Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Age of Scenario
 Author Age of Scenario
TroyMars
Chief Marshal
T-Roy! and Friends

Posted: 2014-03-12 02:41   
In the age of scenario it's almost worthless to play a map that doesn't have at least 2 good planets because the metal cap on planets limits you to non-dreads. If there's one good planet like Le in Epsilon Eri, will make the whole game off...

Email TroyMars
Kinthalas
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2014-03-12 10:19   
Barren planets can make a dread or a station even, just start the ship building in ship selection with the shipyard planet selected. If the planet is at the 100k cap, it will use 90k of it and leave10k for the planet. As more res gets to the planet from mining or being unloaded from a ship, it will use them to continue building the ship still leaving that 10k on the planet.

When the ship is ready you will get a message in chat that your ship has finished. When you dock, it will be available.

Subtilizer
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2014-03-12 10:22   
While i haven't played for nearly an age cant you just queue a ship in the shipyard?
(IE. Res is siphoned off to make your ship until the planet reaches 10k ie. try to spawn a dread with only 50k it'll go down to 10k and be 20-something % complete. Keep dumping res until the ship is complete.)

Of course this this feature was never documented anywhere and 90% of the playerbase is ignorant of these kinds of things (although it was poorly implemented to start with) it should allow you to spawn a station from a barren.

It's funny to spawn a dread in cyg in scenairo since all the newbies accuse you of cheating.
EDIT: damn ninjaed
[ This Message was edited by: SRM_Kenny on 2014-03-12 10:22 ]

jimjimjaroo
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2014-03-12 10:43   
Quote:
On 2014-03-12 10:22, SRM_Kenny wrote:
While i haven't played for nearly an age cant you just queue a ship in the shipyard?
(IE. Res is siphoned off to make your ship until the planet reaches 10k ie. try to spawn a dread with only 50k it'll go down to 10k and be 20-something % complete. Keep dumping res until the ship is complete.)

Of course this this feature was never documented anywhere and 90% of the playerbase is ignorant of these kinds of things (although it was poorly implemented to start with) it should allow you to spawn a station from a barren.

It's funny to spawn a dread in cyg in scenairo since all the newbies accuse you of cheating.
EDIT: damn ninjaed
[ This Message was edited by: jimjimjaroo on 2014-03-13 05:26 ]

I agree. I can't remember when I caught onto it, but I knew about this feature for a while. (Because I've spent a lot of time in scenario) People who don't know about this feature often think it's a glitch and the resources get stuck at 10k. (Or at least from what I've observed) I don't necessarily blame them because of the fact it wasn't documented anywhere.

I think that I will be on later today in scenario to help newbies. I plan to stay on for a while, even if no one else is.

TroyMars
Chief Marshal
T-Roy! and Friends

Posted: 2014-03-13 20:57   
Quote:
On 2014-03-12 10:19, Kinthalas wrote:
Barren planets can make a dread or a station even, just start the ship building in ship selection with the shipyard planet selected. If the planet is at the 100k cap, it will use 90k of it and leave10k for the planet. As more res gets to the planet from mining or being unloaded from a ship, it will use them to continue building the ship still leaving that 10k on the planet.

When the ship is ready you will get a message in chat that your ship has finished. When you dock, it will be available.

I had no idea that would work. I, and I'm gessing most every Scenario player assumes greyed out ships and 100K metal capp means no dreads or stations.

Email TroyMars
Page created in 0.014955 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR