactive accounts? or does the bug if it exists simply target me?

All passwords for all accounts were reset due to a security issue last year. An email was sent to the email account tied to our accounts. if the email address is no longer valid or is not functioning, or you do not have access to it. I suggest doing what Forger suggested and submitting a support ticket. Usually the admins are very quick in rectifying the issues.

-Sheraton

Twilit Keel Mountains traversed at last we met a dragon who spoke thus: \"Sheraton am I who interprets the signs.\"

Grand Cross
Midshipman

Posted: 2014-01-19 17:39   
i gave my ticket and was denied. i want my money back, all of it i spent. i had an up to date password, but it isnt working. im sure id b better off playing EVE online anyways. my account had an email, it just wasn working and its up to date. ds is dead to me. everytime i build up an account bs like this happens. wasted money i spent on it since i cant get either account back....
[ This Message was edited by: Doran on 2014-01-19 17:45 ]

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2014-01-20 01:55   
No-one but you and/or anyone else you give the email/password combination to has access to your account. We reset all passwords a year ago as a precautionary measure when we discovered one of our machines had been compromised, but the database was secure.

Anyone can request an account have its password reset if they know the email address associated with that account. However, the email with the information is sent to that address, meaning only you have the information to login. So to get access to an account, you'd have to find out the email associated with it, sent a reset request, login to that email account, retrieve the new random password, login to that account, and then change all the info. Which, you guessed it, isn't do-able unless they have access to your email account.

All reset requests are sent via email and look a little something like this:

This message is to inform you that your password has been reset for your account.

Remote IP: 127.0.0.1
Loginname: Username
Username: Username2
New Password: GsdFasDfFa

* This is an automated message, please do not reply.

So you see, it's not an issue on our end. Nothing on our end magically changes email addresses to previous ones which we have no way of knowing. Would be absolute mayhem if it did, but as you can probably imagine, we'd have quite a lot of people complaining if it did, and as we don't, and I wrote the system, I'm going to go ahead and say it doesn't, because it doesn't.

I did, however, find one very remote account of yours, and this one was linked to it along with this topic.

http://darkspace.net/index.htm?module=forums.php&page=/viewtopic.php?topic=50204&forum=100&3

If this is your account, and you created a topic some time ago about the email not working any more, then perhaps you should have changed it to one that works? You cannot fault the game for not having an up-to-date email (no matter how hard you may try).

So if the account you're on about is 'Musashi Miyamoto', we can sort this out for you if you submit a support ticket, but, if I may make a blunt suggestion, you may want to change that tone of yours.
[ This Message was edited by: Pantheon on 2014-01-20 02:18 ]

Page created in 0.021245 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR