No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +2.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Tactics & New Players » » How to capture planet in 1.7?
 Author How to capture planet in 1.7?
DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2014-09-11 11:27   
Last night, I joined MV as K'Luth and found 4 ICC had been camping Loakmay: 1 command station, 1 bomber dread, 1 combat dread, 1 strike cruiser. I barely did anything to stop them. Despite of my carelessness, they spent 30 minutes wandering around and the def-disabled Loakmay still under 100% Kluth control. I was out of patience. I jumped and built platforms there. Yeah, you guessed it right. Yellow spam and a fleet of AI came and pushed ICC back. Within 1 hour and more, Loakmay was still 100% loyal to K'Luth without owner's protection against 4 hostile high class enemy.

It's NOT amusing how 4 top ICC could not capture an ICE with SY... It's questionable that how experienced players could encoutered troubles like that although they worked like a team with various ships. I gave up capturing planet invidually since 1.700. But watching them failed, I think it's time to ask.

How to capture planets in 1.7 as a team, as a invidual?

Incinarator
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2014-09-11 12:21   
Quote:
On 2014-09-11 11:27, DiepLuc wrote:
Last night, I joined MV as K'Luth and found 4 ICC had been camping Loakmay: 1 command station, 1 bomber dread, 1 combat dread, 1 strike cruiser. I barely did anything to stop them. Despite of my carelessness, they spent 30 minutes wandering around and the def-disabled Loakmay still under 100% Kluth control. I was out of patience. I jumped and built platforms there. Yeah, you guessed it right. Yellow spam and a fleet of AI came and pushed ICC back. Within 1 hour and more, Loakmay was still 100% loyal to K'Luth without owner's protection against 4 hostile high class enemy.

It's NOT amusing how 4 top ICC could not capture an ICE with SY... It's questionable that how experienced players could encoutered troubles like that although they worked like a team with various ships. I gave up capturing planet invidually since 1.700. But watching them failed, I think it's time to ask.

How to capture planets in 1.7 as a team, as a invidual?

Your confusion is easy to explain. They had two stats, neither of which have any capture weight. They had a strike cruiser which was probably so far under its own ECM that it also had no capture weight. The bomber pilot must have been an idiot because they obviously didn't bomb off the infantry. In this situation, 32 inf > one dread. Simple.

[ This Message was edited by: Incinarator on 2014-09-11 12:27 ]

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2014-09-11 12:30   
I figure the correct order might be:
  1. bomb interdictor
  2. bomb barrack
  3. bomb infantry
  4. fill inf
  5. disable def structure via destroying food/dome/power

Seems work...
[ This Message was edited by: DiepLuc on 2014-09-11 14:47 ]

Incinarator
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2014-09-11 14:50   
Quote:
On 2014-09-11 12:30, DiepLuc wrote:
I figure the correct order might be:
  1. bomb interdictor
  2. bomb barrack
  3. bomb infantry
  4. 32 raze inf
  5. disable def structure via destroying food/dome/power

How to deal with excessive AI? You will have to stay near the planet around 5 minutes and that's very long.
[ This Message was edited by: Incinarator on 2014-09-11 14:51 ]

1. bomb interdictor
  2. bomb barracks
  3. bomb infantry
  4. 32 attack infantry
  5. disable def structure via disabling tech

Yes, you have to stay around the planet for a long time. That's just gonna happen.

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2014-09-11 22:58   
When I'm capturing alone (that means atmost 1 enemy defender, preferably AI, I go for Shield gen -> Sensor bases -> Interdictor -> Barracks -> Bomb Infantry -> Bring friendly inf -> Bomb starport.

10 friendly infantry capture planets after maybe 15-20 mins, and 20 do it in the same time if there is an AI ship nearby (usually transport or a frigate).

When I'm working with a fleet, I change to Shield Gen -> Interdictor -> Barracks -> Bomb inf -> Bring friendly inf -> Bomb defense bases -> Bomb other stuff, like anti-sensors and depot for an overall faster gameplay for my team. This is, of course, subject to whether I'm able to survive long enough to bomb anything.

Bombing becomes a breeze if your team is protecting and resupplying you, or at least giving you some good ECM cover.

Wonder why everyone goes for bombing tech/power instead of the def bases themselves ...

Incinarator
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2014-09-12 02:27   
I do it because when solo bombs are at a premium. It takes one-two sets to disable a tech building, and at most there are five. Usually only three. Disabling the bases themselves takes one set per level one base, and 1.5 sets per level two base. That's 3 vs 8 or so. When solo, those five salvos make a huge difference in bomb time (one run vs two, usually). When in a fleet I do bomb the bases because waiting on the tech to recover is more annoying than saving a little time while bombing.
[ This Message was edited by: Incinarator on 2014-09-12 02:28 ]

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2014-09-12 11:43   
Quote:
On 2014-09-11 22:58, Forger of Destiny wrote:
When I'm capturing alone (that means atmost 1 enemy defender, preferably AI, I go for Shield gen -> Sensor bases -> Interdictor -> Barracks -> Bomb Infantry -> Bring friendly inf -> Bomb starport.

I would ignore sensor.
Shield -> Starport -> Interdictor -> Infantry -> Barracks
Starport has high priority because it calls for AI transport with their 4 PD.
I bomb infantry first because I want to level up my heavy infantry with new born infantry.

Chewy Squirrel
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2014-09-12 17:18   
Here is a trick: The easiest way to disable a barren planet is via food. Bomb the colony hub and the 2-3 biosphere condensors/automated hydro farms and the planet is completely 100% diabled with no chance of self-recovery. 3-4 buildings and it is over.

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2014-09-18 11:36   
Just a small suggestion about capturing planets: please don't dominate whole Sagi.
Playing alone is NO FUN, neither play against NPC.
Leave at least one planet (with SY) per factions. Thanks!
[ This Message was edited by: DiepLuc on 2014-09-18 11:39 ]

Page created in 0.013153 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR