No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +16.8 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Repair points
 Author Repair points
Wessssss
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2014-11-15 11:08   
it's been some time now since the changes that added platinum ranks to use certain ships. Something that was a minor annoyance, as before I was allowed a Sup Station and now I do not qualify. Which happens as games expand and I didn't see it as a big deal until today when I took the time to really see what I had to do to get back to where i was as far as ships i could use. Grinding the 1000 points for gold was awful, the best way to grab rep points is from the Station I racked up 400 rep points without having to make a conscious effort using the station. Now though to get to the Station you need the Platinum badge which is 5000 points. 5000, really, it's not like the sup ships have changed any to make them anymore useful. they are basically player controlled flyable Sup Plats. the rate at which Repair points goes up hasn't changed. You can't, in my opinion, play the Sup game as intended and get anywhere near 5000. Which means the only way to do it would be to boost/farm it. which isn't fun and a waste of time. Is there anyway to change it. make a more useful Sup ship (Something else with a Repair Field) or increase the rate at which Repair points are given. Because right now it'll be about 8 hours of uninterrupted rep time to reach 5000. It seems like most of the players who have the 5000 now just accumulated it through being able to use the Sup Station over the years and just though playing the game garnered enough points.

TLDR;
Getting 5000 Repair points will take forever, and the only ships that can Rep are useless, any chance of a change/fix

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2014-11-15 11:13   
Quote:
On 2014-11-15 11:08, Wessssss wrote:
Getting 5000 Repair points will take forever

There have been 628 players qualified according to Rankings list. Some of them earned the badge within 2 weeks playing.

I find it's easiest to get the badge as UGTO, then Kluth and most difficult as ICC.

Last but not least, support station is no longer as fantastic as it was. I'm afraid it gets healed more than it heals.
[ This Message was edited by: DiepLuc on 2014-11-15 11:20 ]

Wessssss
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2014-11-15 11:22   
"It seems like most of the players who have the 5000 now just accumulated it through being able to use the Sup Station over the years and just though playing the game garnered enough points"

5 of the top 10 in repair points haven't logged in inside a year. And while the Sup Station may be more useless now, it still doesn't ignore the amount of time required for the badge.

Incinarator
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2014-11-15 18:35   
Quote:
On 2014-11-15 11:22, Wessssss wrote:
"It seems like most of the players who have the 5000 now just accumulated it through being able to use the Sup Station over the years and just though playing the game garnered enough points"

5 of the top 10 in repair points haven't logged in inside a year. And while the Sup Station may be more useless now, it still doesn't ignore the amount of time required for the badge.

I got my plat sup badge in a week playing only supply ships. On two accounts. Your overgeneralization is innacruate.

Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2014-11-15 21:08   
Quote:
On 2014-11-15 18:35, Incinarator wrote:
Quote:
On 2014-11-15 11:22, Wessssss wrote:

I got my plat sup badge in a week playing only supply ships. On two accounts. Your overgeneralization is innacruate.

that was also 2-4 years ago, if not more. things has changed alot since then
19:33:51 [ZION]GothThug {C?}: "Zero..you are DS's hero"

Incinarator
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2014-11-15 22:48   
My alternate account, Zygji, was made almost exactly one year ago. And yes, things had changed between both my accounts. Other players became more scarce. Large scale long duration battles also became more scarce. Support Stations were heavily nerfed. All of these made getting supply points harder, not easier.

[ This Message was edited by: Incinarator on 2014-11-16 00:04 ]

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2014-11-16 09:09   
I heard that supply prestige is based on activation time of supply drone. Tier 3 supplier has 3 gadgets, Sup stat has 2 gadgets, so maybe tier 3 supplier gains more prestige point periodically.

Incinarator
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2014-11-16 16:39   
Repair gadgets give .15 repair points per stat update. Updates occur every five seconds, giving .03 repair points per second. Repair points get 2.5 prestiege each, so those values are .375/u and .075/s for prestiege, for those interested.

It would take three repair gadgets 55555.55 seconds to get 5000 repair points, or just under 15.5 hours.

New players don't start out with three gadgets, so that figure is not accurate. If you start from zero points going down the UGTO supply line (the easiest) you would start out in the standard supply. It only takes 50 points to get the next highest supply, which takes about 28 minutes of continuous supply.

After that the next hop is up to platinum, but now you have two devices. The remaining 4950 points will take 22.92 hours of continuous supply.

Obviously this assumes you have targets to continuously supply, which equally obviously isn't realistic. Therefore, assuming that you are repairing something 75% of the time, it would take approximately 31.2 hours of game time to get platinum. If you play six hours a day it would take just about a week to get the platinum badge.

Two weeks™ is a decent approximation for how long this would actually take, as there are not constantly things to repair for the 'six hours' you play every day.

If you believe that the ICC is the best way to go (as they get their highest supply at gold supply) it would theoretically take only 23 hours to get platinum support, or just about four days. However, the ICC tend not to be easy to get repair points with, so I would bump that value up by ~ 50%, resulting in 34.5 hours of repair time. At that point you might as well go repair UGTO or K'luth, where you won't have to worry about not being able to repair shields.

[ This Message was edited by: Incinarator on 2014-11-16 18:05 ]

Dictionary Cat
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2014-11-17 12:45   
I received the platinum supply badge within two weeks of playing. As UGTO follow around another pilot or the numerous "AI" and the prestige is almost given to you. I could be wrong, but being UGTO seems to be a much safer faction with (at the time) a larger volume of artificial intelligence to repair constantly.

#TopTip
[ This Message was edited by: Dictionary Cat on 2014-11-17 12:47 ]

-DBS
Marshal

Posted: 2014-11-17 14:23   
Anytime I needed to go to the next level in supply points, I just grabbed the best supply ship and I would fly around and heal people. It helps them out and before you know it you will have them.

Edit: Choose players with hull damage... Repair them before they go to a planet or plats.

-DBS

[ This Message was edited by: -DBS on 2014-11-17 14:26 ]

Page created in 0.016752 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR