No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +5.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

15th - Rise

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » Notepad Ram Project ****
 Author Notepad Ram Project ****
Demaclese
Midshipman

Posted: 2014-04-06 15:05   
I have been working on a note pad ram project for low ram spec computers. i have refined it many times over and i feel it is time to release it. it is free. non viral, non abusive to any computer system and does not attach to shell.

the program exists of a simple command string that imbeds in your memory and does not use cup or ram to run . file load is small so barley noticed on your dino. the program seeds in onboard ram allowing super expansion and shadow of diskette downloader useing a portion of the lost read speed to ramp your ram. works with all windows lunix. pretty much everything.

also ive added a lil something extra it converts the frame rate to stablize overall graphics preformance. so far any program ive tried (and i mean ive tried to kill it and cannot) ive seen a dramatic increase of over preformance by 20 percent plus.

So, here's what you need to do. It works for both Vista and XP.

Step One: Open up Notepad (it's in Accessories)

Step Two: Type in MYSTRING=(80000000)

Step Three: Save the file as MEMORY.VBE (or RAM.VBE if you like...just remember the .VBE)

Step Four: Make sure you save the file to your DESKTOP.

Step Five: Just double-click the newly created file on your desktop whenever your PC seems sluggish. It will give your RAM a much needed boost.

If you have less than 128mb of RAM (is that possible these days?) change the 80000000 to 160000000 and it should work the same.

and there you go happy GAMEING

Demaclese

Email Demaclese
Demaclese
Midshipman

Posted: 2014-04-06 15:12   
sorry dident know where to put it. thanks for the bump.

Email Demaclese
Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2014-04-06 23:23   
Quote:
On 2014-04-06 15:05, Demaclese wrote:

• i have refined it many times over and i feel it is time to release it.
  • the program seeds in onboard ram allowing super expansion and shadow of diskette downloader useing a portion of the lost read speed to ramp your ram.
  • works with all windows lunix. pretty much everything.
  • also ive added a lil something extra it converts the frame rate to stablize overall graphics preformance. so far any program ive tried (and i mean ive tried to kill it and cannot) ive seen a dramatic increase of over preformance by 20 percent plus.

HOHKAY, SOH.
a quick google search turns up posts as far back as AT LEAST 2008. i doubt you've been refining it many times over in the past 6 years, and if this is something you've created yourself and are just now releasing, someone else has beaten you to the punch.

while admittedly i dont know diddly squat about "seeding super expanded ram", "diskette downloader shadows", or "ramped ram", i dont think any of those things are what's going on here. the above google results make claims what what this string is doing is requesting a large, contiguous section of memory, then releasing it. this in effect prompts the OS to do some housekeeping on allocated memory, where data fragments in ram are moved out to the page file, then back to memory.

while it might well work with all current versions of windows, linux is likely out of the question. unless linux can nativly handle VBScript files, but since Visual Basic doesnt seem to have a linux version, i doubt it.

i dont see anything in your five steps that even looks like it would "convert the frame rate" (from/to what, exactly?). its hardly going to have an significant impact on framerates anyway. it MIGHT, if your game has to go to the hard drive/page file less often, but you can get more of a benefit with more physical ram, and or ram at a higher frequency, and even that's debatable. claiming 20% increase in whatever performance metric is suspect.

this is about legit as downloading more ram.

Crim
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2014-04-07 00:16   
Quote:
On 2014-04-06 23:23, Doran wrote:
Quote:

• i have refined it many times over and i feel it is time to release it.
  • the program seeds in onboard ram allowing super expansion and shadow of diskette downloader useing a portion of the lost read speed to ramp your ram.
  • works with all windows lunix. pretty much everything.
  • also ive added a lil something extra it converts the frame rate to stablize overall graphics preformance. so far any program ive tried (and i mean ive tried to kill it and cannot) ive seen a dramatic increase of over preformance by 20 percent plus.

HOHKAY, SOH.
a quick google search turns up posts as far back as AT LEAST 2008. i doubt you've been refining it many times over in the past 6 years, and if this is something you've created yourself and are just now releasing, someone else has beaten you to the punch.

while admittedly i dont know diddly squat about "seeding super expanded ram", "diskette downloader shadows", or "ramped ram", i dont think any of those things are what's going on here. the above google results make claims what what this string is doing is requesting a large, contiguous section of memory, then releasing it. this in effect prompts the OS to do some housekeeping on allocated memory, where data fragments in ram are moved out to the page file, then back to memory.

while it might well work with all current versions of windows, linux is likely out of the question. unless linux can nativly handle VBScript files, but since Visual Basic doesnt seem to have a linux version, i doubt it.

i dont see anything in your five steps that even looks like it would "convert the frame rate" (from/to what, exactly?). its hardly going to have an significant impact on framerates anyway. it MIGHT, if your game has to go to the hard drive/page file less often, but you can get more of a benefit with more physical ram, and or ram at a higher frequency, and even that's debatable. claiming 20% increase in whatever performance metric is suspect.

this is about legit as downloading more ram.

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2014-04-07 16:32   
I think what you actually meant to say was.

It runs a VB Script that allocates a chunk of memory, making Windows move whatever was there into the Page File, and then immediately deallocates it, freeing up said memory that was moved.

I've no idea what magical turbo boost knight rider 2000 trickery you think this does, but it's not required on Vista or up, and is only really of use if you run any programs with a memory leak.

Opening and then minimising a program does the same thing as that super notepad ram project star star star star.

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2014-04-07 16:33   

Demaclese
Midshipman

Posted: 2014-04-08 12:46   
All i say is haters gota be haters.

And sorry i did not wright it, a friend of mine did told me what i told you. I thaught anywhey it would be a good bit of respit for thoes people that want a faster computer, but do nuthing. Complain about system lag server lag yada yada. now with this posted there is no reason to complain.

and secondly its freeware has been for many many years. ive gotten permission to post it form the owner. So no i dont forge thank you verry much. (So where you scrape up this protected bs beyond me)

and thirdley who cares if you dont want to use it ( ive been useing it for over 3 years it works fine no problem here), just tryn to help thoes that know nuthing about the computer they run. Makn it easey makn it simple( Makeing it cut n Paste)

and last but not least. really its a string of code that helps your computer stop complaining i see alot of that form alot of the higher levels.

well he did this she did that, there not following the rules, must be American.

CommD Demaclese

(Havent loaded my main yet but do i have to really to be heard)

Email Demaclese
Ravendark
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2014-04-10 06:29   
Quote:
On 2014-04-07 16:33, Doran wrote:

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2014-04-22 23:13   
10/10 works as advertised

Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2014-04-26 19:48   
Speaking as a professional programmer, I am insulted that this is being passed off as a "program" which has been "refined" and had "features" added to it.
It is a single line of code which, if Doran is correct, merely chews up a big chunk of memory and then frees it up again. I can't possibly see how it's been refined over time, or how you'd add "an extra something".

I don't often post, but when I do I usually try to avoid being 100% negative.

In this, case, however, I object to the meaningless technojargon and blatant lies in the first post.

Veronw
Marshal

Posted: 2014-04-29 14:24   

Alternatively

[ This Message was edited by: Veronw on 2014-04-29 14:25 ]

Null Pointer
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2014-05-01 14:24   
This thread went rather downhill. Fast.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2014-05-03 00:13   
Quote:
On 2014-05-01 14:24, Null Pointer wrote:

Probably because of this:
Quote:
I have been working on a note pad ram project for low ram spec computers. i have refined it many times over and i feel it is time to release it.

This thing has been around for years, until the commander claimed to have "refined it many times over". LOL

Crim
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2014-05-03 05:30   
Quote:
On 2014-05-01 14:24, Null Pointer wrote:

Good, nerds

Drow
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2014-05-15 18:19   
Where can I download RAM? And can I put it on some SS/SD flopies so I can move it from computer to computer?

Page created in 0.026019 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR