No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +5.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » Selective change. PLEASE READ
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Selective change. PLEASE READ
Code Red
Chief Marshal
Non Omnis Moriar

Posted: 2014-06-27 06:56   
1- Find a way to balance the numbers in MV.
2- Reduce missile damage across all factions.
3- Remove ability to have multiple SY in the MV , 1 home SY and 1 more only is needed.

Would be awesome start.

Code Red, For winning in the 1RA Fleet Wars event, here's your coupon for a week.

Rain of Fire [O-XII]
Grand Admiral

From: South of Klaus, 14,000 gu from Insanity and 3,000 from Desperation.
Posted: 2014-06-27 08:43   
- Reduce DPS of station and dreadnought missiles.

-Buff dem frigate missiles by 5%.

-Greatly increase frigate/destroyer missile accuracy

Yes, missiles need to be nerfed badly...except for the little guys. Right now, frigate missiles STILL have a hard time even killing transports, and a destroyer will rape the missile ship six ways to sunday without issue.

Frigates are supposed to be fragile, yes, but they should also be able to do more then plink at scouts. I say that while big missiles need buffs asap, the little ones are STILL underpowered, and can barely effect ships one class above them, if they can even manage to hit. Against dreadnoughts or cruisers (which you end up having to use them against in DS right now) they are useless for everything but distracting the enemy PD and finding ECMed ships. 'Course, you can't actually HURT those ECMed ships, but you can FIND them.

-.-

[ This Message was edited by: Rain of Fire [O-XII] on 2014-06-27 08:44 ]
On 2012-11-06 20:23, Tael wrote:
\"Depends who you asked... Praetorian, KC, a few others, and myself use to sit in the lobby and talk out the game...

Convinced more than one new person initially this was a text game. \"

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2014-06-27 10:37   
Quote:
On 2014-06-27 01:56, Forger of Destiny wrote:
personally, i am in disagreement with how a tier 2 ship can retain most of the missiles of a tier 1, while also having most of the cannons of a tier 1 cannon ship.

IMO, wherever a missile role is crossed with another combat role, the ship should have even lesser missiles than they currently have.

theres not much difference between 8 missiles and 10 when your opponent either gets forced into close combat with your other weapons, or tries to get another ship and wastes time.

This is almost a different issue entirely as you can change "missile" for any other weapon type, but I completely agree and had pointed it out several times after checking out the new layouts in beta as they were put in. T2 ships just plain outperform T1s, though personally I find some T3 ships are lackluster in comparison to T2s (I'm looking at you especially, ICC Sniper Frigate). The only real advantage T1 ships have over T2 is more armor.

Quote:
On 2014-06-27 06:48, Jhomes wrote:
Ok first off, telling ppl to just use PD ships to counter missiles is ridiculous, and only shows how little understanding of current DS you have. For example the short range PD beams which lets face it are the only ones that are really going to protect you agaisnt barrages of missile fire have such a short range that missiles often still deal area damage when shot down. This is esp bad with the kluth short range PD as the range is only 100 gu. Also people who use missiles are not stupid, they put each missile on a seperate key to stagger the missile fire, this technique will waste the players PD beams on the first few and the rest get in, this is esp true with the newer skirmish missiles. So please people do not talk to us like we are brainless children as we know this game well and know what works and what does not.

Funny how people are only now bringing up that DN/Station missiles will damage PD ships even when shot down because of the huge AOE radius. If more had tested this in beta it may have been addressed, but as it was there was really just 2 maybe 3 of us who noticed and pointed this issue out. If it takes people actually using PD ships to realize this and bring it up then good, more people SHOULD use PD ships and make it known that it's an issue that has a major negative effect on gameplay.

Incinarator
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2014-06-27 12:47   
Quote:
On 2014-06-27 10:37, Talien wrote:

Funny how people are only now bringing up that DN/Station missiles will damage PD ships even when shot down because of the huge AOE radius. If more had tested this in beta it may have been addressed, but as it was there was really just 2 maybe 3 of us who noticed and pointed this issue out. If it takes people actually using PD ships to realize this and bring it up then good, more people SHOULD use PD ships and make it known that it's an issue that has a major negative effect on gameplay.

This has been a known issue spanning several patches before this last one, all the way back to when I was fighting in a 'station line' and the AoE from UGTO missiles would hit ICC ships even if they PDd the missiles. *and probably before
[ This Message was edited by: Incinarator on 2014-06-27 12:53 ]

*Neon*
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2014-06-27 14:27   
Quote:
On 2014-06-26 19:44, Talien wrote:
Quote:
On 2014-06-26 14:34, *Neon* wrote:
OH WOW! How did we not think of that before?! That fixes all that is wrong with the entire game. All the vets will come flooding back now. Absent fleet members and old enemies we havent seen in ages! Come back all we can fly pd or little underpowered ewar ships! Exciting stuff. Can't wait for all that yummy prezs
[ This Message was edited by: *Neon* on 2014-06-27 14:36 ]

Seriously, all the dumbing down that people complain about has been done for this very reason, nobody is willing to give up fast pres in exchange for filling a vital role in a team. It's often like pulling teeth to even get someone to build or repair a planet that's just been bombed because it's not as much pres as combat. People complain that there's nothing to do then we get more stuff to do and the same people complain because some of the new stuff doesn't rake in the ph4t pr3$tig3 as quickly as combat does.

Then again maybe it's just me because I actually enjoy things like PD and EW. It's fun frustrating the other team by making what they're doing mostly ineffective and can easily cause them to make mistakes. One person in a PD Destroyer can counter most, if not all, of a MD or LS missile volley. Did you ever stop to think that maybe when their missiles are getting shot down that they might switch to different ships?

You are missing the point entirely.......

The point is that things have gotten so bad that there is NOBODY AVAILABLE TO JUMP INTO A PD SHIP!!

I took a couple of months off due to breavement and when I came back ugto was completely deserted. One fleet admin had switched to luth just for the chance of maybe some company. Almost every time i logged in I was opposed by the same two (seriously can you fly nothing else guys) line stations. There only is one faction now. The player numbers speak for themselves.....no one wants to play this game the way it is now

inb4 don't complain if you have no suggestions
I'm sorry I can't even begin to suggest how to fix this. It just angers me when legitimate posts suggesting answers to the deserted dustbowl that is the mv is met with......... PD ships or Carriers with Interceptors to help shoot them down? ECM to make yourselves untargetable to begin with? Just a couple thoughts.

I genuinely love this game. I miss the community. I miss the multi fleet battles. Hell even the fargo rock stalemate used to be fun. The game was broken even then but it was fun, it was populated, players logged in to fight and die and win pres(I thought that was the point Talien)

I'm sorry if this comes off as a rant

I just miss Darkspace

Gekko-Go
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2014-06-28 00:58   
Icc Line ships need looked at badly, espeically considering a user that puts full range enhancements and damage upgrades because who needs defense when the enemy probably won't get near you. /rant

I think station missles, having a larger payload, should be slower, with the possibility of scouts or a properly outfitted frigate being able to outrun them or out manuver.

i also think each pd laser(when ready to fire) should lock onto 1 missle, and if that missle is already locked onto by another pd laser, the pd should chose the next availible target. This will fix the (wonderful) tactic of staggering missles leaving a ship pd-less after the first missle. If a player has their allied tactical link (/ button) on, this information should be shared between the ships to some degree. This would make PD more efficent and by extension more effective for all. Smart PD.

PD should offer some amount of presteige. Ships that focus in PD (Ugto phlanx comes to mind) should gain x2 pres for each pd.

As for ECCM and Cloak:

I would suggest giving the luth back thier infinite cloak. Cloak is their primary weapon to be honest. However, a new device in the eccm suite should be able to 'ping' local space (1k?) and have their diamond appear for 1-2 seconds. If possible, have the diamond appear not where the ship is, but in the aproximate area, and stationary so as to not give away their direction and speed. the closer you are, the more 'exact' the ping. 60 second cooldown would probably be a good starting place.

as an over-all improvement to the ECCM concept, have the damage a weapon (+-20% of the value, perhaps) does be tied to the target ship's signature. The more 'noise' a ship makes, the easier it is to target critical systems. this would give luth ships, which run on lower sig values, a bit a of a defense upgrade, give player an additional reason to run stealth ships and prehaps not mash the spacebar, and make eccm/ecm more useful, espeically in conjunction with my previous suggestion.

Fighter glitch needs fixed or have a work-around.
Fighters are hard to work with right now, as they will commonly display that they are 'ready for launch' and will consume fighters from the ship without launching any if a player has jumped 2k or some other set of actions. the current fix is to recall and recover all fighters, then relaunch. this is hard when fighters are more than 3k out, and causes the carrier to pretty much withdraw its support from the fight for a good 2 mins to reset.
a method to SD fighters, put them in kamikaze mode(crash into enemies), or a bugfix in the code is needed. perhaps a small hud window when using carriers to better give orders to fighters could be designed.(a thought)

[ This Message was edited by: Gekko-Go on 2014-06-28 01:08 ]

DS is not dead

-xTc- ExisT
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2014-06-29 19:09   
One thing I have noticed in my realtively short time with this game, is that this community is ALWAYS complaining about something and seems to never to be happy with this game.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.026634 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR