- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +21.1 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Bizaro
15th - *Flash*
9th - Uziel Lt. Seraph

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » PLatform Abusing
 Author PLatform Abusing
Musashi Miyamoto
Admiral

Posted: 2014-01-31 12:53   
yea u heard me right players are literally making it hard to cap anything because theyre spamming plats near planets... I would suggest making a bare minimal amount of plats for each server 10 plats per server.. this will end having an engi defend an entire planet using plats.. to be honest the 30 limit is too high especially when those 30 are surrounding an sy planet.. it would take a couple of dreads to wipe out not to mention any players nearby who are eithe buildin more plats, or shooting the dreads upthus increasing the number of players req to actually cap a planet... This widea will reduce the server load drasically...

Steveyk
Chief Marshal
Non Omnis Moriar

Posted: 2014-01-31 13:00   
Change target?

Email Steveyk
Xavier I. Agamemnon
Grand Admiral
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2014-01-31 13:15   
Only YOU can stop platform abuse.

Xavier I. Agamemnon
CD/I.C.S Spartacus
HC/I.C.S Athena
CDD/I.C.S Achilles
Leader of the Exathra Alliance Fleet.

Email Xavier I. Agamemnon   Goto the website of Xavier I. Agamemnon
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2014-01-31 13:53   

It's not like you have to attack the heavily defend and well fortified shipyard planet or anything.

Sheraton*XO*
Chief Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2014-01-31 18:54   
Actually, considering that now a group may have to defend multiple planets, and taking into account how many recon plats they may have in a particular server group for observation purposes, I actually think that a cap of 30 is now relatively reasonable since we are all no longer being funnelled into one central system for fighting. In places like scenario, I suppose it would still be a concern, but the majority of players do not tend to go into scenario so it doesn't necessarily matter.

Additionally, platforms are less of an issue now, than they were in 1.692 because they no longer contribute to the capture of a planet.

-Sheraton

Twilit Keel Mountains traversed at last we met a dragon who spoke thus: \"Sheraton am I who interprets the signs.\"

Musashi Miyamoto
Admiral

Posted: 2014-01-31 18:54   
Quote:
On 2014-01-31 13:53, Fattierob wrote:

It's not like you have to attack the heavily defend and well fortified shipyard planet or anything.

if u want to cap a system in mv then all sy must go otherwise theyll keep rebuilding.. its ridiculous to have that many plats around the last sy. either that or make a respawn timer to keep defeated players from respawning right away.. but that would b ridiculously hard to implement while this suggestion makes it so players use better strategy then just spamming platforms aroud the last sy in a system.. this is especially true if it IS the last planet in the system... i thought this game required strategy but seeing how engis can fend off a dread with a buttload of plats makes no sense in a strategic mmo.. i can see that in single player strategy games like command and conquer but i really cant see the point in an mmo.... pehaps a limit to how many plats can be built around a planet itself would be better, however i do not think that will be easy to implement either... u could also increase the res req to build plats to slow down their progress or increase the build time.. half of the battle is knowing and the other half is preparation...
[ This Message was edited by: Musashi Miyamoto on 2014-01-31 18:59 ]

Ravendark
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2014-01-31 21:07   
in real battle i dont think it matters much how many plats there are, at least not that much it would be a problem.

unless you are alone.

wich can happen.

but this game isnt designed to be played alone

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2014-01-31 21:20   
Quote:
On 2014-01-31 18:54, Sheraton *XO* wrote:
Actually, considering that now a group may have to defend multiple planets, and taking into account how many recon plats they may have in a particular server group for observation purposes, I actually think that a cap of 30 is now relatively reasonable since we are all no longer being funnelled into one central system for fighting. In places like scenario, I suppose it would still be a concern, but the majority of players do not tend to go into scenario so it doesn't necessarily matter.

Additionally, platforms are less of an issue now, than they were in 1.692 because they no longer contribute to the capture of a planet.

-Sheraton

If anything, I feel like we don't have enough platforms. I'd love it if engineers could spam weak, but quick to build/kill platform turrets. Could be a real battle engineer. And then add in more platform variants until we get true deep space bases (that may become important to destroy in their own right, like space station shipyards).

I'm allowed to dream.

Sheraton*XO*
Chief Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2014-01-31 21:25   
Quote:
On 2014-01-31 21:20, Ent wrote:
Quote:

-Sheraton

If anything, I feel like we don't have enough platforms. I'd love it if engineers could spam weak, but quick to build/kill platform turrets. Could be a real battle engineer. And then add in more platform variants until we get true deep space bases (that may become important to destroy in their own right, like space station shipyards).

I'm allowed to dream.

*quickly begins drawing up schematics for the flagship dreads new layouts under this system*

Twilit Keel Mountains traversed at last we met a dragon who spoke thus: \"Sheraton am I who interprets the signs.\"

Kinthalas
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2014-02-01 10:37   
Quote:
On 2014-01-31 21:25, Sheraton *XO* wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

-Sheraton

I'm allowed to dream.

*quickly begins drawing up schematics for the flagship dreads new layouts under this system*

Yes.. plat spam can happen. They don't count towards planet control at all now though.

That given, it's so easy to whipe them out.. 1 dread even against a planet with 10 def and 3-5 allegiance, can take out 5+ plats.. (if you're kluth.. probably 8+).

Depending on your ship type, you might even be able to take them all out without even being hit by the planet they are around. Plats don't seem out of whack to me at all really, other than maybe they build a little to fast (only with a t3 engi and 80% build, but what doesn't build to fast?).

Steveyk
Chief Marshal
Non Omnis Moriar

Posted: 2014-02-01 13:49   
As far as im aware he is talking about using the plats as defense not to cap a planet so i just cant see the problem.

and i like Ent idea but maybe the plats dont have to be so weak maybe just have a very short time limit say 2 mins?

Email Steveyk
Orkan [OO-XII]
Grand Admiral
The Myrmidon Legion

Posted: 2014-02-01 16:15   
I don't see a problem with platforms. 30 work just fine.

If anything I feel it is too few to adequately guard important system planets or clusters. As a compromise 30 are fine to guard key points. Recon plats are more important than ever in this DS version, as remarked above, so other plats are even more useful and needed. Too often plats are maxed at 30 and I still feel more help is needed at this point or this point.

This is a team game and a cannon assault team can lay waste to even 30 plats fortifying a planet very quickly.

Lone wolf style single play is now designed to be less impacting upon the game world and that is how I feel it should be.

If an engineer wants to spend time constructing defences that put off an assault then surely they have proved the battlefield effectiveness of such a strategy.

I too am in favour of more platform types especially a 'one per faction' shipyard platform space station station as well other types of limited number of heavier armoured as well as damage outputted varients of the existing plats that we now see.

I do not feel that limiting the time of span of any platform needs any adjustment as this will mean that plats will fade away just as the engineer is comin round to build again resulting in a tier 3 engineer ship with max build drones being able to 'infinte' build plats with a massive prestige boost.

The reason that an engineer may 'spam' platforms is simply because they are

1 good at it

and

2 have a specifically modded ship tier 3 ship which enables them to build fast

- and they deserve it after all those hours of waitng to build plats in 2 and a half mins when they were first starting out they can now build in about 15-20 seconds or more. That's deserved progress.

The claim that they can simply respawn and keep doing it shows their persistance and to counter it you need to keep destroying their highly damaged engi ship the moment it relaunches.

For this you will need a cohesive team.

Eventually the engineer will be discouraged not least because of the shame of being destroyed so many times but also because their upgraded build drones will be losing durability with each kill. They only have 20/20 if new and after that the ship will not be able to build anywhere near as fast so you have to be relentless in keeping up the pressure.

If you can't see it launch after destruction then you need to make sure there are no nearby recon plats hiding it or that the planet itself does not contain antisensor bases which can mask the ship from your targetting computers.

Respect to the engineer who can hold off an assault force soley in their engineer on their lonesome versus an outnumbering attacking force which can't get their act together.

Miyamoto It seems you are complaining because you are not achieving what you once were able to alone but you have to understand that the nature of this game has changed since 1.7 and a team has to work together extremely well to achieve its goals. It is possible and that is the challenge.

Work with your group to achieve your goals. That is how you achieve your own set victory conditions, 'chasing charlie round the Mekong delta' only distracts you from your initial purpose which was to cap that planet so you need to break down your assault into stages.

I'll leave the rest to you.

Enjoy!

[ This Message was edited by: Orkan [OO-XII] on 2014-02-01 16:19 ]

Email Orkan [OO-XII]
Chewy Squirrel
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2014-02-01 16:25   
Just think of it this way, every time you blow up that T3 80% engineer you are costing that player 60 cents of real life money

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2014-02-05 10:36   
Quote:

Cut down the price of platform 10 times; halves the building time; double the resource consumption of plat would do the trick.

Page created in 0.019835 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR