No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +4.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - James Bum007

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » 1.703 Feedback
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author 1.703 Feedback
Sheraton*XO*
Chief Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2014-01-31 21:37   
Seeing as there is no thread for 1.703 feedback I just thought I would simply make one.

-Sheraton

Twilit Keel Mountains traversed at last we met a dragon who spoke thus: \"Sheraton am I who interprets the signs.\"

Kinthalas
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2014-02-01 10:32   
Well.. new feedback forrum and all..!

I love the new cloak, and any kluth crying about it is crazy.. it's a nerf, that is actually a buff in disguise!

With this change.. we can move faster, regain energy when cloaked, fire while cloaking, pd while cloaking, JUMP while cloaking.. it's literally an *makes the holy had raising jesture* 'ahh!' moment.

Alzek15
Admiral

Posted: 2014-02-01 13:44   
Really loving some of the role comboes that i didn't expect, lookin' at you arsenal ships.

Cloak is interesting and i like it.

Shield recharge is dang near beautiful ooc.

Looks like a great patch so far.

Email Alzek15
Orkan [OO-XII]
Grand Admiral
The Myrmidon Legion

Posted: 2014-02-02 21:19   
I have noticed that out of 3 different computers I have played this game on, sometimes the ship hull of whatever ship I am flying becomes transparent. This is across ICC and recently I have see this when flying K'Luth ( : O ) and is nothing to do with cloak. Sometimes this fixes itself, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes the model becomes transparent and then is back to normal only to go transparent again later.

Someone in game has said that pressing 'q' sometimes brings the ship model back to normal, strangely this 'sometimes' works, again sometimes it doesn't.

This needs addressing.

Thanks!

Regarding missiles:

I like the increased range of missiles that is a good idea. Personally I feel that some type of missile should operate just on the verges of sensor range say 4000 or even 5000 gu with perhaps a lower damage output.

Overall I feel missiles should have greater damage as they are easily countered by team tactics or even minimal platform deployment.

Even with 4 ICC ships firing missiles on 1 target it is hard to make a kill and simply takes too long to inflict damage. The target often jumps away. It is akin to fireworks rather than actual missiles. In modern combat it takes just one direct hit to knock out a fighter and a even one cruise missile can sink a ship.

Missile lock should be feared and not something that a pilot can cruise around in and say, ok, well I can take around 15-20 more of these before I pop. That extends combat for way too much.

Someone in another post stated that it is very difficult to make kills since 1.7 came out. I realise armour has been buffed all round and this increases teamplay which is good but fights do seem to last a touch too long, especially from an ICC perspective versus UGTO or even K'Luth.

I feel missiles should damage in the way that less salvoes should make a kill on each ship class so:

With 3000gu range missiles: (high range - low damage 'strike')

eg 5-6 missile salvoes from a missile cruiser ship should be enough to destroy an enemy cruiser (more or less according to enemy armour and shield strength) with target ship PD on say 3-4 hits with PD off

Likewise around 5-6 missile salvoes from a Dread class ship should be enough to finish another Dread. Target PD being on.

A missile class cruiser should be able to finish a dread in around 10-12 salvoes. Agaijn target PD on.

a dread should finish a cruiser in 4 salvoes with target PD on.

Missiles should be hard hitting and intimidating as they are very easy to counter.

With 1500 gu missiles: High damage-low range - 'skirmish' with present cooldown values

cruiser on cruiser 3 salvoes = destruction of target - 1.5 mins till destruction

dread on dread 4 salvoes = destruction 2 mins till destruction

cruiser on dread 6 salvoes = 3 mins till destruction

dread on cruiser 2 salvoes = 60 secs till destruction

These are rough figures and I realise my maths is a bit off but missile ships are so easy to counter that their fire support should truly feel dangerous.

Destroyers, frigates and scouts should want to jump asap as soon as they hear lock from the missiles of a greater ship type. They are in a better position to dodge and remember stacking up in a team would mean that most missiles won't get through because of teammate PD and evasive flying.
Eccm cover should be a greater priority when facing low signature missiles.

it should take around 6 salvoes of strike missiles to destroy a ship of the same class and 3 salvoes of skirmish missiles with the target's PD off as a general rule of thumb.

This should always provide the pilot with ample time to think do I fight or jump and reposition.

Presently in 1.703 ships can happily continue a dogfight with an enemy knowing that they it will be ages before they need to worry about damage from the incoming missiles. Even with multiple locks and missile salvoes inbound. The lock sound should be a warning that they seriously need to reconsider the value of pursuing their current target.

Also the missiles seem to be less accurate according to the distance the launching ship is from the target. Sometimes missiles can completely miss a stationary object which just doesn't seem right.

Sound effects depending on missile type should also be diversified.

There should be a different warning tones according to which missile type has been fired, say long or short range. Misiles from different ship class should also sound slightly different eg capital missiles should sound different from cruiser class missiles. Even missiles with low sig should have a different tone to alert the target that PD will most probably be ineffecvtive against the incoming salvo.

Fighters should have their own lock on sound eg warm female computer voice "Warning Fighters inbound"

There should also be a different sound effect for friendly fighters providing covering fire, the standard enemy missile lock sound effect is confusing and makes you think you are being attacked.

Could there be a way we could configure all sound effects ourselves with our own .wav or .mp3 files clientside? I'm sure many a player would like to find their own or use Trekkie or Star Warsian sounds!

To be honest your weapon effects are not that great either. Missiles are a great rumbling sound but many cannons don't sound great. I really like the valance cannon, you got that spot on! (Disruptors sound cool too in my opinion it's the rails that sound underwhelming)

I feel I am happy with the cooldown of the two different missile types but I believe that damage accross the board for missiles should be greatly increased keeping within your proportions for the difference between long and short range types (i.e damage output of the triple missile launch versus the single missile salvoes)

Regarding cloak I feel it is a nice change. I like the cooldown timer incorporated into the gadget (blue bar goes up, blue bar goes back down - neat!)

Timings for cloak seem to work well. I need to fly Luth a bit more to be able to comment on other aspects of the changes that this patch brings.

That's all the feedback that I can give for now.

[ This Message was edited by: Orkan [OO-XII] on 2014-02-03 08:14 ]

Email Orkan [OO-XII]
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2014-02-05 01:03   

Good suggestion for the sound effects. But the game need someone who knows how to sample sounds and edit them to create something brilliant.

Who's up for it?

Orkan [OO-XII]
Grand Admiral
The Myrmidon Legion

Posted: 2014-02-05 02:10   
Anyone could sample this and save as .wav then convert to .mp3

It would then be up to devs to implement it should they choose to do so.

Try these two text to speech websites as an example,

type in your sample text

eg

Proximity alert

Battlestations

warning enemy fighters inbound

warning incoming fighters

warning missiles inbound

warning capital strike missiles inbound

warning capital skirmish missiles inbound

warning shields low

warning armour low

warning hull integrity critical

friendly fighters providing cover

Danger will robinson danger : P

and select the voice of your choice, you can even add reverb on the first site!

Try emily (uk) or play around with the settings till you find a suitable voice

http://www.oddcast.com/home/demos/tts/tts_example.php

eg sample for K'luth:

Uutaka k'luuati wazaratanak (paste this in) select voice alan (australian) speed: slow

alternative text to voice generator (not as good imo)

http://text-to-speech.imtranslator.net/

now just for someone with a nice sound card to record the output on a program like wavelab or something and send in the files to development.

It would actually be a great addition. Personally i really miss the tactical/navigation soundeffect - was it taken out due to resource load?

These sound effects could be entirely on the client side and be optional of course.

[ This Message was edited by: Orkan [OO-XII] on 2014-02-05 03:35 ]

Email Orkan [OO-XII]
Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2014-02-05 04:57   
Quote:
On 2014-02-02 21:19, Orkan [OO-XII] wrote:
I have noticed that out of 3 different computers I have played this game on, sometimes the ship hull of whatever ship I am flying becomes transparent. This is across ICC and recently I have see this when flying K'Luth ( : O ) and is nothing to do with cloak. Sometimes this fixes itself, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes the model becomes transparent and then is back to normal only to go transparent again later.

i have noticed and confirmed this glitch. it seems to occur when the ship is accelerating, and is above a certain velocity (for UGTO cruisers, it was around 6 gu/s). slowing down did not cause it.

just a hunch, but it might have something to do with how minimum detection range varies with ship speed.

as for the rest of v1.703, well, i like it!

-DBS
Marshal

Posted: 2014-02-05 18:01   
Quote:
On 2014-02-05 04:57, Forger of Destiny wrote:
Quote:
On 2014-02-02 21:19, Orkan [OO-XII] wrote:

i have noticed and confirmed this glitch. it seems to occur when the ship is accelerating, and is above a certain velocity (for UGTO cruisers, it was around 6 gu/s). slowing down did not cause it.

just a hunch, but it might have something to do with how minimum detection range varies with ship speed.

as for the rest of v1.703, well, i like it!

^^I also fly Kluth Ships, that look like they are cloaked when I rotate the perspective of the ship... The game is trying to cloak the ship to show me some part of the inside of the ship or my trails from the front through the ship mesh. I can't tell which one it is...
-DBS

Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2014-02-05 23:51   
Quote:
On 2014-02-05 01:03, Kenny_Naboo wrote:

Good suggestion for the sound effects. But the game need someone who knows how to sample sounds and edit them to create something brilliant.

Who's up for it?

http://www.acapela-group.com/

TTS done

Use the WillBadGuy voice.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2014-02-06 12:01   
Quote:
On 2014-02-05 23:51, Iwancoppa wrote:
Quote:
On 2014-02-05 01:03, Kenny_Naboo wrote:

Who's up for it?

http://www.acapela-group.com/

TTS done

Use the WillBadGuy voice.

That was so much fun.

Especially when I used Queen E's voice to do a Bruce Willis.... ala "Yippie Kai Yay, Mutha Trucker!!"

Ignorance
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2014-02-06 16:30   
The transparency might have something to do with ship visibility to the enemy, with transparency indicating full or partial stealth status.

If you can, try to see if there is a correlation between transparency and stealth status.

arturkor
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2014-02-07 05:49   
Not sure why it is not yet there but is it possible to assign shields power redirection from additional keyboard to arrow keys on main keyboard. Most of the people use laptops today, and those not always have that additional numpad. On the other side - arrow keys are not used and could be assigned for shields. Because that is the main reason why I can not play ICC at the moment ))

Jim Starluck
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2014-02-07 17:28   
Quote:
On 2014-02-07 05:49, arturkor wrote:
Not sure why it is not yet there but is it possible to assign shields power redirection from additional keyboard to arrow keys on main keyboard. Most of the people use laptops today, and those not always have that additional numpad. On the other side - arrow keys are not used and could be assigned for shields. Because that is the main reason why I can not play ICC at the moment ))

You can assign shields to number groups just like you can with weapons and other gadgets.

Email Jim Starluck
Point Of No Return
Chief Marshal
United Nations Space Command

Posted: 2014-02-10 18:02   
bad move giving the ugto armors with massive damage reduction since most of thier ships have 9 armor slots that 3 per arc and 1or 2 albative armors renders them immune to all but a few ICC weapons and planet bases. So I was wondering was this intentional too give UGTO a pass on ship loss while caping planets and fighting ICC combat?

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2014-02-11 10:28   
Quote:
On 2014-02-10 18:02, Point Of No Return wrote:
bad move giving the ugto armors with massive damage reduction since most of thier ships have 9 armor slots that 3 per arc and 1or 2 albative armors renders them immune to all but a few ICC weapons and planet bases. So I was wondering was this intentional too give UGTO a pass on ship loss while caping planets and fighting ICC combat?

those are exactly the kind of ships the AD will excel in crushing with energy beams and fusion torpedoes. i suspect mines also do energy damage, which would make the ICC minelayer dread a winning partner for combat dreads.

ablative armor is meant to force enemies into close combat. on the flip side, the heaviness of ablative makes ships less likely to survive close combat.

the problem that remains is, how will enemies know that a certain ship has ablative armor or not. its nearly impossible to know that in advance, aside from sending scouts near enemy SYs to check for ships refitting armor.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.023665 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR