- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +23.1 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Bizaro
15th - *Flash*
9th - Uziel Lt. Seraph

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » Mistake on fusion/proton/AM torps
 Author Mistake on fusion/proton/AM torps
Jhomes
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2014-10-27 18:56   
Ok so seige torps on destroyer and below have half the damage and half the recharge times of cruiser and above ships that have double the damage but double the recharge times of the smaller ships, makes perfect sense and thats that. But now standard torps (fusion, AM, proton) have also had their recharge times halved on destroyer and below ships but the damage remains the same as cruiser and above ships, i.e, fusion torp combined damage max on destroyer level 4700 with new charge time of 3.5 seconds, cruiser level torp has combined max damage of 5200 but has the old recharge time of 7 seconds. same goes with the ugto and kluth torps.
So the mistake is you halved the recharge times on all torps on destroyer level and below but forgot to half the damage as well.
I trust this was a mistake as making smaller ships torps have double the damage per second of larger ships makes no sense and i cannot believe i am the only person who seemed to notice/question this.
I already tried directly asking an Admin but the answer i got seemed to be to a different question completeley and they failed to understand what i was talking about.

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2014-10-27 19:00   
I answered you:

If you're jumping from ship to ship to check tooltips, give it a while to update the cache.
[ This Message was edited by: Pantheon on 2014-10-27 19:02 ]

Jhomes
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2014-10-28 11:43   
ok, played for hour or more n never changed but i will trust you and take your word on it

Jhomes
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2014-10-28 14:37   
im sorry but its just not true, torp destroyer 8 fusion torps 1 variance, i hit icc defense plat with 1 round of fire, takes 8-10% off shield, take my strike cruiser fire 1 round of the 7 second recharge torps 8 fusiion torps 1 variance torp, does exactly same of 8-10% off the defense plat shield, if the destroyer has the 3.5 second recharge but half the damage of the cruisers torps, how is this possible? You say its cache mistake but im telling you to please check cause numbers do not lie

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2014-10-28 17:44   
Don't know what to tell you:

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2014-10-29 06:33   
A more relevant question would be, whether you are actually able to fire torpedoes from a destroyer with a recharge time of 3.5 seconds?

Damage is certainly fine, but you haven't said much about recharge times, except the tooltip info, which is possibly being caused by the cache thing.

Jim Starluck
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2014-10-29 19:06   
Alright, I took a look at the math and I found the problem:

I can't code.

The way I wrote the math, both the damage dealt by torps and the energy required to charge them should've been increasing by 20% per level, so DPS would remain constant while damage and cooldown went up. However, the math for the energy amount didn't work the way I expected it to, so instead of going up 20% each level it remained constant until you got to Cruisers, where it doubled suddenly. As a result, the cooldowns of torpedoes on Scouts, Frigates, Destroyers and Dreadnoughts were too low--Cruisers and Stations are the only ones that had the correct cooldown.

I've already submitted a fix for this, and it will be included in the next update.

Email Jim Starluck
Jhomes
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2014-10-30 14:26   
thank you for listening

Jim Starluck
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2014-11-01 23:47   
Fix for this one should go live in just a few hours.

Email Jim Starluck
Page created in 0.014371 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR