No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +1.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Doran

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » What I think of siege torpedos.
 Author What I think of siege torpedos.
Rykros1987
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2014-12-23 04:22   
Well I have tried siege torpedos for a little bit....I say they seem like they do whats intended of them. They prevent stat/plat spam from being the rampant issue it was and thats a really good thing.

They also seem to be easily avoidable for 'wary' dreads, and just about any cruiser or smaller class ship thats even caught off guard for a moment.

Theres just one problem though. I see it as being awfully abusable in one way. ECM bombing. There is nothing balanced about a few ships sitting in a planets orbit changing out gadgets or whatever....and suddenly torps explode next to you that you didn't see because an ecm'd cruiser is near and you didn't know. Suddenly several small ships are dead.

This is...potentially abusable in a terrible way.

Now to make it simple heres what i think should be done:

1. Halve both the damage,energy cost, and the recharge time. Why?

Because itll prevent it from one shotting cruisers and massively hulling dreads in just one volley while maintaining that useful lets smash the plats and stats policy. (it might still do so with larger dread class bombers but if you cant see a giant ship appearing and deploying its torps with 20 or so seconds to respond to the attempt then you deserve what you get.)

2.Make the weapon boost your ships signature by like...3 per gadget used. On top of what already exists. That way when you fire enemy sees blip and gets an actual warning before the torps come flying in.

These 2 changes would make it still do its original dps and function...while at the same time preventing it from being like the equivalent of tractor beaming people into planets suddenly.

Thar be my 2 cents matey arrrrrr

Jhomes
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2014-12-23 06:25   
I agree 100%

TroyMars
Chief Marshal
T-Roy! and Friends

Posted: 2014-12-23 10:51   
I couldn’t imagine this game being playable with even the slightest boost in player base as the game is now. I mean if 100 people played this game regularly then about 33 are going to be luthy, and of that 15 luthy’s would be abusing siege torps. If we have 15 planets I know a Luthy is going to be hanging around each one of my planets waiting for me to spawn, I’m out.

Faustus need to get rid of siege torps, and make plats weak against Singularity torps(Luthy ICC equivelent).

Email TroyMars
Steveyk
Chief Marshal
Non Omnis Moriar

Posted: 2014-12-23 15:55   
I agree with you guys but i dont think the torps need changed just removed plats arnt a problem they are very limited 30 per faction that cant cover every planet, so if you come to a planet with 30 plats or near to it hit another planet make them move and make them have to kill thier own plats to get up some extra defence. if a faction is down to one planet they should be able to spam hard to protect what they got.

Email Steveyk
Page created in 0.008519 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR