No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +18.5 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » platforms in safe zone gates
 Author platforms in safe zone gates
Jhomes
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2014-11-22 15:24   
Other day kluth players mostly el guapo saw icc had made platforms in the kluth home gate, he had good cause to complain and report. Platforms were removed, game went on. 2 more times since then i have seen plats in safe zones that did not belong to that faction and attempted to tell players about this rule without success. there are even currently KLUTH platforms in safe zone of Sol gate 2 which is exactly same situation that kluth reported icc for.
So point is, PLEASE MOD or ADMIN define these rules clearly and make known to all, as i am tired of getting lectured by players about icc being cheaters and breaking rules one day then the same faction breaking the same rule the next day. Honestly i dont see need for safe zones at all and def dont see need to allow any faction permission to build platforms in them. Nothing of any faction should be allowed to be untouchable no matter.

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2014-11-22 16:56   
falls under safe zone camping.

TLDR, if it's a faction-owned gate, and it doesnt belong to your faction, or whichever faction you're currently on, GTFO.

the safe zone is there for the sole use of the faction it's aligned to. if you're not on that team, you have zero business being anywhere near* that gate, and that includes platforms.

seems pretty clear to me if you're not a cockerelbutt.
for wild cockerelbutt sightings, report with a screenshot

*home gate SZ are currently set to 1000gu. the 5000gu no-fly zone is still on the books. if you're in sensor range, you're too close.

TroyMars
Chief Marshal
T-Roy! and Friends

Posted: 2014-11-24 14:02   
Does this include your own faction's plats in your own homegates?
[ This Message was edited by: Troy Mars on 2014-11-24 15:40 ]

Email TroyMars
*Flash*
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2014-12-05 04:40   
This is incredible...you guys say its not allowed and yet ICC is building tons of platforms in the safe zone. We reported them so many times and still nothing is done against it. THank you!

Email *Flash*
DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2014-12-05 05:04   
Safe zone camping is hard to eliminate.

First, safe zone only deactivates weapon gadgets. As long as build drones and supply drones work, any engineer can build platforms.
In facts, there is no rule to prohibit where you can build platform. Even if there is a rule to not allow building plats inside safe zone, people can build outside and tractor them inside the zone.

Besides, the facts safe zone a place for repair is inevitable. Both ICC and Kluth takes advantage of safe zone thanks to their fast regenerator rate. Simply enter the gate to relaunch the ship at shipyard (if any).

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2014-12-09 10:39   
A fairly effective solution would be to insta-kill or do high planetary defence-like damage to ships belonging to factions other than that of the safe zone gate.

The extra tactical advantage granted by this would also make enemy players think twice before daring to fight near a safezone.

New idea - jumpgates with defence bases

Steveyk
Chief Marshal
Non Omnis Moriar

Posted: 2014-12-14 18:15   
Make it so the safe zone os under heavy ecm and the enemy factions cant fire inthat zone but home team can.

Email Steveyk
Incinarator
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2014-12-14 19:31   
Would it be possible to create a boundary like along the edge of space, but selective to only allow one faction to go through? If this were possible you could simply make a no-fly zone that would physically impede action.

Valiant Wolf
Admiral

Posted: 2014-12-15 11:19   
Okay, so I've not been around for ages, but if I were to try to solve this, I'd use the existing safe-zone (which I assume checks for distances to entities from the gate) and get it to do damage over time to ships or platforms within the no-fire zone that don't belong to the gate's faction. To achieve this you could probably re-use the planetary defence code. Another option might be to extend the damage field to outside the no-fire-zone to the 5000gu Doran suggested.
From what I can recall, factions other than the owner could use the gate to return to their garage but not to spawn ships. I liked this mechanic due to the risk involved, and it's why I would argue against straight up killing ships inside the safe-zone. I feel they should be treated more like the turrets in MOBAs, where you can retreat to them and live in most cases, but there is still potential for the enemy to finish you off at a high cost to themselves.
I'd love to be able to see the code behind things, but it's not my job.
Just my thoughts on the issue,
~Wolf

Email Valiant Wolf
Ignorance
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2014-12-15 21:46   
Quote:
On 2014-12-15 11:19, Valiant Wolf wrote:
Okay, so I've not been around for ages, but if I were to try to solve this, I'd use the existing safe-zone (which I assume checks for distances to entities from the gate) and get it to do damage over time to ships or platforms within the no-fire zone that don't belong to the gate's faction. To achieve this you could probably re-use the planetary defence code. Another option might be to extend the damage field to outside the no-fire-zone to the 5000gu Doran suggested.
From what I can recall, factions other than the owner could use the gate to return to their garage but not to spawn ships. I liked this mechanic due to the risk involved, and it's why I would argue against straight up killing ships inside the safe-zone. I feel they should be treated more like the turrets in MOBAs, where you can retreat to them and live in most cases, but there is still potential for the enemy to finish you off at a high cost to themselves.
I'd love to be able to see the code behind things, but it's not my job.
Just my thoughts on the issue,
~Wolf

I applaud you on that one.

That would fix half of the problems people have with gate mechanics right now.

+1

Page created in 0.022003 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR