No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +1.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Doran

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » 1.703 Feedback
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
 Author 1.703 Feedback
Chewy Squirrel
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2014-02-20 20:53   
I too find it hard to believe the claims that the minuscule turning rate advantage ICC has is enough to stay on a single damaged arc with the enemy ship rotating. It seems to me speed would be more important in this case as you would have to reposition along with the damaged arc, and the speed of ICC and UGTO is exactly the same.

You almost never see a UGTO ship blow up with anything more than 15-25% armor remaining at most.

Rykros1987
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2014-02-20 22:37   
Quote:
On 2014-02-20 20:53, Chewy Squirrel wrote:
I too find it hard to believe the claims that the minuscule turning rate advantage ICC has is enough to stay on a single damaged arc with the enemy ship rotating. It seems to me speed would be more important in this case as you would have to reposition along with the damaged arc, and the speed of ICC and UGTO is exactly the same.

You almost never see a UGTO ship blow up with anything more than 15-25% armor remaining at most.

Except in the case of dreads. I think I saw one blow up with 36% armor left once. But then again dreads turn so slow that almost anything can stay on one arc...

And hitting a kluth ship in one arc constantly is very hard to do....cloak + really light armor means your going to be chipping at all 4 armors at least some before you can reach hull in 1v1. Only larger battles seems to be an exception.

Hmm...I would say that people just argue that point simply because of shield rotatability....despite the fact that in non-1v1 battles of larger scales shields rarely end up being effectively rotatible.

Also most ugto ships meant to engage targets in battle like say cruisers...not only have more armor per plate/composite shape armor...but they tend to have several layers.

Like the Phalanx. A ship that has 3 front plates 2 side plates per side,2 rear plates, and a all around plate. Which translates to...5.2x a icc cruiser strength shield in front coverage...and a possible....4x shield coverage for each side/rear. So what if we have the ability to rotate shields. The total shield hp collectively on most ships is a joke. So its either replace all of our reactors and lose mobility to make ourselves sturdier(or suffer from power issues while being mobile)....or we can be flimsy and despite shield rotation get torn into pieces when charging enemy GROUPS. Which is what the game is mainly about.

Now I find things still seem kind of balanced despite this if we keep our distance and abuse distance....but if we get close...well....you won't ever see me fly an ad into an enemy fleet of close combat ships.
[ This Message was edited by: Rykros1987 on 2014-02-20 22:51 ]

Mefeng
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2014-02-20 23:31   
Quote:
On 2014-02-20 20:13, Ent wrote:

Its up to the skill of the pilot.

If you're not, then you're done for. The entire game is much like that now.
[ This Message was edited by: Mefeng on 2014-02-20 23:34 ]

Probably the reason why the game has so few players left.

The Fridge
Chief Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2014-02-21 05:45   

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
Page created in 0.008953 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR