No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +6.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » ai's are making the game unbearably hard to play
 Author ai's are making the game unbearably hard to play
mousey
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2014-09-19 11:54   
ai's are swarming in such numbers, that when there are real players on either side to play with, it get pretty irritating & frustating. They can swarm in such numbers, something should be done about it. & why the systematic annhilation of icc territorys?, too little players on other side?, doesnt this make more players come to icc, as they can then shoot the ai's.?

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2014-09-19 14:03   
Ya.
When I witnessed a AI station jumped mousey, I thought AI had somehow become SKY NET as in Terminator movies.
And one day the server is like in UP movie.

Rykros1987
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2014-09-19 16:06   
I like the new feel the ai have. Its not frustrating at all it just makes it hard to do things like capping defenseless planets. Ai is not supposed to be something that you just sweep aside for free pres and then proceed to do things without effective opposition. Ai is a balancing mechanic that makes it harder to run around capturing everything without resistance now.

So stop QQ'ing. Ai helps a lot in some ways including making gaining various kinds of pres easier. You can literally fly around in a suppy finding damaged ships and repping them to gain plat rep now instead of only gaining the pres when players are on. It now fixes some of the not so great problems of the game.

So whining that the ai hinder your activities is pointless. If your complaint is that they are too numerous then try stopping piling all onto 1 faction and maybe the ai reaction wont be so severe.

mousey
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2014-09-20 07:20   
Hey Ryko,
when adults talk, children should keep quiet, i m talking about ai's attacking planets, not defending it, ask guardsman who plays ugly how he feels when ai swarm ugly territorys

Incinarator
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2014-09-20 15:05   
Quote:
On 2014-09-20 07:20, mousey wrote:
Hey Ryko,
when adults talk, children should keep quiet, i m talking about ai's attacking planets, not defending it, ask guardsman who plays ugly how he feels when ai swarm ugly territorys

Hey, Mousey,
In this comment I am going to use extremely condescending and patronising speech in order to 'nullify' your argument via an ad hominem fallacy.

Fun aside, I happen to think that his point stands for both defending and attacking planets, and I happen to agree. AI is there to stop you from ROFLstomping [aka you attacking] and to also stop you from getting no combat by having the AIs attack you [aka you defending]... and if you can't happen to defend or attack the AIs successfully, that's on you, not on the devs.

Rykros1987
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2014-09-20 16:05   
Quote:
On 2014-09-20 07:20, mousey wrote:
Hey Ryko,

That's funny because I tend to play ugto around 50% of the time im on depending on where action is currently. Last I was on kluths were swarming the 2 only ugto planets in the system but it wasn't impossible to repel them. Also ai are supposed to have a chance at attacking/capping planets. Like I said they aren't there to just give you free pres.

Page created in 0.010166 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR