Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Some basic game fixes (descriptions etc..)
 Author Some basic game fixes (descriptions etc..)
Kinthalas
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2014-02-01 10:44   
Not sure if this is the forum to post this in, but there are a number of wrong descritpions since the 1.7 update (all 3 battle stations..). Also a typo or two that have been spotted.

If it's possible to give me access to change these in a small file of one sort or another (I don't have much exp with programming, just some basic c++, but no compiling exp..) that I can use, edit, and send back in..

I'd fix all of this for you guys, I very much enjoy this game and would love to help with anything that I can help with!

PS - don't want access to anything important, don't want free play or anything like it.. I'll sub as long as I can afford to pay for it (at least 10 months of the year), just let some of us that really enjoy the game help improve it for everyone else.

I just know I haven't spotted Azreal on for over a month now.. the 'rat' *cough*Mousey*cough* even changed his name, but I still haven't spotted that pest on! These are great players that I might hate to play against *cough* but they can help all the new players with some pointers.
[ This Message was edited by: Kinthalas on 2014-02-01 10:56 ]

Kinthalas
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2014-02-01 10:57   
Also.. who doesn't get props for joining on new year's day? ;p

Steveyk
Chief Marshal
Non Omnis Moriar

Posted: 2014-02-01 13:44   
Only if you joined when you were to young to be drunk.

Email Steveyk
Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2014-02-01 21:01   
Paste the fixes here and we can paste them in easily !

Walrus of Apathy
Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2014-02-01 21:49   
I've gone and fixed the Battle Station descriptions, but yeah if you could point out some of the typo'd ones we can easily go in and fix those up.

Email Walrus of Apathy
Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2014-02-02 10:00   
when you try to scrap an enhancement, it says "Confirm scraO of enhancement".

very old, this typo

Kinthalas
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2014-02-06 12:07   
Ok, swore I remembered them, but can't find them all now (should have made notes!).

I know that the jump cruiser says it has missiles to attack your enemy. It does have the planet siege missiles, not sure if that's what was meant.. or if the description needs to be updated for a bomber.

Sheraton*XO*
Chief Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2014-02-07 22:25   
Quote:
On 2014-02-06 12:07, Kinthalas wrote:
Ok, swore I remembered them, but can't find them all now (should have made notes!).

I know that the jump cruiser says it has missiles to attack your enemy. It does have the planet siege missiles, not sure if that's what was meant.. or if the description needs to be updated for a bomber.

Line stat still has the description that includes ion cannons.

Twilit Keel Mountains traversed at last we met a dragon who spoke thus: \"Sheraton am I who interprets the signs.\"

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2014-02-08 08:13   
For the love of god, change the plasma cannon description so people stop saying it 'burns through armor'

A more accurate description, technobabble aside, and not necessarily with these words, is that it is a mid to short range torpedo/cannon hybrid which maintains its potency at all ranges and packs a significant punch at the cost of a long charge time, lower velocity and less range when compared to the psi cannon.
Also the plasma cannon deals a different type of damage than psi cannons, so that would be an important tidbit to know if you're fighting the UGTO.

I suggest including somewhere in weapon descriptions what damage type a weapon uses.
For the longest time I thought torpedoes were kinetic, not energy.

Kinthalas
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2014-03-06 14:39   
Ok, refound and/or remembered a few..

First off in anything with a wormhole generator.. you changed the hotkey to Y. In F2 view though it's still set as B to generate, and when you're trying to use shift plus the hotkey to make the "emergency WH" it gets kind of tricky.

Another one, and this one actually messes up my play very regularly. If you use a hotkey (ctry+whatever it is) for the nearest supply and you're in a combat station (nest/battle/line) you will target yourself, or if your team has one out.. you will target that player/ai ship instead of an actual supply plat or planet depot.

Kinthalas
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2014-03-06 14:45   
PS - I really enjoy this game and play to the best I possibly can, and because of that.. end up finding some weird bugs! If it's something that can directly effect game play in a major way, I just try to let Ent know.. because he's good peeps!

With that said.. I really wish you guys could fix the chain cloak, I've noticed a few other kluth players finding it by accident now. I really do like this version of cloak, it seems fair.. but if I can recloak almost instantly and for the full duration, with no cooldown from the last cloak..!

If needed a good friend has video of the bug recorded, so you have visual proof of it if needed.

Page created in 0.020549 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR