Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +20.2 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

16th - Eve_is_crap
14th - Durden

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » future of game
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
 Author future of game
Boerenkool
Marshal

Posted: 2014-09-28 15:36   
bigger burp*
[ This Message was edited by: Boerenkool on 2014-10-03 08:34 ]

Gekko-Go
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2014-09-30 03:35   
I don't have an alt on each faction.

I generally play the same account as moving between accounts takes longer to gain rank. only time i have played the other factions is when RSM has changed sides for a week or two.

With the next version a little advertising could go a long way...and i'm not talking about paying for ads(that costs money)...more like a reddit thread or a slew of youtube videos. pull in some new players. maybe something with twitch. worst that could happen is they get ignored.

From what i have seen on the dev blogs, the next version SHOULD fix some of the major issues we have right now *coughplatspamcough.*

the nice thing about DS as compared to other space-combat games i have played is A) first shot does not guarantee victory, B) it has both quick and slow paced combat options, and C) not pay-to-win (although a few credits can go a long way).

DS is not dead.

DS is not dead

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2014-09-30 13:38   
BIG ISSUE
Is there anyway to list all players in a cluster in game? It's much easier to find people amongst multiple clusters with no clue where everyone is, since they don't answer in yell and even they tell, it takes tremendous time searching for the planet name.

-DBS
Marshal

Posted: 2014-09-30 14:37   
One main sandbox with connected home systems only and a rotating main map, would be great. Just run like a scene, but dont reset the home systems, only the main.

-DBS

Guyton (Angel of Death)
Marshal

Posted: 2014-10-02 14:45   
Could always go back to the old resource system in scenario! lawl

Boerenkool
Marshal

Posted: 2014-10-03 08:46   
summary of what i liked:

- events once in a while where all things get turned upside down! like a mass MI invasion killing all the stuff, evenly...ish. Or an arena style combat of 3 vs 3, that was the best event ever and i write in that event 5 min before it started...thats when i first met chlorophyll..
- more differences between factions. finding this somehow hard to explain, i just feel there used to be more differences.
- an etiquette, players who still try to be nice now, get screwed with a "trap"
- planet resources mattered more, factories where about the most important structures in the game. makes keeping certain planets more important.
- no offensive ai activity except MI and pirates

what i like now:

- better ship resonse/most lag issues solved on server side
- bigger map, gives players the choice to either take their own path or join main combat area
- Doran is still alive

If there only was a way to combine these things...

Stealth7
Chief Marshal
Ravenous Wolfpack Clan

Posted: 2014-10-03 20:20   
"we are changing the MV to be smaller.. "

finaly after countles new players come to try the game only to be bored to death in the new arival area unable to even see the main server chatt.

Most leave not knowing sag is where most the players fight..

This is from the map before the current one. the one now is even larger not worth mentioning, and still can't see yell chatt unless in the sector.

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2014-10-03 20:44   
see, thats exactly the sort of thing that needs to get reported untill its fixed.

Fatal Mack Bolan(WildCards_58th)*COM*
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2014-10-12 12:08   
+1 to azreal
ok, who farted ??? really, who farted ??? i think it was LobbyGhost.
seriously tho, take a look at how star trek online does some stuff...... i.e. ship modding.
really we had waaaay more ppl playing back in .480-.483
and no i don't expect you guys (devs) to directly port over the star trek online system, i'm just saying take a look at how they do it and compare that to how DS does it, some of the fun of .480-.483 was in building the ship out the way we as players liked it,not just picking the hull/build that comes closest to what we want
for a certain playstyle. also what wrong with cross faction wep drops as a reward for beating high level players.....

p.s. pantheon, it doesn't hurt to *look* at how star trek online does ship modding.

as always flatulently yours

*peace*

[ This Message was edited by: Fatal Mack Bolan(WildCards_58th)*COM* on 2015-03-26 07:16 ]
R.I.P. Stephen Hawking
R.I.P. sean connery
R.I.P. adam west

Email Fatal Mack Bolan(WildCards_58th)*COM*
Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2014-10-12 16:03   
Quote:
On 2014-10-12 12:08, Fatal Mack Bolan(WildCards_58th)*COM* wrote:
ok, who farted ???
seriously tho, take a look at how star trek online does some stuff...... i.e. ship levels/ modding, they have a fairly robust system in place that allows all torp and all beam loadouts..........

as always *Peace*

This isn't *insert another game here*, expecting other games systems to just work is silly. Plus it doesn't mean that just because it works in that game, it will work, or should work, in this one.

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2014-10-18 11:41   
Quote:
- Running Electronic Warfare devices now earns you Scouting points, which lets you earn presstige!

[ This Message was edited by: DiepLuc on 2014-10-18 11:42 ]

Boerenkool
Marshal

Posted: 2014-10-19 15:47   
prestige?

- try not to farm and you will die less in actual combat
- perform other roles then combat. in any daily situation with 2 other ships, at least one of em keeps shouting we need engy we need bomber we need transport but refuses to get one themselves because they are to simple minded to get one.
- dont be a chicken. yes you may get one kill after 1 hour of continously checking f2 (seriously what human checks each and every system about once each 3 seconds average for at least an hour, maybe even longer...new issue?) but thats about it. take some initiative
- grouping, bonus pres is like having 48% def enhancement vs a stock ship...you cant lose:)
- dont faction hop to the faction with most players. Pres gain has gotten balanced a while ago. the faction with the least players get more pres.
- Dont faction hop to the faction with the least players. Since most people are sheep they will all follow the leader hence putting you in same position.
- Dont faction hop at all! by not faction hopping to the strongest or weakest faction, you are actually an active loyal member to the actual faction you are playing and can have an actual achievement over a few days, instead of single 2 hour session combat, wich by your own opinions "dont lead anywhere" or are "boring" if not a ship is killed once every 5 minutes. The way to change factions: play one faction for at least 2 months, then decide if its playstyle suits you. Of course i do advice a faction change once per year to keep a fresh perspective on things. a good balance is once every 3 months. You will suddenly see that the ship you where fighting doesnt seem to have the capability to do same dmg as your opponent did, or vice versa. somehow related to lag and desynch. you will learn its mostly not the ship, but the player, that is OP. purely because of lack of lag of desynch issues on that player. ah good way to test enemy desynch is to compare dmg per hit to AI ship of same class. on avergae a stock or no def enhanced human ship recieves 30% less damage then a stock ai ship in my case, with players like athos being at 0%, and players like mousey or sheng being at 50%. Only by comparing the actual dmg output you can identify certain players and decide if you either want to ignore them or fly towards them. And really the only way to do so is to stick factions for a while, you will see who is alt and who is right, who is hopper and who is troll. People flying into a 3 vs 1 fight with a supply, people who join you in the MI territory by spawning in then going afk to increase ai spawn rate, people who will flatten a planet after you dropped 32 inf and cap is almost done. only then, you can start to decide what is usefull to do and what is not.

Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2015-03-22 00:59   
Wait.. this isn't a text based game?

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2015-03-22 05:54   
It is a text game, the graphics are just really good ascii symbols.

Guyton (Angel of Death)
Marshal

Posted: 2015-03-25 12:47   
Are there going to be any hit fixes to change things around

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Page created in 0.018962 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR