No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +14.1 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » New structures
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author New structures
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2014-02-09 06:07   
Quote:
On 2014-02-08 23:13, DiepLuc wrote:
Quote:
On 2014-02-01 15:56, Sheraton *XO* wrote:
Here is an idea. Multiple depots on planets.

Multiple depots on planets may not be accepted. But how about multiple kinds of depot?
Say, the normal depot repairs everything. If there are distinguishing depots, then it may worth building. Such as hull depot (1.5x repairs hull, 0.5x repairs else), armor depot (1.5x repairs armor, 0.5x repairs else). A planet is still capable of building.

"Battery Recharger" 1.5x Energy gain, "Shield Transfer System" A balanced increase of shield regen comparable to regular depots.

Definitely something I wouldn't mind seeing happen.

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2014-02-09 21:23   
Would a planet only be able to have one of those special types per planet, ie, a shield charging planet wouldn't be able to do normal repairs?

jamesbob
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2014-02-09 23:08   
Quote:
On 2014-02-09 21:23, Fluttershy wrote:
Would a planet only be able to have one of those special types per planet, ie, a shield charging planet wouldn't be able to do normal repairs?

It would be required. Otherwise it will be pretty much return of the ugto depot tanking.

And we all know how painful that was.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2014-02-10 01:18   

I'm not sure if this is already happening, or has been pitched.

But in order to use a planet's repair facility, be it the existing Depots... or future shield rechargers, etc etc, I think it would be fair or better if ships are set to ORBIT before any sort of repairs or services commence.

That way, you can't have a dread skim past his planet at 20GU's and getting his reps in while fighting off 2 or 3 defenders who have to deal with him, and possibly def plats and planetary defs.

What say you?

jamesbob
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2014-02-10 04:35   
Quote:
On 2014-02-10 01:18, Kenny_Naboo wrote:

But in order to use a planet's repair facility, be it the existing Depots... or future shield rechargers, etc etc, I think it would be fair or better if ships are set to ORBIT before any sort of repairs or services commence.

That way, you can't have a dread skim past his planet at 20GU's and getting his reps in while fighting off 2 or 3 defenders who have to deal with him, and possibly def plats and planetary defs.

What say you?

Not the best idea but certainally not the worse idea suggested for depots.

Also its 300 gu for a small planet and not at all for anything mycopia or larger (because fun fact mycopia radius is about 325 gu (give or take 25 i didn't go and check it within the last 5 seconds)

Or did we decide to nerf the depot repair radius from a planet.
[ This Message was edited by: jamesbob on 2014-02-10 04:36 ]

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2014-02-13 08:23   
Quote:

What say you?

the basis of idea looks reasonable to me. forcing ships to enter orbit is a bit too harsh though.

a better way might be to link ship speed to the repairs received by the ship from all external sources (why only depots? ).

something along the lines of 100% repairs at 0 speed, which linearly falls off to 0% repairs at 5 gu/s or greater speed. would make in-combat repairs harder by involving strategies ^^

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2014-02-13 10:10   
Quote:
On 2014-02-13 08:23, Forger of Destiny wrote:
Quote:

What say you?

the basis of idea looks reasonable to me. forcing ships to enter orbit is a bit too harsh though.

a better way might be to link ship speed to the repairs received by the ship from all external sources (why only depots? ).

something along the lines of 100% repairs at 0 speed, which linearly falls off to 0% repairs at 5 gu/s or greater speed. would make in-combat repairs harder by involving strategies ^^

Personally I quite like the idea of needing to orbit a planet to be repaired by the depot on it and needing to be stopped before repair plats will repair you, leaving only player flown supply ships able to repair people who are flying around. Then again even with that UGTO stations would still be able to sit on a field of plats to repair faster than half a dozen ships can damage them so maybe plats should be limited to only OOC repair?

Reloads should be kept to "drive by" status though, it would suck if all you needed to do to keep a Carrier, Torpedo, or Missile ship shut down was shoot at it once every few seconds with an ECMed cannon Scout.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2014-02-13 21:55   
Quote:
On 2014-02-13 10:10, Talien wrote:
Quote:
On 2014-02-13 08:23, Forger of Destiny wrote:
Quote:

What say you?

Personally I quite like the idea of needing to orbit a planet to be repaired by the depot on it and needing to be stopped before repair plats will repair you, leaving only player flown supply ships able to repair people who are flying around. Then again even with that UGTO stations would still be able to sit on a field of plats to repair faster than half a dozen ships can damage them so maybe plats should be limited to only OOC repair?

Reloads should be kept to "drive by" status though, it would suck if all you needed to do to keep a Carrier, Torpedo, or Missile ship shut down was shoot at it once every few seconds with an ECMed cannon Scout.

Personally I think reloads and repairs should fall in the same category. I mean... how would you reload a ship that's travelling at several thousand mile per hour??

This would be fair to all factions.

You would have to be in orbit around a planet for the SY to work, so why not the depot? For both reloads and repair.

Plus, I also like the idea of being stationary for a plat to service your ship. How would drones be able to do any useful work on a ship that's maneuvring all over the place?

This will simply make the choice of repairing your ship more tactical or even strategic. That includes placement of repair facilities around the front lines.

Orkan [OO-XII]
Grand Admiral
The Myrmidon Legion

Posted: 2014-02-13 22:11   
I like the orbit to repair idea.

I also like the full stop to be repaired by a plat idea.

Flyby reload works for me coz you can refuel a plane mid air so drones could do something similar, reps are more technical.

But please oh please do something to make sure the plats begin repairing ship after ship each and every time when at a supply plat location without all those double jump and/or shooting at plat shenanigans. That must be a turnoff for new players for real.

Fixing it so that plats resupply the jump drive to full as well as reload correctly every time would also be great although I appreciate that that may be down to 'packet-loss' connection issues (am I right?).

Laters

Email Orkan [OO-XII]
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.016328 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR