No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +1.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Doran

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » General Support » » Yellow launch gates... By T-Roy!
 Author Yellow launch gates... By T-Roy!
TroyMars
Chief Marshal
T-Roy! and Friends

Posted: 2015-01-20 21:34   
As a loyal UGTO player Sol map is annoying because our only gates are in Sol. Lanching a tranny from Earth's SY will take 4 jumps though 3 gates to Rawls, or ~120 sec direct jump both ways. Launching a tranny from Rawls to Earth is just a few sec jump because you load, dock, and use the yellow gate in Sol.
[ This Message was edited by: TroyMars on 2015-01-20 21:37 ]

Email TroyMars
TroyMars
Chief Marshal
T-Roy! and Friends

Posted: 2015-01-20 21:47   
A crazy idea I had the other day would be to remove yellow launch gates, and give each faction a special one platform called a ship yard to build anywhere.
[ This Message was edited by: TroyMars on 2015-01-20 21:50 ]

Email TroyMars
Steveyk
Chief Marshal
Non Omnis Moriar

Posted: 2015-01-21 06:35   
i Think all maps should have 4 systems 1 for each faction to have a gate in and a central system with no spawn gate, also th faction only gates need moveed since they normally close to planest and are wekll within sensor range.

Email Steveyk
Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2015-01-21 06:39   
1) If you can dock at Rawls to spawn at this yellow gate, you can also go through this yellow gate to undock at Rawls. So your route shortens to Earth - Gate - Rawls. After all, all gates lead to Rome, err, the garage screen.

2) Special platform that can build ships - as I recall, it was attempted some years ago, and failed. The cause was something similar to ships being able to build platforms but platforms not building ships.

3) There is an Edit button available under your posts. Very useful should you wish to modify your posts.

In that order.

Do pardon this hijack, but I really think something should be done regarding the placement of the home gates and yellow gates. With players now not having to travel manually across the MV, the current placing of gates is counterproductive.

I feel that the placement policies followed for transfer gates in the old server map (read: v1.5) was better as it gave great separation between any two transfer gates (one gate per system in Sag, and one gate per 2-3 systems in the 5 Home servers). At present, some maps have 3 home gates in 1 system (Barnards in particular), a fallout from v1.703 where one system per cluster behaved as a jump off point to multiple clusters.

Moving the original jump gates around could be risky (the small picture clears up, but the big picture gets messy). Creating new, temporary home gates in non-home systems should be good for creating some breathing space for the factions.

TroyMars
Chief Marshal
T-Roy! and Friends

Posted: 2015-01-22 12:59   
Quote:
On 2015-01-21 06:35, Steveyk wrote:
i Think all maps should have 4 systems 1 for each faction to have a gate in and a central system with no spawn gate, also th faction only gates need moveed since they normally close to planest and are wekll within sensor range.

I could see an occasional 4 solar systems map, but I like the dynamic of each faction having to play monkey in the middle with the 3 systems.

Email TroyMars
Jhomes
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2015-01-22 22:34   
I love the "idea" of the shipyard platform because it would be just that, a SY. Ships would have to go through docking procedure to get into them, so would elliminate the jumping thru a spawn gate to escape combat.
Since the SY platform could be a problem, why not just make it more like a Small DEATHSTAR looking station (uncappable planet, locked planet, with plenty of res for tranfering ships)) for each faction complete with a SY, tech enough only for what a spawn gate offered engi ships/frigates/transports and below, and give it huge planet defense to keep enemy players away. This way each faction has a place to launch from on resets, but eveyone has to go through docking procedure to enter instead of just flying right thru a gate easily avoiding death.

TroyMars
Chief Marshal
T-Roy! and Friends

Posted: 2015-01-23 14:40   
Quote:
On 2015-01-22 22:34, Jhomes wrote:
I love the "idea" of the shipyard platform because it would be just that, a SY. Ships would have to go through docking procedure to get into them, so would elliminate the jumping thru a spawn gate to escape combat.
Since the SY platform could be a problem, why not just make it more like a Small DEATHSTAR looking station (uncappable planet, locked planet, with plenty of res for tranfering ships)) for each faction complete with a SY, tech enough only for what a spawn gate offered engi ships/frigates/transports and below, and give it huge planet defense to keep enemy players away. This way each faction has a place to launch from on resets, but eveyone has to go through docking procedure to enter instead of just flying right thru a gate easily avoiding death.

A cool idea to build on the massive ship yard platform idea would be to give the platform 6 module slots. star port, mining beam, def, research, advanced research, dictor modules... and so on. You could build it near a random astroid, and have it start mining with a mining module. The starport module could AI ship mine for you if the plats' in deep space. Research module could allow cruisers and below to launch, while advanced research could allow everything else.

Email TroyMars
Jhomes
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2015-01-25 17:35   
would be perfect imo. actually ANYTHING at all other than the spawn gates would be ideal. Too many player dont understand the stay away from enemy gate rule, as well as the no jumping to/into a spawn gate to escape inevitable death. As these rules are pretty much unenforcable, some sort of ?movable? SY platform or a small moon/space station type SY fpr each faction per map reset would be perfect solution to problem.
Also a kluth player suggested simply adding a combat timer restriction to spawn gates, meaning combat timer must be off to fly into a spawn gate amd dock. this would be great also to keep ppl from instadocking in middle of a fight and coming back with new ship. So if its easy answers ur looking for, thats a good one.

TroyMars
Chief Marshal
T-Roy! and Friends

Posted: 2015-01-25 23:02   
Quote:
On 2015-01-25 17:35, Jhomes wrote:
would be perfect imo. actually ANYTHING at all other than the spawn gates would be ideal...

Also a kluth player suggested simply adding a combat timer restriction to spawn gates, meaning combat timer must be off to fly into a spawn gate amd dock...

I like keeping red/green spawn gates idea in game because those gates are connected to each faction's home system, or backup system. I agree an undestructable spawn gate would never fly in real life, but changing the red/green gates would change the dynamic of the game.

I don't quite understand why I have to wait to step out of my damaged ship at gates, and into the next combat ready ship in my garage. I could see this being an issue with Yellow spawn gates in your system thou.
[ This Message was edited by: TroyMars on 2015-01-25 23:05 ]

Email TroyMars
Page created in 0.014846 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR