No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +1.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » where is everyone?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
 Author where is everyone?
Jhomes
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2014-04-28 02:29   
i logged on after couple days on being off and all of a sudden icc has the most territory?? Because i know that would be impossible i looked around and there seems to be no opposition against icc and hasnt been for several days since then. Did somthing happen that i missed? Where is everyone?

Chewy Squirrel
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2014-04-28 03:29   
Got bored, and I guess everyone else did too. The problem is that the problem compounds. People get bored, so people stop playing. People get bored because people aren't playing. I know that when I log in and I see that all my faction is doing is capturing planets from a faction with 0 players online, I log off. I have no interest in sitting in orbit around defenceless planets. Similarly, if I see that my entire faction is just sitting in orbit around a planet in an MI system shooting AI as they perform their suicide runs, I log off. I have no interest in standing still and mashing spacebar at AI that fly straight at me. And I'm sure a lot of other players, especially the older players feel the same way.

To a lesser extent, players also log off when they log in and find themselves alone on their faction with half a dozen enemy players in their system.

What we need is something to break up the monotony. A good event or even a minor patch would probably do it.
[ This Message was edited by: Chewy Squirrel on 2014-04-28 12:31 ]

Incinarator
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2014-04-28 10:42   
Chewey is correct. I probably could have stopped the ICC from taking most of kluth space, but I didn't want to fight 3-5 against one odds, especially when most of those players will (did) end up pulling stats. The combination of the the numerical imbalance and current lack of effective counters against stats that aren't other stats (which I hate flying) or dreads (which stats are meant to be good at killing, remember) just made me log.

Hopefully the siege torps can help this problem, but from what I see in beta I'm not holding my breath.

I did want to go fight MI, but not to farm them. I want to capture all of MI space from them, but the death beam makes this pretty much impossible, so I just left.

Events would be nice... or just any objective that isn't KILL ALL REDS, really.

[ This Message was edited by: Incinarator on 2014-04-28 10:47 ]

Ham&Swiss
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2014-04-28 14:10   
Quote:
On 2014-04-28 03:29, Chewy Squirrel wrote:
... older players feel the same way.

To a lesser extent, players also log off when they log in and find themselves alone on their faction with half a dozen enemy players in their system. ...

[ This Message was edited by: Chewy Squirrel on 2014-04-28 12:31 ]

A Simple solution would be for 1-2 non faction associated players to simply swap sides. If ICC is the highest played faction right now, go play as Luth or be Uggly for a day or two.

Last time I played, the bugs had more players then the ugglies, but they had better stats so yadda yadda yadda...

Now I come back, and it's the otherway around. If I left and came back in a few weeks, I'm sure Luth would be back on top. Keep in mind this is essetially a live risk board where there are players in/out 24hrs a day.

H&S

*Flash*
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2014-04-28 14:13   
Ive said so many times that DarkSpace doesnt have enough players for a map like this. 1 sistem for each faction and another one in the middle of the conflicts should be enough and players could find a fight easyer.

Email *Flash*
Incinarator
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2014-04-28 16:31   
Quote:
On 2014-04-28 14:13, *Flash* wrote:
Ive said so many times that DarkSpace doesnt have enough players for a map like this. 1 sistem for each faction and another one in the middle of the conflicts should be enough and players could find a fight easyer.

I can agree with this, but only if each faction got at least one cluster that wasn't capturable. Logging in to find you have lost the only system you have wouldn't be very fun.

AutoTimer
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2014-04-29 09:32   
Quote:
On 2014-04-28 16:31, Incinarator wrote:
Quote:

I can agree with this, but only if each faction got at least one cluster that wasn't capturable. Logging in to find you have lost the only system you have wouldn't be very fun.

a smaller map would definetley help with searching for combat and increase the ferocity of fights

JackCrackerMan
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2014-04-29 13:17   
Quote:
Quote:

Why not just get more people into Ogre (scenario battles)... back in my day there used to be on average 30-60 people playing Ogre in the evenings, now that was fun not to mention it forces everyone into smaller ships... no popping in as a dread or station immediately.

Email JackCrackerMan
DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2014-05-01 10:33   
Quote:
On 2014-04-29 09:32, AutoTimer wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
On 2014-04-28 14:13, *Flash* wrote:Ive said so many times that DarkSpace doesnt have enough players for a map like this. 1 sistem for each faction and another one in the middle of the conflicts should be enough and players could find a fight easyer.

a smaller map would definetley help with searching for combat and increase the ferocity of fights

Agree with all above ideas.
Ideally, we may have 1 ugto, 1 icc, 1 kluth, 1 mi, 1 pirate, and 1 neutral constelation (or cluster whatsoever) in the hydra map with one uncapturable home planet for each faction.

There is an idea I think of: more constellation for specific ship. Say, you enter A constellation which is for destroyer and and non combat (no scout no frigate no dread...), B which is limited to cruiser and non combat (no destroyer no station...). There is a rank lock. I wonder if staff can set ship lock.

Incinarator
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2014-05-01 14:58   
Quote:
On 2014-04-29 13:17, Penny Wise wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Why not just get more people into Ogre (scenario battles)... back in my day there used to be on average 30-60 people playing Ogre in the evenings, now that was fun not to mention it forces everyone into smaller ships... no popping in as a dread or station immediately.

They don't want people to play on scenario. If you play on scenario you won't buy enhancements since they dissapear after every match and thus will not be giving DS any money.

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2014-05-01 19:31   
Quote:
On 2014-05-01 14:58, Incinarator wrote:
any

less.

Quote:
On 2014-05-01 10:33, DiepLuc wrote:
Ideally, we may have 1 ugto, 1 icc, 1 kluth, 1 mi, 1 pirate, and 1 neutral constelation (or cluster whatsoever)

this is what im hearing

[ This Message was edited by: Doran on 2014-05-01 19:34 ]

Code Red
Chief Marshal
Non Omnis Moriar

Posted: 2014-05-02 09:23   
Maybe its the "lets all play on one faction" thats going on with icc at the moment , no-one else is really bothering , i wonder why?

Code Red, For winning in the 1RA Fleet Wars event, here's your coupon for a week.

Jhomes
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2014-05-02 09:52   
Code red i fail to see your point. the players on icc are the same ones that have been here. there r no ugto players that hav gone icc, there are no kluth players that hav gone icc. The problem is ugto and luth players are not logged on to play for their side, but the icc players have remained on to play just like they always do. Ur suggestion that icc is somehow responsible for your teamates not logging on makes little if any sense.
U are a good player red, as are the rest of your missing team mates. I am sorry they are not here to help you, but i dont see how loyal icc players switching over to help you is going to bring them back.

Code Red
Chief Marshal
Non Omnis Moriar

Posted: 2014-05-02 10:47   
In response to the previous post :
1/ most ICC that are not fleeted and are playing at the moment are players that have gravitated to ICC recently , they can change to a different faction if they see that one side has the numbers , but they don't , it is not hard to man up and change sides so the 5 or 6 vs 1 or 2 becomes more even , BUT THEY DONT.
2/ I have in the past left a faction to help another , it is not hard , be brave.
3/ If you think most of the UGTO are coming back you are sadly very wrong so the playerbase as it is will have to adjust or have no opposition. There is already virtually no luth and UGTO has been in decline for ages.
4/It is the players choice which side they play for , it shows their true character though when they knowingly all stay on the numerous side and keep up the unbalanced combat.

Code Red, For winning in the 1RA Fleet Wars event, here's your coupon for a week.

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2014-05-03 10:27   
Quote:
On 2014-05-01 19:31, Doran wrote:

this is what im hearing

Odd it looks different then my reference

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Page created in 0.021244 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR