No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +2.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » where is everyone?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
 Author where is everyone?
Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2014-05-06 11:08   
hwat.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2014-05-06 13:50   
Quote:
On 2014-05-06 11:08, Doran wrote:
hwat.

Clearly what he's trying to say is that he wants to see UGTO have a "cannon of tears" superweapon that will function much like the MI deathray. Just look at that UGTO Dreadnought crying tears of death and destruction at that Kluth Destroyer, wouldn't it be awesome if we could really do that?

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2014-05-11 12:01   
Quote:
On 2014-05-01 19:31, Doran wrote:
this is what im hearing

A little tweak to this map
http://1drv.ms/RDg4b9
Quote:
On 2014-05-05 09:50, Doran wrote:
1.5 this mv lasted thru 1.6, with changes to sag because some people didnt like [insert faction here] being right next to [insert other faction here] or being able to sneak around and hit [insert third faction here], and wanted a more limited sag that funneled everyone into a central system.

Those some people might be minority. Cause when their wish came true, the majority left.
I recalled 1.5 was very exciting because people could have easily set up a new invasion anytime. To any target.
So I made up the map comfortably for any faction to go any direction. If you're UGTO, you can pick ICC or Kluth, or go straight to the central system to fight pirate & MI. It's like going to a complex shopping mall, instead of visiting each brand store.

Marshalrol
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2014-05-11 13:27   
Dont normally reply are read many of these topics but i will say this. Darkspace is old school now where it be lack of players now are the time needed to learn the game who knows. What ever is decided darkspace will live on.

Jade Nano
Midshipman

Posted: 2014-05-16 01:52   
One of the big annoyances with this new MV is that it's extremely heavy on the server transfers, and these transfers are glitchy, often kicking one back to the faction select screen, and causing other issues in the way of ships having their subsystems changed to something else.

I don't want to see the game get dumbed down, but having a 4 sector single server map with plenty of combat AI of all classes to fight would at least give new players something to do when its all dead like this.

There was a new guy on earlier who was very aggrivated that all he could find to shoot at was a random transport, and that he ran out of railgun ammo before it could be killed. He said that scenario didn't have any ships either, so I don't know what was going on there.

I love the changes to ships you guys did, but there's simply little to do.

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2014-05-16 10:55   
faustus isnt real keen on scaling back the mv, but he does want to take a look at the issue of ai spawners, when he has time of course, because i think we can all agree they're not behaving as they should.

Andell
Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2014-05-17 14:34   
I had to leave pb, just cause no activity at all, people are leavn and arnt commin bak, leave pb just to ballance the sides isent right had to take a couple 100k resourcs loss seems you cannot keep your ships if you change faction .

so people dont want to play maybee palestar will do something if they cannot make quota. i know ive been here a good bit and really with what they have done to it now, i dont want to sub or pay in or anything.

really just thinking of deletn my admiral.

Email Andell
Dionysian *EP5* (Angel of Destruction)
Grand Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2014-05-17 17:45   
Too much technical discussion here and not enough focus on what the experience is liek for the players.

If players - like - they tell friends, come back.
If players no like - they tell friends - all stay away.

IF DS wants to prosper, then Faustus and the Palestar have to build what will make more people like the game.

The big frustration as i see it is lack of action - driven by 3 things.
1) hard to find people * friendly or enemy when first logging on.
2) risk / reward is too high - especially given crashes / latency issues / onesided teams. very easy to lose lots of pres.
3) the ratio of fun combat / bombing/ action to repairs, finding people / logging in.

In short - when it's good it's a great game - but it's not great enough of the time. I have been playing for 10 years - love the game but can spend weeks logging on - looking for someone to fight for 30 mins then logging off and doing something else instead.

My suggestion is that you need to tackle the 3 issues above by doing some / all of the above.

1) - Make people easy to find by:
smaller MV
Greater intel on where enemy is when logging in.
more in game alerts when enemy seen
Basically - try and concentrate people to drive combat. Even use to spread load by encouraging action in underused servers

2) look at prestige loss for disconnect/ outnumbered etc. Also - why still have the 5% hull on respawnig - a dread takes ages to repair. the enemy may well not wait whilst you're repairing .Yes it may cause some unsportinmg behaviour but pres fines could handle that if too bad. The driver should be fun/ playability - not fairness.

3) need to ensure that people aren't out of the fight too long. Siggest big speed up in drone repair speed if not in combat. it wom;t affect combat adversely but will mean that people out of combat get back in quickly. Pre for repair may need to be adjusted of course.
Linked to this - why hold damage on ships over a MV reset. If i log in tomorrow having damaged my ships today - i might use 1/2 hour of play time just to repair my ships. If everyone is doing that when they log in it's fewer potential enemies for the rest.

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2014-05-18 06:19   
... Last time I logged on Scenario, I found out a new problem: capturing planet.
Well, I was playing ICC and had a hard time to get signature above zero from engineer to frigate in the first scenario map. I could only capture fresh yellow planet.

I have to admit that... i need a lesson/tutorial of how to capture planet in 1.704 alone.

Ravendark
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2014-05-18 08:46   
i dont think devs are really into keeping this game up. it feels like there is no soul put into this game anymore.. just plain work-that-has-to-be-done-cause-boss-said-so. hey no offense, nothing personal, i know you all work for free and have real life jobs and all that.. but game is a sinking boat.
either its time to let the old girl die or salvage, like for real.

get some real management, get people whos job is making games, do something REAL, there is always a way if there is WILL.

plain and simple no bullsharting, i know real life money crisis world ice cap melting thanks obama whatevers, but this game is dying and as long as there are excuses and lots of sarcasm from dev/mods and all the 'manage-the-people' tactics in play...this game is gonna continue on sinking until there will be no way back.

it doesnt matter what you do in next patch, if there is no people.

hint: you can put in flying justin biebers for people to shoot, it will bring people back.

-DBS
Marshal

Posted: 2014-05-21 13:19   
Quote:
On 2014-05-18 08:46, Ravendark wrote:

hint: you can put in flying justin biebers for people to shoot, it will bring people back.

Don't forget a Miley Cyrus (naked) with a wreaking ball attached to her with a chain. Flail FTW
-DBS

me*
Captain

Posted: 2014-05-21 14:21   
Quote:
hwat.

hahaha Doran is very funny haha and you are a mod? how did that happen? Most game mods have no humor

JackCrackerMan
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2014-05-21 15:16   
Quote:
On 2014-05-21 14:21, Please get shorter name wrote:
Quote:
hwat.

hahaha Doran is very funny haha and you are a mod? how did that happen? Most game mods have no humor

We need to survey the newbies like this dude here.

What brought you to the game, what has kept you coming back to day two, what will keep you coming back?

Also, what are your demographics? If a crappy game like farmville can be so popular on social media, why can't some basic advertising money bring a handful of players here?

That being said, the DS Facebook page is weak and I don't know of a DS Twitter account. There are literally billions of people online, snagging .000000006 of that online presence will bring in a wave of great gaming.

Whenever I explain this game to a friend, I start off with the article of the guy that flew across the MV... and it took more than 3 months. (this was over 10 years ago though so I could be wrong). I also explain the epic battles to be had with even a poorly organized group of players.

P.S. Re-enable Shield graphics... that is all.

Email JackCrackerMan
me*
Captain

Posted: 2014-05-21 15:32   
i googled old jewel games list and downloaded some of them

logged in and had some fun fights almost immediatly. not many players around though...the wiki is pretty good on starter guides, helped me a lot, especially navigation sections. I just like old games that survive the time

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2014-05-21 19:12   
Quote:
On 2014-05-21 15:16, JackCrackerMan wrote:

If a crappy game like farmville can be so popular on social media, why can't some basic advertising money bring a handful of players here?

That being said, the DS Facebook page is weak and I don't know of a DS Twitter account. There are literally billions of people online, snagging .000000006 of that online presence will bring in a wave of great gaming.

Farmville just isn't the same caliber in terms of style. And by that I mean Farmville is simpler and easier to pick up, and so the more people that are exposed to it are both willing to give it a shot and willing to keep playing while the fun and addictive elements have a chance to present themselves.

-Ent

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Page created in 0.026412 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR