- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +20.7 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Bizaro
15th - *Flash*
9th - Uziel Lt. Seraph

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » where is everyone?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
 Author where is everyone?
Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2014-07-24 07:47   
I don't expect devs to 'fix' the players, and I don't expect them to fix themselves either.
I also don't expect anything I say to really matter to the devs, or anyone.

And that is why I no longer play. Not because I'm not getting my way, but because it's a stagnant wasteland.

BLADERUNNER2019
Chief Marshal
Ravenous Wolfpack Clan

Posted: 2014-08-07 00:23   
Quote:
On 2014-07-11 12:00, Incinarator wrote:
Quote:
On 2014-07-10 22:22, The Phantom of Darkspace[*ROGUE*] wrote:
1.7 ruined the fun!!! why have a tier system if all the ships are balanced?....the most exciting ships to play, the dreads, are now impotent...prestige is too hard to gain, not that it matters because of the lack of dominance in higher tier ships...the map is too big, and it is too hard to find other players...way too many 'swiss army knife' type ships....I could go on and on....maybe it is time to roll back to an earlier version...DS used to be addictive, now it is not worth it to even launch the game

Fixed:

Thank you for the tier system which allows a wide selection of unique ships that have balanced uses. Dreads are still very powerful, but the JD cooldown makes using them not always the right option. Prestiege is still really easy to gain. The map may be too big, but finding other players is hard because we're lazy. The ships in all tiers are relatively evenly balanced, and most ships have a situation where they excell. Good job, devs.

dreads are weak and boring now!!!!!!!....DS USED TO BE PULSE POUNDING!!!

[ This Message was edited by: The Phantom of Darkspace[*ROGUE*] on 2014-08-07 00:24 ]

Senti-Onikawa
Admiral

Posted: 2014-08-08 06:51   
Quote:
On 2014-08-07 00:23, The Phantom of Darkspace[*ROGUE*] wrote:
Quote:
On 2014-07-11 12:00, Incinarator wrote:
Quote:
On 2014-07-10 22:22, The Phantom of Darkspace[*ROGUE*] wrote:
1.7 ruined the fun!!! why have a tier system if all the ships are balanced?....the most exciting ships to play, the dreads, are now impotent...prestige is too hard to gain, not that it matters because of the lack of dominance in higher tier ships...the map is too big, and it is too hard to find other players...way too many 'swiss army knife' type ships....I could go on and on....maybe it is time to roll back to an earlier version...DS used to be addictive, now it is not worth it to even launch the game

Fixed:

Thank you for the tier system which allows a wide selection of unique ships that have balanced uses. Dreads are still very powerful, but the JD cooldown makes using them not always the right option. Prestiege is still really easy to gain. The map may be too big, but finding other players is hard because we're lazy. The ships in all tiers are relatively evenly balanced, and most ships have a situation where they excell. Good job, devs.

dreads are weak and boring now!!!!!!!....DS USED TO BE PULSE POUNDING!!!

[ This Message was edited by: The Phantom of Darkspace[*ROGUE*] on 2014-08-07 00:24 ]

I want to bring something up with respect to this. Last couple days Luth have been whining about ICC having "superior numbers" and at one point, they implied the Missile Dread and Fleet Carrier were somehow the ICC's top offensive ships. They're not. Most anybody has found that even with range as a major advantage, ICC dreads (outside the Combat Dread whose strongest weapons are mediocre at best) are glass cannons. They lack the defensive potential to maintain a presence too long while their offensive capabilities are rendered null by someone spamming plats. The age-old "ICC has numbers" complaint isn't a legitimate argument when you consider anything below a line station doesn't do well 1v1 or in situations where the other side has strategy.

"B=BUT NUMBERS"

And as it's been proven time and again through UGTO, numbers don't mean jack if you've devised a strategy based around the method of repetition. NOBODY enjoys throwing their ship(s) at the enemy planet in hopes of knocking off a couple plats and (possibly) another player before they're either a) forced to withdraw, or b) explode. Peeps also don't like dedicating an entire day to capturing one planet. Plats can't protect a planet forever, but if you have even 1 guy in a missile boat and a bunch of plats, I can almost guarantee that the other side will lose their patience and give up after a while.

No, I'm not say that you should ALWAYS do this, but seeing as the player population has dwindled as of late (part of that being competition luring them in, part of it being the difficulty first-time players face) it's something to consider. Players have preference when it comes to factions (From what I've seen, guys like Jhomes and Sheng are 24/7 365 ICC) and whining and complaining that the "numbers game" is a thing is just that: whining. Faction preference isn't some Zionist agenda to have the other factions removed via disuse. People like what they like.

Any ways, my two cents.

\"That's a good question... I wish I had an answer.\"

Chewy Squirrel
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2014-08-08 12:51   
Quote:

I want to bring something up with respect to this. Last couple days Luth have been whining about ICC having "superior numbers" and at one point, they implied the Missile Dread and Fleet Carrier were somehow the ICC's top offensive ships. They're not. Most anybody has found that even with range as a major advantage, ICC dreads (outside the Combat Dread whose strongest weapons are mediocre at best) are glass cannons. They lack the defensive potential to maintain a presence too long while their offensive capabilities are rendered null by someone spamming plats. The age-old "ICC has numbers" complaint isn't a legitimate argument when you consider anything below a line station doesn't do well 1v1 or in situations where the other side has strategy.

"B=BUT NUMBERS"

I think you misunderstand the luth when that complaint is made. From my experience, the Luth are rarely(if ever) complaining that the ICC have more numbers or that the missile dread is overpowered. What the Luth do complain about, however, is when the ICC outnumbers them 2:1 or 3:1 and all the ICC wants to do is sit at a planetary cluster with 2 line stations, line dreads, and missile dreads. Maybe a combat dread or strike cruiser in the field that we have to fight as we get pounded by dozens of missiles. As we've all seen, Luth will still push the offensive, however we won't be happy about it nor will we enjoy it.

Quote:

And as it's been proven time and again through UGTO, numbers don't mean jack if you've devised a strategy based around the method of repetition. NOBODY enjoys throwing their ship(s) at the enemy planet in hopes of knocking off a couple plats and (possibly) another player before they're either a) forced to withdraw, or b) explode. Peeps also don't like dedicating an entire day to capturing one planet. Plats can't protect a planet forever, but if you have even 1 guy in a missile boat and a bunch of plats, I can almost guarantee that the other side will lose their patience and give up after a while.

No, I'm not say that you should ALWAYS do this, but seeing as the player population has dwindled as of late (part of that being competition luring them in, part of it being the difficulty first-time players face) it's something to consider. Players have preference when it comes to factions (From what I've seen, guys like Jhomes and Sheng are 24/7 365 ICC) and whining and complaining that the "numbers game" is a thing is just that: whining. Faction preference isn't some Zionist agenda to have the other factions removed via disuse. People like what they like.

Any ways, my two cents.

And that's where I get confused. Here you seem to switch to talking about the experiences other factions have with attacking a planet with ICC line stations/line dreads. Unless you are implying that the ICC get annoyed when another faction uses missile ships to defend a planet? Because that would border on hilarious.

Senti-Onikawa
Admiral

Posted: 2014-08-08 16:58   
Quote:
On 2014-08-08 12:51, Chewy Squirrel wrote:
Quote:

"B=BUT NUMBERS"

I think you misunderstand the luth when that complaint is made. From my experience, the Luth are rarely(if ever) complaining that the ICC have more numbers or that the missile dread is overpowered. What the Luth do complain about, however, is when the ICC outnumbers them 2:1 or 3:1 and all the ICC wants to do is sit at a planetary cluster with 2 line stations, line dreads, and missile dreads. Maybe a combat dread or strike cruiser in the field that we have to fight as we get pounded by dozens of missiles. As we've all seen, Luth will still push the offensive, however we won't be happy about it nor will we enjoy it.

Quote:

Any ways, my two cents.

And that's where I get confused. Here you seem to switch to talking about the experiences other factions have with attacking a planet with ICC line stations/line dreads. Unless you are implying that the ICC get annoyed when another faction uses missile ships to defend a planet? Because that would border on hilarious.

With respect to your first point, and as one Luth said to me, "I go in guns blazing. Swerving and strategy are for those focused on prestige". So going off that and the lack of denial on the other luth's part, I can only ascertain that both individuals have no clue about how DS works with respect to defense. One does not simply protect a planet by running into a brick wall constantly. Whining about numbers when you yourself don't bother forming a strategy around a situation invalidates your complaint. Furthermore, the whole "I want balanced teams" argument is a moot point. Balanced teams won't matter when one side is full of idiots and the other utilizes their numbers properly.

Upon the second point, it's not as much that icc inherently fear opposing missile boats or that our two premier glass cannons are so bad they're unwieldly. No, the problem is when, despite LS spam, we can't get a single missile to hit its target because 30 plats are sitting on a single planet. Have you tried to hit 30 plats with missiles alone? Not fun at all. So what does ICC do? We grab a combat ship better suited for close-range... Except that missile boat or otherwise is sitting BEHIND those plats, waiting for the close-range cruiser to try and sneak in.

Pretty much my point is this: Numbers game is only part of the problem. I've seen luth and ugto players face 2:1 from icc and come out victorious. I've seen one side undergunned and STILL hold their own for any amount of time. I won't say the "numbers game" doesn't exist because it does. I WILL say that if you're whinijng about the sides not being even and how unfair it is that one side has the majority of players while you refuse to attempt anything resembling a strategy, you rightly deserve the loss of prestige. You rightly deserve to have your planets capped.

Disagree if you want.

\"That's a good question... I wish I had an answer.\"

Srilthe00
Chief Marshal
Ravenous Wolfpack Clan

Posted: 2014-08-23 16:42   
I:
wouldn't like a smaller map
would like to customize my ship
would like to see centralized area of map where enemies are lit up in systems
don't want to be able to swap to map view and have my cloaked ship seen
would like a much lower cloak drain
don't want to have to logout when an UGTO shows up with his pack buddies.
A K'luth herd should be able to cloak, approach ANY target and blow it to pieces without being dead in the water afterwards.

I think UGTO and ICC would like the idea that at any time they might need a change of underwear and a new spacebar.

I think it's silly that we all share gates to other systems, we should have seperate gates that are repairable/regenerate/damagable

We should be able to build gates with enough resources from and to any locations.

SuperNova10
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2014-08-31 08:26   
Quote:
On 2014-05-01 14:58, Incinarator wrote:
Quote:
On 2014-04-29 13:17, Penny Wise wrote:
Quote:
On 2014-04-28 16:31, Incinarator wrote:
Quote:
On 2014-04-28 14:13, *Flash* wrote:
Ive said so many times that DarkSpace doesnt have enough players for a map like this. 1 sistem for each faction and another one in the middle of the conflicts should be enough and players could find a fight easyer.

I can agree with this, but only if each faction got at least one cluster that wasn't capturable. Logging in to find you have lost the only system you have wouldn't be very fun.

Why not just get more people into Ogre (scenario battles)... back in my day there used to be on average 30-60 people playing Ogre in the evenings, now that was fun not to mention it forces everyone into smaller ships... no popping in as a dread or station immediately.

They don't want people to play on scenario. If you play on scenario you won't buy enhancements since they dissapear after every match and thus will not be giving DS any money.

They would just have to add stuff to buy for the scenario battles. Ya 3-60 people was the norm for the server at most times of the day back then on scenario.

Metaverse is to big to find battles. I just want to be able to log on and get straight into it.

scenario > metaverse

Marshalrol
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2014-08-31 17:26   
I have already tried that been as it may thats not the problem. If you see one side has 2 your side has 5 to 6 at least 1 layer should move to the other side even if the battle still going just tried this that didnt help player count is just low thats all in my opinion.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
Page created in 0.020274 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR