No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Stations
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Stations
DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2014-12-07 10:44   
Quote:
On 2014-12-07 10:35, Kenny_Naboo wrote:
You complain about station spamming, but are unwilling to accept class limits, citing unfairness and the freedom to use whatever ships you wish.

Your argument defeats itself, and the original point of this post.

I don't complain about station spamming. I just state Line is superior to other stations.
And I don't complain about freedom, I predict there will be somebody who does.

Class limits are OK in exchange to game target. Fighting for a planet where station is able to launch worth hard afford.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2014-12-07 19:12   
Quote:
On 2014-12-07 02:48, Incinarator wrote:
Can I hear Missile Frigate?

Nah, anything less than a dread killing a station is OP.

Yep.

Yeah. We're still drying our clothes out from getting flooded by the ocean of tears that resulted when 8-10 Missile Frigates were taking out plat clusters and the SS that would camp in them.

Ignorance
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2014-12-07 20:16   
Sounds to me like a perfect balance is trying to be reached here between overpoweredness and underpoweredness...which is not possible. Perfection is not possible. This argument is pointless, as you can get as close as possible to perfect balance as you care to venture, but there will always be someone to complain about the little inevitable problems.

Animyx
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2014-12-09 11:36   
If you do add a limit for ship types please add a auto-kick feature to kick inactive players, as you get those few players who sit around doing nothing in dreads and stats. Would be a right pain if you needed to pull a support stat to rep everyone and the limit was reached because some guy in a hive is sat in the back of beyond with ecm and doing nothing...

Lock 'N' Load

*Flash*
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2014-12-10 12:18   
Limiting ships per faction is not a good idea but making them with less armor would be great. Stations role should be as a support for other ships not spamming them and killing the fun. Players from other factions cant do much when 4-5 stations are camping a planet with huge amount of defences on them and shields regen insanly fast.

Email *Flash*
Ignorance
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2014-12-10 18:48   
How about this:

- Take away most of the actual offensive weaponry from the stations (Dem missles)
- Replace said weapons with an obsurd amount of PD and allow the stations to keep their armor and shielding, Ewar, etc.

That way stations don't turn into duct-tape-armor monstrosities and still provide the benefit of Ewar and-In the Support stations' case-repair fields.

It would still take a concentrated effort to destroy a station, especially with long range missles, and further promotes the SUPPORT ROLE that stations should possess without making them easier to kill outright.

Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2014-12-10 22:04   
Quote:
On 2014-12-07 10:35, Kenny_Naboo wrote:

To answer your question: Who gets to use the station?
First come, first served. In other words, if the slot is empty you get to roll your station. If it isn't, then you go pick a dread or a cruiser. Wait your turn until that station driver logs.

we coudl perhaps add somethign to this, sinc emany odler player probably parks few staiton in their garage. Once your station is dead, (or even dread for that matter) Put on a timer that wil rpevent you from respawning that class of ship for a while, giving the others chances to spawn their own

If all manage to lose their station, then you better be good with cruisers

kinda acts like a faction supply, After all, who the hell cna rebuild a ship right after it exploded in thousands of pieces , even if it has 5% health
19:33:51 [ZION]GothThug {C?}: "Zero..you are DS's hero"

Dictionary Cat
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2014-12-11 19:47   
By the time Darkspace eventually falls and nobody cares enough anymore to maintain the virtual machines, this 'game' is going to consist of cotton wool wrapped space-bunnies throwing snow at each other, because actual weapons are 'Too OP' for this community.

I'm not sure you're entirely aware of the implications of limiting ship / character type in an open world multiplayer. The endless 'nerf' wars that occur in here are frankly hilarious.

Every last ounce of fun and pleasure has been drained from this game, and you're going to suggest removing player choice?. By all means go ahead.
[ This Message was edited by: Dictionary Cat on 2014-12-11 19:49 ]

Princess Luna
Captain

Posted: 2014-12-13 01:03   
Back in my Day Battle Stat's got 8 Core's an Beams!

SS got 4 cores an Missiles with sum beams...And repairs!

LS got Fighters, 4 Core's, Build Drones and like 3 Eware....

Now All the stuff people need is on the BS with 8 Cores, 8 Missiles and Ever Loving beams!

Could prolly fix this Station problem by using the older stat set ups so no one station is overpowered as hell... Now its largely. Useful Stat, crap Grab a Tier III suppy, and Crap Grab a Command Carrier or Something.

Just go back to what Stations Had Before, Combat Use, Support Ya know Missles for support at a distance 4 Cores to fend for itsself. And Well Fighter pestering Ewar with a few cores for self def and beams for CQC.....

[ This Message was edited by: Princess Luna on 2014-12-13 01:04 ]

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2014-12-13 10:25   
Quote:
On 2014-12-13 01:03, Princess Luna wrote:
Back in my Day Battle Stat's got 8 Core's an Beams!...Just go back to what Stations Had Before

Quote:
Princess Luna
Captain

file date says 2010, but im sure its older than that

thats 4 engines, probably AMEs, reactor 1500, tractor beam, AMJD, 1 emp cannon, 7 full arc proton torps, 5 cl2ks, 4 heavy armor, 4 b27 fighters, and 2 repair drones.
and nobody bitching about stations/dreads.

pawnerz
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2014-12-13 12:04   
Quote:
On 2014-12-13 10:25, Doran wrote:
4 heavy armor

Steveyk
Chief Marshal
Non Omnis Moriar

Posted: 2014-12-13 13:43   
Quote:
Quote:
On 2014-12-13 01:03, Princess Luna wrote:
Back in my Day Battle Stat's got 8 Core's an Beams!...Just go back to what Stations Had Before

Quote:
Princess Luna
Captain

file date says 2010, but im sure its older than that

thats 4 engines, probably AMEs, reactor 1500, tractor beam, AMJD, 1 emp cannon, 7 full arc proton torps, 5 cl2ks, 4 heavy armor, 4 b27 fighters, and 2 repair drones.

I WAs able to use a station in 2010 ans set up wasnt anything like that for stations and i dont really know any of the names in the screen shot so was before 2009.

Email Steveyk
Princess Luna
Captain

Posted: 2014-12-13 13:48   
Sorry, your posting rights have been restricted. Contact an admin.

^Everytime i Try to post on My main.^

Chewy Squirrel
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2014-12-13 17:09   
Quote:

That's waaaay older than 2010. That interface is from the mid-2000's

Real stations have curves

10 missiles, 8 fighters, 2 core cannons, 3 heavy beams, 12 light beams, 4 armor, 4 shields, pulse shield, 3 ewar, jd/wh slot, 3 repair drones, 2 tractors/mining mmmmm mmmm mm
[ This Message was edited by: Chewy Squirrel on 2014-12-13 17:11 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.033442 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR