No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +22.7 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Player unbalance, not ships.
 Author Player unbalance, not ships.
pawnerz
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2014-11-17 11:12   
ICC is such a pain, they vastly out number both Kluth and UGTO.
(yes, even with teaming up against ICC)
The AI isn't compensating at all, (2 ICC dreads spawn whilst 2 players are in stations!??!) and playing is being a pain.

To ICC: That's why K luth snipe yo ass with torps, because we can't get enough players in dreads to kill yo ass!

K'luth had no shipyards earlier, as i was capping a planet (solo (lol what a joke)) i was being spammed with ICC AI (just me online) and it was an ugg planet!!

-- Side notes --
Planets PD suck, easily transport rushed. (why waste hours building when you lose an entire system whilst you sleep!?!?)
Platforms are the only good form of PD and they're limited.
People using cruisers and forcing worm holes onto players is annoying.
K'luth dreads are pointless without few ECM (new cloak would be better with more)
I hate scen based MV.

I want free build drones.

It's good to be back on DS, wish i didn't spend £3.11 buying credits and find they've capped enhancers to 24%, there goes my fish and chips dinner!

Ace of Stars
2nd Lieutenant

Posted: 2014-11-17 11:33   
Not sure where you found all those ICC players...when my account worked there were never more than a few online...we were outnumbered massivly by Kluth

Faustus
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2014-11-17 21:13   
Quote:
On 2014-11-17 11:33, Ace of Stars wrote:
Not sure where you found all those ICC players...when my account worked there were never more than a few online...we were outnumbered massivly by Kluth

Did you download and try the new installer?

Goto the website of Faustus
DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2014-11-17 21:44   
Quote:
On 2014-11-17 11:12, pawnerZ-Torped- wrote:
Player unbalance, not ships.

Not the stations pawn.

We would have not hestitated them to jump ICC in Nest, if the nest missle's range had been longer.

Because of its nature, I think combat station weapon range could get a scale to be tinier. Unlike the dread afford to narrow the gap and still survive to have good fight, Nest should be dead before it reaches Line station. Nevetherless, Line station with some weapon accelerator would be too good as it almost has no weak range.

I congrat that ICC has signature ships at last. I also feel confident in Line station and strike cruiser :"> However when I play as UGTO and especially Luth, I think their stations somehow underdog. I wish supply station has gun role replace sensor role. That should make Hive and UGTO SS more useful. Now they're almost abandoned.
[ This Message was edited by: DiepLuc on 2014-11-18 15:31 ]

Ace of Stars
2nd Lieutenant

Posted: 2014-11-18 11:24   
Quote:
On 2014-11-17 21:13, Faustus wrote:
Did you download and try the new installer?

I was unaware there was a new installer. I will do so later today.

Code Red
Chief Marshal
Non Omnis Moriar

Posted: 2014-11-18 11:42   
Hehe this thread is so full of win

The problem most definitely is with the players nothing else , the ICC recently has had the numbers eg:

Sheng - always played ICC
Don Nukey - is back recently and fleeted
Point - Fleeted ICC
Jholmes - Regular on ICC
Howl - Fleeted ICC

This from the top of my head shows that ICC can easy have the numbers , however there are a number of other players who are unfleeted and also choose to join ICC , this a fair choice as the game allows , however when they regularly do this when ICC already have the numbers then the game can become regularly one-sided.

My personal solution now that the MV more resembles Scen , is that when joining the map fleeted players join their team , however unfleeted players have a choice based on currrent numbers in game eg:

2 ugto on , 1 Kluth , 3 ICC then the unfleeted player (who already has garage space spare to cater for this ) , would play as Kluth , the next unfleeted player , presuming no fleeted player had joined, would be able to choose from ugto or Kluth and so-on.

I feel this is a sensible solution to solve a problem the players seem unable to resolve themselves for some reason.

Thanks for reading
Code

Code Red, For winning in the 1RA Fleet Wars event, here's your coupon for a week.

Incinarator
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2014-11-20 21:01   
Quote:
On 2014-11-18 11:42, Code Red wrote:
Hehe this thread is so full of win

The problem most definitely is with the players nothing else , the ICC recently has had the numbers eg:

Point - Fleeted ICC
Jholmes - Regular on ICC
Howl - Fleeted ICC

This from the top of my head shows that ICC can easy have the numbers , however there are a number of other players who are unfleeted and also choose to join ICC , this a fair choice as the game allows , however when they regularly do this when ICC already have the numbers then the game can become regularly one-sided.

My personal solution now that the MV more resembles Scen , is that when joining the map fleeted players join their team , however unfleeted players have a choice based on currrent numbers in game eg:

2 ugto on , 1 Kluth , 3 ICC then the unfleeted player (who already has garage space spare to cater for this ) , would play as Kluth , the next unfleeted player , presuming no fleeted player had joined, would be able to choose from ugto or Kluth and so-on.

I feel this is a sensible solution to solve a problem the players seem unable to resolve themselves for some reason.

Thanks for reading
Code

No.

1. This would damage the players who only ever play on one faction by forcing them to get into a fleet. Not all players want to be fleeted. I am an example.

2. This would encourage 'noob fleets' that would only exist to allow players to hop on one faction. This would lock players into one faction for a while... which would only cause the problem to get worse.

3. Players who prefer to faction hop do not always do so towards the winning team. I've jumped from my preferred faction to the weaker ones because I tend to enjoy it more. This would eliminate the option, causing players who aren't of the same mind as me to just not play.

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2014-11-21 05:12   
I propose a player chart, similar to kill chart, to be available on the website.

Data about player populations per team would be recorded every 30 minutes, and stored for up to 12-24 hours.

The chart would then display the data for the average population of each faction, or the percentage population of the factions.

This chart shall give players, who want to even the odds, to be able to make informed decisions about which faction to play as. It will also give firm statistics to continue arguments about inter-faction population inequalities.

(p.s. - play UGTO, we have the EAD ^u^)

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2014-11-21 08:14   
Quote:
On 2014-11-18 11:42, Code Red wrote:
Point - Fleeted ICC
Jholmes - Regular on ICC
Howl - Fleeted ICC

You don't count mousey, really?
Quote:
On 2014-11-21 05:12, Forger of Destiny wrote:
I propose a 24 hour player chart, similar to kill chart, to be available on the website.

I agree a player chart and I disagree with the kill chart.
The player chart is fine. It tells people how often the unfleet partner have switched side. It tells faction's population and who's on. I would like this list to be streaming lively.

The kill chart, which has showed up for a long time, ought to be removed. It really makes players embarrased. Can we have our failure private?

Code Red
Chief Marshal
Non Omnis Moriar

Posted: 2014-11-21 15:33   
I agree with your points Incinerator however a lot of players dont have the convictions to back up their words and are consistently on the numerous side.
If numbers were balanced player skill and ship choice would become more relevant etc etc.
A kill gained sitting from a station while you lazily fight 5 or 6 vs 1 or 2 is worthless and shouldnt even gain pres some might say.
A chart of player numbers would be very interesting reading , esp for the faction hoppers who nicely choose when to switch.

Code Red, For winning in the 1RA Fleet Wars event, here's your coupon for a week.

Chewy Squirrel
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2014-11-21 23:26   
Being outnumbered 3:1 just makes it a fair fight

Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2014-11-22 13:38   
Dont restrict unfleeted player to a factio, instead give a small bonus prestige to the facton with the less number, As the noob will have a choice to either go for their favorite faction, or go for the pres gain

show it ing ame, when players chooses their faction, show wich faction is undermanned and the extre prest % it gives up until the factions get stable

Planetside 2 uses a system like this, tought it might be a good idea
19:33:51 [ZION]GothThug {C?}: "Zero..you are DS's hero"

Page created in 0.018789 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR