No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +22.3 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Game scale (Ships, Planets, Velocities)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Game scale (Ships, Planets, Velocities)
Jhomes
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2014-12-26 21:42   
I dont see realistic way to fix this. Depth percetion is main problem i think, makes things appear closer/further than they really are also makes things appear larger or smaller than they are. Just have to accept and work around it. Far as scaling ships and planets, that would be tremendous amount of effort for just a chance of a better game so not gonna happen lol. Also smaller planets? closer together? They are already far far too small now and waaay too close together, but i love anyone that makes suggestions period, as it moves this game where it needs to be..... forward.

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2014-12-27 09:09   
Well, I thought if I could make a small test map on the side, it could act as a kind of proof of concept to see if it would really help at all, or improve the game play experience.

The planets would be smaller and closer together, but the jump drives would also move a LOT slower to compensate for this.

Part of the change, for this specific map, not the default game, would be to change the sizes of the ships so that Corvettes aren't a flea in comparison to Dreads and Stations. They'd be a fairly large ship and not as insanely maneuverable, but they would have tougher armor and hull, as well as a better weapon loadout.

I would also like to experiment with balancing a system where players can customize a ship with whatever loadout they want, basically a bunch of empty slots that take points to eqiup. Of course, the slots would be split into categories so you can't have like 12 Flux waves, and some parts would be impossible to remove so you have at least 1 hardwired engine.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.006729 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR