Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Weapon Cooldown
 Author Weapon Cooldown
TitaniumFinger
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2014-01-19 13:21   
So when I install a weapon cooldown mod my weapon recharge times stay the same. Shouldn't they get shorter? Has anyone else experienced this?

Chewy Squirrel
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2014-01-19 13:36   
Unfortunately you are the latest to be punk'd by poor enchancement descriptions. Weapon cooldown mods reduce the time between projectiles in a volley(i.e. the 3 shots of a gauss gun will fire more quickly one after another) and are kind of worthless.

Weapon condenser mods reduce the amount of energy a weapon needs to be ready to fire again and so it will also lower the amount of time it takes to recharge. So these are what you want and will lower weapon recharge time as expected.

Orkan [OO-XII]
Grand Admiral
The Myrmidon Legion

Posted: 2014-01-19 13:38   
Quote:
On 2014-01-19 13:21, TitaniumFinger wrote:
So when I install a weapon cooldown mod my weapon recharge times stay the same. Shouldn't they get shorter? Has anyone else experienced this?

Yes that is exactly what I experienced. Time for cooldown seemed the same or possibly a tiny bit faster,

In ver 1.69 of DS I was using Beta to experiment with different enhancements before purchasing them.

I outfitted a then ICC missile cruiser with 8 advanced weapon cooldown enhancements for an increase of 48%.

I presumed that this would lead to a significant reload time for my Missiles and I would be able to fire salvoes noticably quicker, 48% quicker in fact.

When I launched my ship and counted the reload time between salvos the time difference was so negligible (it seemed like literally one or 2 seconds faster) that I concurred that cooldown enhancements were not worth using and were a waste of a good enhancement slot. If I was looking to do damage, I may as well have used Weapon Multiplexors for a greater effect.

If I have done something wrong or if the enhancement does something different then pls tell me, I have heard that weapon cooldown enhancements are a great way to increase ICC DPS but was so disappointed with my 1.7 beta Missile Cooldown mod experiment that I have been put off trying it on anything else.

Now however with a change to the missile dynamics I feel i will try this again, especially with the new AR missiles whose reload time is longer, perhaps the effect will be more noticeable and thus more useful.

In the interests of proper scientific method I should really be more rigorous in my experimentation but, sigh, you know...

What have other people found?

Aaah Chewy! Thanks! You posted just as I was writing! [edit]

[ This Message was edited by: Orkan [OO-XII] on 2014-01-19 13:40 ]

Email Orkan [OO-XII]
TitaniumFinger
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2014-01-19 15:07   
Thanks!

Kinthalas
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2014-01-21 04:38   
Yes, Chewy nailed this one.

However there is still and very good argument for using cooldown for cannon weapons! It will put your shots closer together, making it harder for the enemy to dodge them. This will help you score more hits against smaller and/or faster ships (icc I'm talking about you here!).

It might not be as good as 24% dmg or 24% efficiency (that really does make your weapons cool down 24% faster) in all situations. However, when you account for the number of shots that miss altogether.. and then factor in a faster burst, that more of the shots hit with.. it can still be a very good option.

Boerenkool
Marshal

Posted: 2014-01-22 05:24   
coolers work better if you cannonfire from long ranges. so yes its a nice thing for an icc ship to have. I also used it pretty succesfully a while on a psi cannon thari enhanced dessy.

Condensors work their magic if you find yourself lacking 50 energy after each duel to finish the other guy. also works like a charm on hvy energy using ships like the line dread or ganglia. But yeah for ganglia i like instant firepower before im forced to jmup out in 30 sec:P. But rlly, should try em on line dread icc

Page created in 0.013156 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR